Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pelican Dropship
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Graphics > Finished Voxels
Bittah Commander
Author: TruYuri

Made an attempt to create the Pelican. I already noticed that someone tried to create the Pelican before. I took a look at it and compared it to mine, and found things on both that I liked.

Please do not use this smilie:

I already know this. I'm in the process of getting in-game shots. Also, I cannot seem to figure out how to create a 3D view so that you don't need to download to see it. I've asked before and people have stupidly said "zomg getz teh OS Voxel Viewer here!! (worthless link)"

I've gotten it, but I still can't seem to figure it out. Anyway, enjoy.

Also, I'm afraid I must apologize for the horrible paintjob. I've tried, but to no avail. :(

Update: In-game pics.
Crimsonum
it's...green? why on earth would GDI make a green transport? huh.gif To get a 360 degree animation, open voxel viewer, open your voxel, and select tools. I think you can carry on by that.
Denmon
Thats way too small and green tongue.gif

The original pelican transport was grey and about 10 times the size of a soldier.
Team Black
It looks good in the 360 animation, but ingame it....looks like a blob.
Maybe adding some texture or something?
TruYuri
It's too late. I made this like a 2 months ago. I'm not working on it. Yes, I still have it, but yea.

EDIT: And for God's sake, why does everyone always insult me for making it green? Ever heard of a base color for building?

EDIT2: Oops. I didn't notice the date on this. My bad. Oh well. 6 days isn't too bad.
Bittah Commander
I think full-remap might look good on this though.
=NX=Firefx
Full remap are you serious?

If you just make it a little wee bigger (Stop making it look like a blob) and add texture (Make it a little exciting) it would be fine. But full remap????? :blink:
Bittah Commander
Yes, compared to the color it has right now, full remap looks much better. Making the voxel bigger and giving it a texture 'd obviously look even better.
Corsair
QUOTE (TruYuri @ Nov 14 2006, 09:03 PM) *
EDIT2: Oops. I didn't notice the date on this. My bad. Oh well. 6 days isn't too bad.

It doesn't really matter so long as it's on topic (Perhaps over 2 weeks old; My guess)

Anyway, it was kind of lazy to just pop out a voxel with no texture at all

That is the reason why people 'insult' you, no one can really give you any other constructive criticism on the voxel's texturing other than 'it sucks' because you didn't do anything
TruYuri
QUOTE (TruYuri @ Nov 14 2006, 10:03 PM) *
It's too late. I made this like a 2 months ago. I'm not working on it. Yes, I still have it, but yea.

As I said, I'm not working on it. And i released it at TumSun, and I really didn't expect to see it here.

Besides, I've been working on bigger, better, more detailed voxel projects.
Corsair
I understand that your not working on it anymore, just trying to clarify why people keep saying what they are about this voxel (For future recommendation to simply ignore it or fix it) And you've made it pretty clear you aren't going to fix it.
Team Black
I agree. Constructive criticism isn't an insult, it's a reccomendation for improvement, you can follow it or you don't have to...
just don't condemn it!
ZeroG_181
Shade it in a little. Also, the offsets look a little messed, IE the box isn't where the actual unit is.
Tore
Look at the last post date!
ZeroG_181
sh*t, did i just gravedig a whole load of threads?
Bittah Commander
Indeed. One more unnecessary bump like that and you'll get a warning.
Robo fish
ninja.gif GIGANTIC BUMP OF 1 YEAR HUrr.
Team Black
tibweb hasnt even been around for 1 year rolleyes.gif
Robo fish
2006-2007 roll.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.