Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (*) How to make a warning klaxon
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Modding > Modding Tutorials
Aztek985
Originally posted by FKA Marauder:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give your base realistic ambiance! When an enemy comes near the base, a warning klaxon will sound until all targets are eliminated.

First, Copy & Paste this weapons tag:

CODE
[Klaxon];Give this to the ConYard... Every base has one!
Damage=1;Needed to be able to fire... Think of it as 'annoyance damage'
ROF=86;Tinker with this if you want a faster or slower klaxon
Range=20;Could also be tinkered with
Projectile=Invisible;When was the last time you SAW sound?
Speed=100;Travels at the speed of sound
AA=yes;It can detect incoming aircraft
Warhead=Siren;A custom warhead
Report=klax1;A nice warning sound

Good! Now we have to add a warhead...

CODE
[Siren]
Verses=1%,1%,1%,1%,1%
ProneDamage=1%
InfDeath=0;Probably wont kill the enemy, but just in case...

Don't forget the put it in the Warhead list!

Now put this line into the Construction Yard code, or maybe even a light tower if your feeling adventurous...

CODE
Primary=Klaxon

And that's it! Now you have a sound that either signals
a) An intruder; or
cool.gif The start of a rave

Enjoy!

-FKA Marauder
Tartan Bunny
you can just make a trigger on maps to play a sound effect on demand.
epicelite
It dose not need to do any damage you can set damage to 0 and it will still work.
Roani52
Can be... But it's better to have damage, can just make the diferance between Die, or not... Nah, don't think so...
@Tartan Bunny: That's right... Single Player, yes. But how on skirmish?!
Crimsonum
I find it more tactical when you put the warning klaxon sound to the "weapon" of the spotlight tower. It makes the tower into a good tactical add in darker maps (as it was originally intended to).
KajiTetsushi
I think I've heard of this method when I scanned through a mod once... And that was years back at Tiberium Sun.
One faulty, though: If you use this on multiple light towers, you're gonna have some noisy ruckus going on.

EDIT: Bwah! Taking part in reviving an old topic! Stupid me. Didn't check the post date. Sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.