Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Third faction discovered!
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberium Wars > Tiberium Wars News
DeathRay2K
The third faction has finally been discovered, in Games for Windows magazine.

They are, as many people predicted, aliens!
We do not yet know whether they are Scrin or something else, but we do know that they use a lot of high-tech units, mainly robotic.

And, of course, what you really want to see: pictures!

Click 'Discuss' to see some!
Jpmaarten
Ok, sounds cool eventhough Aliens in battle look a little strange in C&C.
I always liked the idea of them watching GDI and NOD from outer space and think that we are pretty much a parasitic lifeform...

EDIT : The flying thing in the city certainly looks like the head of the Spaceship in TS... I have no more doubt that they are the Scrin, or atleast are using Scrin technology
Tore
EA has done it again destroyed C&C!!!!!! ranting.gif

ok they don't look so so bad but i was a bit disappointed i though they looked more like the Covenant in Hal(l)o
or the Eldar in Warhammer 40k

noooo the bugs in starship troopers has became mechanical
Creagor
Woah..

Definatlely alien. Scrin? Questionable. They may be intended to be the scrin, but EA might callthem somthing different - if they havent looked up the tiberium storyline too well (which we know they havent by thier lack of reasonable tiberium logic) then they may not actually realize that the scrin are called the scrin.

The "units" look like they could be organic creatures rather than metal tanks/robots. Possibly somthing Half-Life 2 ish gong on, alien creatures with mechanical bits fused on...
Mechanical
Yes, because you know EXACTLY what they're supposed to be, with a single spaceship in TS.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it destroyed C&C.
Sgt Candy
QUOTE (Mechanical @ Dec 12 2006, 01:25 PM) *
Yes, because you know EXACTLY what they're supposed to be, with a single spaceship in TS.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it destroyed C&C.

finally someone who sees it like i do!
i dont care the scrin should be on c&c3 they gave us enough hints don't ya think?
Corsair
Hm... I would have to agree that the last picture looks like something from Starship Troopers
El_Serpiente
War of the worlds anybody? In fact, that unit near the right border looks like it could have spawned from war of the worlds.
SeekSomethingNew
hmm, im not too sure about this... it might be had to perfectly pull this off, they look abit out of place unless there are loads of them in some armegedon style land. oh well... this is the future of C&C, not much we can realy do about... they seem to not realy listion to the commuity other than changing the tiberium crystal size. i think the only thing that will redeam me now is blue tiberium, with big tiberium trees that spawn toxic gasses that kill all Nod troops tongue.gif, maybe i will have to mod it...
Slender Mang
*admin edit*
EDIT:i hate you admin tongue.gif
Tore
When did i say i didn't like it ??
When did i say i knew exactly how they looked like?

remember i wrote:

ok they don't look so so bad but i was a bit disappointed i though they looked more like the Covenant in Hal(l)o or the Eldar in Warhammer 40k
Robo fish
my only complaint is that they look like bugs pinch.gif
Team Black
eh, I still can't picture scrin as an actual faction, just a menace in the background to give nod & gdi trouble...

Mutants should SO have gotten the third C&C faction. Well, there's an expansion pack coming, there's still hope.

EA and C&C3:
"there was never hope...just a fool's hope"
-Gandalf
zdflamer2
u lot whine too much. they look awesome. the environment looks cool aswell. great job EA.
Genobee
Way awesome... Cool!

I always knew the third race would be at least aliens...
Bedeage
QUOTE (Tore @ Dec 13 2006, 01:24 PM) *
When did i say i knew exactly how they looked like?

remember i wrote:

ok they don't look so so bad but i was a bit disappointed i though they looked more like the Covenant in Hal(l)o or the Eldar in Warhammer 40k

When you say they look "more like" you miss out a 'than' at the end. They look more like w40k eldar than what? Your own image of what the scrin should look like? confused.gif

TS had one crashed alien ship. As far as I remember the scrin were not shown elsewhere. EA own the rights to the game, they have a few pieces of concept art to work with, of course its not going to be exactly how you imagined it. And remember that concept art is exactly that, concept art. Concepts change...

That said, I do hope someone makes a mod very quickly after cnc3 comes out if the aliens are not the scrin, and preferably a mod which adds mutants as a fourth side wink1.gif
Atomic Gopher
Looks pretty damn Scrin to me, i think EA did fairly well
The DvD
Hmm... bugs. Don't really like that.. i mean, how would bugs be able to create this phenomenal technology (portals etc)? I get the idea they didn't really think this one through.
ChielScape
they just make stuff appear out of nowhere, duh! (err... tongue.gif)
i still think its a bit early to say that kind of things.
Corsair
Sounds like they're sort of protoss-ish, where most of them are composed of robots and warp in (they're just buggish robots)
Wess
QUOTE (The DvD @ Dec 14 2006, 08:55 PM) *
Hmm... bugs. Don't really like that.. i mean, how would bugs be able to create this phenomenal technology (portals etc)? I get the idea they didn't really think this one through.

HeXetic over at PCNC wrote: Aliens are kinda bug-squid-techno-organic creatures. Some of their units are more bug-like than others, and some might feel a bit derivative but the faction overall doesn't feel like one particular alien stereotype such as "bugs".
Nod Strike
QUOTE (El_Serpiente @ Dec 13 2006, 03:28 AM) *
War of the worlds anybody? In fact, that unit near the right border looks like it could have spawned from war of the worlds.

QFT

By the way, QFT means Quoted for Truth
Uufje
Yes, they look like bugs...
From the pics I can see they will probably be overpowered, with their uber lasers.
Bedeage
Its more likely that they'll be underpowered because EA fear criticism for overpowering them. Not that EA often heed criticism...
Nimron
I like the portal thingy, I do admit that they have gone a little too far with the bug idea, but they look cool anyways IMO. w00t.gif
The DvD
What i meant is, they're just a big swarm of bugs, i don't get the idea they actually have some goal they are trying to accomplish besides "terminate all and breed more bugs"..
Mr. Pokey
Well the Combine in HL2 are like giant bugs etc, and look what they did in HL2. So I don't see why these bugs can't.
KajiTetsushi
At least they've changed gameplay a bit.
I've always thought of it boring to see only two sides in C&C go through a fight to the finish.

Besides, the weapons of the new side look amazing.
Blacksilence
It looks like the guild units from imperal battle for dune.
DoomToHel
Aliens/ thats kinda wierd for CnC game ..... :confused: :blink:
Tore
QUOTE (DoomToHel @ Jan 25 2007, 09:08 PM) *
Aliens/ thats kinda wierd for CnC game ..... :confused: :blink:

bump....

err what are you talking about there have been aliens in C&C for a long time it was aliens that sent tiberium to earth and there was a crashed ship in TS and many more things
Lightstorm
those things look awsome! did you see the vid with the guiant alien death ring? can't...make it...too...long... *writhes in pain from having to wait*
daTSchikinhed
*bump*

I must have missed this topic.

but these guys heavily remind me of the Flood from Halo...
ShDwBoRn
the aliens remind me of the arachnids from starship trooper
Nod Strike
Just think, some time ago, magazines were considering =LOL= Yuri HAHA ^_^
harbringer
hrmm... maybe those aliens are actually just robots, which are being controlled from the inside (or piloted, whatever) by the actual scin, who are perhaps, an equally malign race, yet too physically puny to do any killing themselves? whatever, thats my idea, well have to see...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.