Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The tibweb thread
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Blackhand Commando
I just came back here after about 2 months, and I found the same things everywhere exept of the cnc4 section, (its cool that u still keep the site updated) , however IS THERE ANY LIVING PERSONEL ON THE FORUM?

Renamed the thread
-Team Black
Rampastring
What!? It's more active than it was 2 months ago. Although we don't have many active members, there is always some activity in the TS section, Fun Factory and in General Discussion. There's also a section for CCHyper's new EXE patch for Tiberian Sun, HyperPatch.
Blackhand Commando
yeah, I know there is a few active members. thats the matter. I have to say I meant "dead" especially to the TS section (just look at the TS graphics)

Its good to see you are one of the remaint active members
CommanderSpartan
It seems someone doesn't notice the view new posts button.
Also as for ts graphics, I'm sure most people would post their voxels and shps on PPM
due to its number of active members and the amount of the people that visit the site daily.
Blackhand Commando
LOL I see I was wrong.
The forum is still alive (somehow)

But really when I was here last time it took two days to answer my posts...
...and now I got two replies in a half hour

Altought I was wrong about the forum, the main problem still exists: Most people (even me) started to lose interest in older cnc games.
CommanderSpartan
It seems someone hasn't seen ppm,
and besides the hardcore modders and players will be here till the very end, I know I will.
2kool4u526
I'm on here every day.
Revolutionary
This fourm may not be as popular but i prefer it to PPM, this one just has a nicer feel and look to it smile.gif
Rampastring
QUOTE (Revolutionary @ Aug 14 2009, 08:47 PM) *
This fourm may not be as popular but i prefer it to PPM, this one just has a nicer feel and look to it smile.gif

Same here, I've always liked TiberiumWeb (mainly the skin, feel, and of course the members) more than PPM.

Although PPM is a lot more popular, it has about 1500 users visiting it daily (of which 1400 are guests).
Dubzac
i like it here too even though i don't post much i still like it. the feeling really gives you that C&C feeling.
jadems
I haz cheezburger here.

But, yeah, remember when I said I was going to make shps again? I still have the ideas, but haz no moar time!
time, get it?
Corsair
Yup, time is definitely a factor

College has not been kind to my time ohmy.gif
Orac
Ah, who cares about how active the forums are - Hyperpatch is here tongue.gif
Darkstorm
I perfer Tib Web over PPM just because the people here seem a little more friendly, but I am usually going over to ppm because the simple fact is that PPM has more people to help you with assuming you ask in the right way. (not that all the people there hate everyone it's just here it seems to have a more friendly atmosphere)

Anyhow I totally agree with Orac, this is now the home of Hyper's, well, Hyperpatch.
jadems
lol. And I love seeing my quote in Orac's signature XD

even if it wasn't exactly my quote... Hotel California was an awesome old school song.

Oh, I also like my post count here than anywhere else. This is my first forum!
DoomToHel
I always liked TibWeb, but, that was when it was active Daily, there were always at least 5 people on at a time, like when I joined this place in the beginning of 2007, it was really active, I guess you could say the community here was always a close tight knit community and a quite smaller community, but was active, the only reason I liked this place more than PPM and I still like it more, is because the community isn't gigantic here, here, its Quality over Quantity. I don't know, I guess sometime in 2007, I got tired of the Old CNC games, and CNC games in general and just stopped showing up here, plus I was younger and didn't know really much of anything about computers.
Nod Strike
I really need to post more. blushing.gif
jadems
I'm here twice a day!
Altzan
I only come every other day or so.
Roani52
I'm around pretty much
KingByng
I try to get on a few times a day, though I don't always post.
confactor
just a bunch of trollers here!
Rampastring
I still visit these forums multiple times a day.
Arsenal 121
I just came here for the hell of it.
Slender Mang
QUOTE (confactor @ Aug 26 2009, 11:51 AM) *
just a bunch of trollers here!

YOU SHALL NOT PASS.
DeathRay2K
It's not dead, but it's certainly very quiet... I still visit every couple days, though obviously not as often as I used to. That's pretty much because there isn't much activity; the forum's in a self-destructive cycle! wink1.gif
I have all the official press materials (screenshots, concept art, etc) for CNC4, I'll upload those ASAP, and hopefully Python will get around to putting those in a CNC4 gallery... There's nothing new in it really, but we should have it on TibWeb.
Rampastring
There are many active members but nothing to discuss roll.gif
Most modding stuff is at PPM, except for Hyperpatch which hasn't had any updates for some time.
Nyerguds
yeah...I'm usually around, but tbh, I only check the TD section tongue.gif
daTSchikinhed
I kinda feel bad, seeing as TibWeb (originally TiberiumSun.com) was my "home".

