Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TiberiumWebs End
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > TiberiumWeb.com > TiberiumWeb news
Ixith
To any Guests or Users who still visit here, you may have noticed recently, in the last week or so, that the site wasn't loading. It was due to the host changing the DNS settings. Someone managed to contact the DvD and it's fixed. However, the DvD brought sad but expected news that concerns why the host changed the settings and the site was unable to be accessed. Here's his quote from his post on the Project Perfect Mod Forums:

QUOTE (The DvD)
Hey guys.

I changed the settings to the ones Renegade provided and it seems to work. Now as to what caused the site to move, it could be related to the fact that I didn't renew the site's hosting plan at Siteground. They must've moved it to another location in preparation for the cancellation of the entire thing.

The reason why I didn't renew it is because, well, the site's completely dead (aside from the TS mapping and modding forums it seems, and Aro diligently updating it with TI news #Tongue).

I backed up the entire ftp a few days back but in all honestly I wasn't even planning to make any sort of statement or notification about killing off the site confused.gif I honestly didn't think anyone would still care, sorry for that. I'm very busy with studies atm and actually never give the site a moment's thought aside from when Siteground bothers me about it (which they recently did concerning the renewal of services, which I declined).

So while I'm here I may as well urge all whom it concerns to back up any exclusive stuff or move it to PPM. If anyone's interested in the backup files let me know and I could upload them. Which reminds me.. I don't think I backed up the forum database.. I think I forgot how to do that, at least I cannot for the life of me remember it right now, so if anyone would enlighten me, that'd be nice.

BTW, the hosting expires at 30th dec, if I understood Siteground correctly (which isn't always easy) that's the date they will physically delete the files from their server.

Oh, and PMing me on here is the correct way to contact me, as it'll email on an account I still use. I'm no longer admin on GameReplays because the owners are a bunch of scrubs.

So Tibweb has, most likely, until the end of this Month to exist. If you have any valued information or assets here, it is suggested to back them up before the 30th. It is also a good idea to post that stuff to another community site such as Project Perfect Mod, if it hasn't been posted elsewhere already.

I regret posting this news. But I feel it needs to be posted here despite the lack of activity, as it was coming to this. At least now there is some definite warning of when the end for Tibweb will actually be and that we have a last chance to secure any assets and information that hasn't been posted onto other sites within the C&C Modding Community.

I'd like to take the last bit of this post to say, thanks to all who made Tibweb what it was and that I had a lot of fun here with you all.
(feel free to recall and post any fond memories or moments that you have on here! [and on Tumsun for that matter])
Lin Kuei Ominae
Not unexpected, but still very sad to see this side end. crybaby.gif
I will always treasure the memory of having been a part of this side. It was a great time.
Team Black
Well, it had a good run. Gotta agree though, it was inevitable
Banshee
Is it really the end?

I do have plans to host it at PPM and I do have a backup there. But... we may no longer restore any attachment posted after this news. So, do not post attachments in your posts. They may disappear.
Nintyuk
Well It's a Sad day when the first forums You ever frequented dies, Although I haven't visited the site proper in months I've loaded the main page up every day for the last few years as its still in my Daily Sites Folder in my Bookmarks toolbar. Arrivederci Tibweb, it's memory's will with me always.
Blackhand Commando
I can't say anything but.... DAMN!!! These games were my childhood, and this site was the one which turned into a wanna-be modder!
Daroach
It is sad to see this place go. I meet good people here, and picked up some advice along the way. It was good fun, and I wish you the best of luck with your endevours.

Goodnight, sweet prince.
Banshee
It is still alive. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.