Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galactica Viper MK V
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Graphics > Finished Voxels
daTSchikinhed
I'll get an ingame in an hour or so.. OS VV only opens about ten percent of the entire voxel, which is total bullsh*t.

Here's the voxel at any rate.
Denmon
Let me guess, its pretty big huh?
daTSchikinhed
ugh it looks horrible ingame... but it's so small... confused.gif
harv
better leaver the voxels to me then tongue.gif
daTSchikinhed
I only work good with larger voxels, it seems..
cdmt
better leaver the voxels to me then

Fat chance, just give him time rework. Dats has made some great voxels in the past. Dats just make it a bit bigger so more detail will show up in game. THe proportions look right for it so I'm sure you can make a great one, giving it a bit more time and making it bigger.
daTSchikinhed
But vipers aren't big.. they're small little sh*ts... this one is actually bigger than I intended.. If you look at it, just sit and star, it kinda resembles a Raptor more than it does a viper..
vOi!king ship
cdmt, are you cdmtx(YR) from Revora by any chance? Lay of of harv, that was a joke.

The voxels needs to be a bit bigger imho. It just seems too small for TS.
daTSchikinhed
I just explained it.. They're about half the size of Orca Fighters. Or supposed to be anyways.. If I make a full scale Galactica like i planned, they would need to be even smaller!
cdmt
Unfortunately, you'll have to deal with disproportionate sizes to retain visual detail. Or you can just use a single pixel as your colonial viper to keep its proportions right :biggrin:

cdmt, are you cdmtx(YR) from Revora by any chance?

No, I am not. smile.gif
Corsair
It looks okay to me and I don't see a resemblance to the Raptor

Although I would prefer a Raptor instead, it would have more versatility as a voxel (Transport, Flying Sensor Array, Light Support)

Perhaps the ship just needs a longer nose?
cdmt
I took another look at it why don't you just slim the nose down a bit vertically. It looks a bit fat top to bottom right now. Other than that it should work great.
Blacksilence
If you make it smaller it becomes a drone not a unit, also the detail is lost.
daTSchikinhed
hmm.. longer nose then.. i can see where it looks like it needs it.
Denmon
Hah, I thought you made another mega huge starship of extreme destruction and chaos and then i see this fly. tongue.gif
Team Black
QUOTE (daTSchikinhed @ Dec 29 2006, 11:11 PM) *
I'll get an ingame in an hour or so.. OS VV only opens about ten percent of the entire voxel

That might be the ground covering it up..go on the left of the VV and uncheck "show ground"
Uufje
What's wrong with small voxels? :o
I like this one!
daTSchikinhed
@ Team Black: Actually, i know how to use osvv, it's something wrong with my computer. the 3d engine is crap. my video card is crapping out on me. Generals is sh*t to play anymore, and Counterstrike is UNGODLY glitchy.

@ Denmon.. If i get time, i'll do the actual Galactica...
vOi!king ship
@ Denmon WTF is wrong with daTS being a moderator?! He's a really tallented GFX artist and a pretty expirienced forumer.
daTSchikinhed
You know, it really doesn't matter to me what he thinks.

Banshee has already removed his sig from PPM, but no doubt it'll return.

Anyways, I've got the nose of the galactica done.. i'm working on her midsection and pods now..
Corsair
QUOTE (daTSchikinhed @ Jan 1 2007, 07:41 PM) *
Anyways, I've got the nose of the galactica done.. i'm working on her midsection and pods now..

Good stuff, what kind of weapons will it have? Will it have those huge, powerful forward cannons and nukes? Or something less powerful?
daTSchikinhed
well.. i'm thinking of making it RA2 compatable and it would be carrier based with vipers.. maybe...

Otherwise it will have the forward guns for assault purposes and nukes as secondary weapons.
Gardel
What's wrong with small voxels?
I like this one!
---------------------------------------

Yeah, me too!
Tartan Bunny
cool, great shape. looks more like it should be in the air flying
Corsair
It landed, that's why its on the ground...
Tartan Bunny
silly me! tongue.gif
Genobee
Sorry , but i think it looks ridiculous...

I don't like.
ZeroG_181
Lengthen the nose and the rear. Also make the fins a little shorter. Then it should look a little better. Oh, and you could do one of the streamlined vipers (Can't remember what MK it is)
daTSchikinhed
Yeah, i'll do it when i can, but they've got me working all weekend :(

Oh and it's a MK VII (7)
confactor
I think the nose is fine. but the rear needs some normal and color adjustments.....
Lightstorm
QUOTE (daTSchikinhed @ Apr 18 2007, 06:33 PM) *
Yeah, i'll do it when i can, but they've got me working all weekend :(

Oh and it's a MK VII (7)

MK VII is gray not red and white. and i can't wait to see the Galactica, but if you want it in proportion w/ those fighters it would take up the map several times over. (oh and whoever said to make a raptor i agree raptors rock)
daTSchikinhed
Actually, in that I'm reffering to what ZeroG wanted me to do...

And put quite frankly, I wont finish the Galacica or the MK VII any time soon. I leave in 10 days...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.