Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A small voxel
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Graphics > Finished Voxels
El_Serpiente
I have decided to leave the mechs to LKO, he seems to do it much better than I, and in shp format too. So I have taken my time and made a LAV (light armoured vehicle, for those who dont know). It is nimble, fast and overall lightly armed and armoured. A single 20mm cannon and a 25mm rocket pod are all this vehicle has to defend itself and attack with. The overall idea was to get a fast tank to harass bases, and carry a couple of troops as well. Well here it is...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
... and the ingame screenies.(thanks to cmdt for reminding me :blushing: )
Click to view attachment
cdmt
This picture doesn't do it justice. It would look a lot better in game than a close-up that accentuates its pixelization. tongue.gif I think it looks better than the ugly nod buggy.
Corsair
I think the gray on it looks too dark, lighten it up a bit

It's a pretty good voxel and it could be better with a lighter skin
El_Serpiente
QUOTE (Corsair @ Dec 19 2006, 06:50 PM) *
I think the gray on it looks too dark, lighten it up a bit

That can be done
Oh, as an offside, I have put the more "apc" version up for download with screenies. This one has a much lighter armament than the tank, two machine guns, but can carry six soldiers instead.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
harv
i must say i didnt like it at first but its not bad
Uufje
It looks definately better then the ugly Nod Buggy.
Nice work.
Team Black
QUOTE (Department of Redundancy Department @ Dec 19 2006, 1:25 PM) *
yes it looks better than the ugly nod buggy. This one's better than the nod buggy because the nod buggy is ugly. The nod buggy is ugly, but this looks alot better.

rolleyes.gif

I like this one, though it looks too light of a vehichle to be sporting 6 tires...I'd beef it up a little more...
Corsair
I like the voxel; it's light, quick, and can carry 6 troops. And the six tires means no terrain will stop it! :biggrin:
Sleepwalker
matrix.gif hmmm... You should lighten up the whole unit, exept the wheels, and that includes remap.
El_Serpiente
Okay, both vehicles are now about four shades lighter, including remap.
vOi!king ship
I love it! Perfect for a Nod subfaction with mountanious affairs tongue.gif
ORCACommander
I like the voxel but it appears to be grainy in that screenie. or is it just me?
El_Serpiente
QUOTE (ORCACommander @ Dec 20 2006, 09:19 AM) *
but it appears to be grainy in that screenie

Yes it does, but if you enlarge it, the graininess goes away
ChielScape
it needs contrast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.