IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nod VTOL, By me.
jadems
post May 9 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #1


Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 697
Joined: 26-April 07
From: Australia
Member No.: 929
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Yes, taking a break from shps coz I don't like them... I made this.

A Nod VTOL, capable of carrying vehicles and is similar to the GDI carryall

I based it off the apache.vxl, very similar but very different.

Included in the zip file are the .vxl and .hva and a, very poor, icon

Screenshots:




Any help would be appreciated!
Attached File  NVTOL.zip ( 104.43K ) Number of downloads: 298


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
ORCACommander
post May 9 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #2


SSM Launcher
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 763
Joined: 5-October 06
From: GDI Command Base, Southern Cross
Member No.: 14
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



very boxish


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
jadems
post May 9 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #3


Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 697
Joined: 26-April 07
From: Australia
Member No.: 929
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Is it? I tried to make the things beside the cockbit curvish.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
wondle_donkey
post May 9 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #4


Attack Buggy
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 206
Joined: 23-October 06
From: Seattle, Washington, USA
Member No.: 109
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Well yes, you succeeded there, but the rest of it needs the same treatment IMO


--------------------

Thanks for the kickass sig daTS!
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Team Black
post May 9 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #5


Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 2,841
Joined: 23-October 06
From: New York, U S of A
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



yeah...There's some things I'd have against the overall shape...that I can't quite put into words.

It has detail, texture, remap, but it's very...geometrical. I'm having trouble with the main shape of the body. Needs more detail, and balance (the tail is unsatisfyingly small)

Well, this is your first voxel (right? unsure.gif) and I can tell that with some pratice, you'll get pretty good. Keep on truckn' dude


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
jadems
post May 10 2007, 05:52 AM
Post #6


Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 697
Joined: 26-April 07
From: Australia
Member No.: 929
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Lol, well, one of the first. And I'll try to make it more non geometrical? lol


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Lightstorm
post May 10 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #7


Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 699
Joined: 3-February 07
From: the far side of dawn,
Member No.: 768
Alliance: Forgotten
Favorite game: Tiberium Wars



its wings are just too boxy and it has no place to actually carry anything like the carryall does.


--------------------
Join My forum (please??)
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
jadems
post May 11 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #8


Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 697
Joined: 26-April 07
From: Australia
Member No.: 929
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Of, course! Something to grab vehicles with.

Thanks guys, I'll get to work on fixing those things!


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Blacksilence
post May 11 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #9


Light Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 486
Joined: 21-October 06
From: Unknown
Member No.: 67
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



dont see any propoltion system???


--------------------

Thanks bittah for the sig .
Love MLRS, its the worlds most dangerous artillery.
Tibweb forum Mod Leader of VENGEANCE
TS/V Trailer Progress 20%
The Explosion Expert

Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Nimron
post May 11 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #10


Hum-vee
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 185
Joined: 21-October 06
From: UK
Member No.: 48
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



QUOTE (Black hawk @ May 11 2007, 02:40 PM) *
dont see any propoltion system???


I agree, it should have Vertical take off propellers/fans (Take a look at the Orca, then add them to the wings).
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
jadems
post May 11 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #11


Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 697
Joined: 26-April 07
From: Australia
Member No.: 929
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Ooooh, under neath there are these two blue pod things. But I don't think they count..


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
jadems
post Sep 1 2007, 07:37 AM
Post #12


Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 697
Joined: 26-April 07
From: Australia
Member No.: 929
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Okay, well I got back to work on this. And I tried to give the body shape a bit mroe curvature, but I still need a bit of help on the wings.
Does anyone have any good shape ideas for the wings?

And, also, I need help normalizing. Where do I even start?


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
jadems
post Oct 6 2007, 03:36 AM
Post #13


Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 697
Joined: 26-April 07
From: Australia
Member No.: 929
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



Okay, well I found the auto-normal option. But it still doesn't look right.
And here it is, in all it's unfinished glory.
Attached Image


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Ghost742
post Oct 6 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #14


Rocket Infantry
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 40
Joined: 4-September 07
From: Niagara Falls NY
Member No.: 998
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



maybe make the wings oval


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post
Crash
post Oct 6 2007, 06:40 AM
Post #15


Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 1,282
Joined: 27-October 06
From: Norway
Member No.: 173
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun



I think it has to have a bit more round shape, else it looks rather good. Good job!


--------------------
Perfection can never be achieved; it's merely approachable.
Go to the top of the page
 
: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2026 - 08:30 PM


XGhozt.com