Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cement Truck
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Graphics > Finished Voxels
Team Black
This is my SECOND released voxel. I submitted it to last December's Freedom Studio's voxel competition, and I thought I'd put this up for release by itself, so here it is...

The RESULTS were as follows:

Team Black - Cement Truck

Daeda's judgement:

A) Originality: 19/25 - Dont think I've seen a cement truck before
cool.gif Normals: 16/20 - Decent
C) Colouring: 14/20 - Quite varied, though i dont like the colouruse on the cementmill.
D) Technical Competence: 20/35 - Though a bit simple on front, the back has some nice details, plus the cementmill is worked out nicely

Total: 69/100

Gosho's judgement:

A) Originality: 23/25
cool.gif Normals: 15/20
C) Coloring: 13/20
D) Technical Competence : 21/35

Total: 72/100

Xeno's judgement:

Originality - 21
Normals - 16
Coloring - 15
Technical Competence – 21
Summary: Quite a cute little vxl. It has its flaws but for a small vxl its pretty well designed. Normals and colouring is fairly limited, but I put that down to the overall size.

Total: 73/100

Final Score: 71.333/100
It placed 9 out of twelve (eh, top ten isn't bad...)

Then Raminator judged it:
Team Black - Cement Truck [68pts]
A) Originality: 18/25
cool.gif Normals: 15/20
C) Coloring: 10/20
D) Technical Competence : 25/35

and I think it was the only TS voxel submitted
Here's the animations, and last is the pics I based it off of
-if someone could make a better one I'd apprecite it, also a 360 and an ingame
(check out that flame truck there, that one's pretty awesome)

EDIT: download removed. You'll find it here in my civilian voxel pack, with a new + improved version! smile.gif
harv
why did you post this 3 times

oh and good job
Team Black
Hey, thanks...I have no IDEA how it got posted so many times wacko.gif
I had some trouble uploading the 360 animation, so I tried a few more times to upload it, it might've posted it those times for some reason huh.gif

I'm going to recolor it too sometime...but not right now, though.
I'll post it at the top when I'm done
Vertigo
Looks amazing, but you might want to get rid of the flashing in that animation before someone has a seizure...
vOi!king ship
Ah, the voxel! Props for putting this up for download here TB. smile.gif

BTW, Sleepwalker also made a TS voxel btw.
SMIFFGIG
Very nice, love the original idea and the rotating cement barrel thing tongue.gif (what is that called anyway dry.gif )
Denmon
I think it's called rotating cement barrel thing tongue.gif

nice voxel! wub it tongue.gif
Team Black
lol thanks (spotlight would be AWESOME)

Daeda called it a "cementmill" though the section I just called "MIXER"

It was a pretty big pain to animate it, as I had to rotate on 2 axis each frame, and still keep the [barrel/cementmill/mixer] from wobbling around too much.
I'd hoped the animation would boost my score a little, as well as the originality, as no one would probably ever have thought to make a voxel cement truck for TS.
Also, I has curious to see if the judges would pick up on the hidden message on the bottom...that wasn't mentioned either though.
vOi!king ship
Hidded message? Of cource we saw it, didn't we lads? Lads?
Blacksilence
Where do you need it for in ts????????
Lin Kuei Ominae
i think this could be very useful for a civilian party that can place with this one pavement for free.
Like deploy the unit to create a patch of pavement.
Team Black
QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Jan 5 2007, 07:25 PM) *
i think this could be very useful for a civilian party that can place with this one pavement for free.
Like deploy the unit to create a patch of pavement.

yeah, those that read the readme saw I made an attempt at making it a paver.
DeploysInto=GAPAVE worked fine...
However, FreeUnit didn't= work, and I even tried UndeploysInto= and that didn't work.

So what it does is deploy into a patch of pavement and doesn't come back.
too bad though, because a unit with that ability would make paving alot esier, and probably would make pavement a little more popular in the game..
Uufje
That looks pretty good! I like the idea ^_^
vOi!king ship
Well, it's too bad. Maybe ETS will help! (Mircale cure. For Modders 1 month and above tongue.gif)
Ixith
hey cool nice job with this. smile.gif

i think it could use some recoloring. all the cement trucks i see around where i live are green for some reason. but obviously you have a lot of sources to do the color off of.

great job with it.

bah now if only i could finish my voxel i started working on..........
daTSchikinhed
did you try making the pavement selectable? (wierd, i know, but it may be why there is no freeunit
Gardel
Very nice voxel, and very original.
I like it a lot!!!
Team Black
EDIT: download removed. Check the link at the top to find it, and a better version, and 11 other AMAZING voxels biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.