Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first WORKING voxel!
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Graphics > Finished Voxels
ShDwBoRn
This is my first working voxel, it's the omniscience fighter/bomber. It's a big voxel and in my opinion looks beautiful ingame. It could probably also be used as a dropship for Nod. Believe it or not i built it from scratch but the shape is based off the orca. The story behind it (which is part of my mod) is that this GDI pilot...lets call him...Bob, decided that GDI wasn't aggressive enough and defected to Nod. Kane happily took him and his orca in learning much valuable Information in the process. To act as a simple means of intimadation against GDI. After all whats more intimadating then the symbol of your country/nation/multinational corporation shooting at you, except it's bigger, stronger and looks all around more vicious.

For the HVA use the orca's
In the art file the PrimaryFLH whatever thing works best as follows
PrimaryFireFLH=73,25,6
SecondaryFireFLH=77,25,6

The secondary fire thing is there because my original concept for the unit had a small rotating Obelisk on the underside

Click to view attachment

unfortuneatly i don't know how to make it so you can download it down.gif [font=Arial]
ORCACommander
to big. you need to resize it smaller.
ShDwBoRn
i actually like it big, makes a good dropship. i am going to make a smaller sleeker version as well though. the current version will have more detail though later. i thinkk the main problem is the cockpit, it blends in too much and is too smooth
Uufje
It's indeed a bit big, and the pink doesn't fit.
It looks nice though.
Team Black
eh, the Orca fighter design looks more for speed, not as a gigantic transport/bomber thing.

I'd have gone for a different aircraft to gigantify, if I were to do it.

for a first voxel though it's still pretty good
ShDwBoRn
QUOTE (Uufje @ Dec 12 2006, 09:27 AM) *
It's indeed a bit big, and the pink doesn't fit.
It looks nice though.

i'm not actually sure why the pinks there, when i open the file on VXLSE3 the pink parts are black
=NX=Firefx
Wrong shape for the size.
Denmon
It's a resized orca fighter... Wow! dry.gif
harv
you fail at life tongue.gif
Ixith
ermmm ok heres my comments on it.

-that style only goes good with GDI
-its just a OrcaFighter resized and recolored
-the recoloing isnt done very well IMO
-its way too big. it looks like it might smash a helipad blink.gif

thats all for now.

anyways i believe the pink is there because those are unused colors in the TS template or something like that. i also think there are a few others that make that pink appear. anyways you should fix that pink.
harv
iv redone it were you ever going to pm me back?
adarius
You guys have some serious attitude issues....

My comments:

I see the style you were trying to go for:
Nod has captured GDI ORCA technology and tries to mold it to their own use. But the others are right that ORCA tech goes with GDI better and should be left out of Nod unless they capture a GDI base in a game. The obelisk on the bottom was a nice touch of showing how Nod was trying to incorporate it to it's own use.
The cockpit, I agree, does blend in with the rest of the body too well.

For the rest of you..... Lighten up and don't base it just on what you would have done or what it should have looked like to you. No one has the same style, and everyone enjoys different things. So he likes enlarged ORCA tech for Nod, that's his choice. He is just showing his work to the community of TibWeb so that he can get ideas and advice on how to make it better or comments on wether people think it looks nice or not. He didn't come here to get his F***ING head ripped off.
harv
thats not what he was thinking at all... all he did was double the size of the gdi orca and recolor it.. and he asked me to redo it and i did but hes not talked to me since >:(

ill post it tomorrow so you guys can use it cause i guess he doesn't want it...

and as for you adarius we were giving constructive Criticism... i don't have tolorence for "lazy" voxels.. i could have done the same thing in 30 seconds ,why bother... >>>make one from scratch<<
adarius
Off-topic: Because harv, not everyone is a good at voxels lik eyou and some of the others here. So we take pre-existing voxels and edit them until we like what we have.

on-topic: It would look better if the pink was black and it would be better as a transport...

Also, I am waiting anxiously to see your re-make of this concept harv...
harv
done

adarius
Very, very nice..... I think this would make a good addition if Nod and GDI teamed up against a third side...(scrin maybe? O.o)
harv
told you mine would be better tongue.gif
adarius
I never said it wouldn't. Hm....maybe have it become available if Nod captures or builds a GDI tech center???
ShDwBoRn
wow, that is good!
Team Black
Harv...you're a voxelling MACHINE.
Now you've gone and got me inspired, I'm going to have to go make some more voxels of my own now..
harv
so i take it you guys like the improvements? i just wanted to make it mod Nod like, theres even a nNd logo on the wing
ShDwBoRn
yah, the improvements are excellent!
harv
want me to redo any other voxels tongue.gif
Tartan Bunny
how big is it!
Genobee
I don't really like. And tell me , is that pink?!!
Aro
1st of all, Nice bump Tiberium Bum.
2nd of all, yeah its pink i think.
3rd of all, I Like harv's version alot. biggrin.gif
Blacksilence
QUOTE (harv @ Dec 24 2006, 03:24 AM) *
done

why are your windows yellow????
vOi!king ship
Because that's harv's style tongue.gif
harv
damn right thats my style, who wants gray windows anyway tongue.gif

@nods viper: thanks but thats an older voxel, ill pm you some pics of the mod ones wink1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.