Now the vastness of PPM and Operation Iraqi Freedom IX has drawn my attention confused.gif
Nyerguds
As if PPM isn't just as dead... the entire community is dying -_-
Scorch
Not dead, not yet. As long as I'm here, the party continues! wink1.gif
snow93
QUOTE (Scorch @ Nov 5 2009, 10:25 PM) *
Not dead, not yet. As long as I'm here, the party continues! wink1.gif

Aww that's dedicated of you rolleyes.gif

(as for me, you can see how lazy I am at posting: my last visit was 22nd September (though I've been around since about 2004 so I'm allowed to be bored roll.gif ))
Rampastring
Hmm, I think I'll finish some of my WIP SP maps before Christmas just to get a little more activity here (also, I've got all the terrain detailed and leaving the maps as WIPs at that stage would be foolish).

@Nyerguds: While PPM is less active than it was for example 2 years ago, I don't see it dying anytime soon, some members who used to post here all the time have moved there... and it also has lots of people who don't post here.
I think the problem is that modders are losing interest of the older C&C's (I understand why; we already know the engine possibilities, there already are dozens of mods etc.), and the newer C&Cs aren't popular enough.
Scorch
Not too many people are focused on improving what we have.

The makers of Command and Conquer started from scratch. Absolutely nothing. More than a decade later, here we are. Westwood left behind so much... We have something here before us. Take Tiberian Sun for example. It took them years for them to make it, from nothing, and what are we doing? Not much at all. Think of it as... Clay. A small boring block of clay. With enough time and effort, we can make that clay into art.

I'm not saying no one is doing anything, there are people out there doing their best to improve upon what we have. My point is, there aren't enough people taking interest in it. At this rate, CnC will die out without even a whisper.
Rampastring
We've done a lot in the 10 years TS has been alive. However the TS engine is a bit limited (although it's really moddable when compared to other games of the same age), and we've already done pretty much everything that can be done with the engine. For example I stopped mapping because I just felt that I've had enough; after I learned mapping and detailing terrain properly it always felt repetitive to do maps, even though my maps differ a lot from eachother (except for Frozen Canyon's and City in Conflict's meteor showers).

Another reason was that not many were interested about the maps. Both had about 40 downloads in two weeks and after that the numbers never rised (right now they both have 100+, probably because someone had fun clickling the links a hundred times and raising the download count).

And like I said, the newer C&C's (TW and C&C4) don't attract enough new players.
Nyerguds
Hey, I'm doing my part for C&C95... you just don't appreciate it tongue.gif
Orac
That sig is beginning to annoy me, Nyerguds lol.gif
Advanced Guard Towers and a Hand of Nod? tongue.gif
Team Black
don't worry Nyerguds, I still love you
Nyerguds
QUOTE (Orac @ Nov 12 2009, 03:22 AM) *
That sig is beginning to annoy me, Nyerguds lol.gif
Advanced Guard Towers and a Hand of Nod? tongue.gif

I captured the HON... is that so odd?

As for the dead-ness around here... not really surprising, the site doesn't even have any news posters.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Nyerguds @ Nov 11 2009, 11:46 PM) *
Hey, I'm doing my part for C&C95... you just don't appreciate it tongue.gif

Yeah, I know, but I just don't see a reason to play C&C95 when there's DTA with proper multiplayer options, proper high-res support, support for AI in multiplayer (the most important one for me), and easily modifiable rules/ai.ini files.. and many other things tongue.gif
Nyerguds
I dunno, it doesn't feel the same as the original to me. No remake ever has.
Tore
QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Nov 12 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Yeah, I know, but I just don't see a reason to play C&C95 when there's DTA with proper multiplayer options, proper high-res support, support for AI in multiplayer (the most important one for me), and easily modifiable rules/ai.ini files.. and many other things tongue.gif

Proper multiplayer options are?

Reasons to play C&C95:
It's free
It has a campaign
It has briefings
It has MHQs
It has dino missions
It has 100% working choppers
Horizontal construction
Air strikes
No build limit on commandos
Awesomeness

Reasons to play DTA:
Proper high res support (TS)
Proper online game lobby (TS)
Easy to mod (TS)
Large maps (TS)
Good and polished TS mod
Proper AI in multiplayer (TS)
Skirmish with AI (TS)
Saving in skirmish (TS)

But... if you want it that way, whats the point of playing DTA instead of TDR?

Reasons to play TDR:
3D (ZH)
Great effects
Large maps (ZH)
Air Strikes
9 recreated campaign maps for GDI and Nod
Custom campaign
Sub factions
Skirmish with AI (ZH)
Saving skirmish (AI)
Briefing videos
Build multiple units at once (ZH)
New units (Microwave tank ftw!)
Support for all modern resolutions (ZH)

I could go on and and on with [insert game here] to C&C1 mods...

But the best one ever made is C&CDOS, nothing can beat C&CDOS..except for Dune 2... tongue.gif
Rampastring
QUOTE (Tore @ Nov 13 2009, 12:09 AM) *
Proper multiplayer options are?

Reasons to play C&C95:
It's free
It has a campaign
It has briefings
It has MHQs
It has dino missions
It has 100% working choppers
Horizontal construction
Air strikes
No build limit on commandos
Awesomeness

- It's free now but it doesn't matter as I have bought TFD 3 ½ years ago anyway
- Yea, and I've played the campaigns, but after playing the campaign it's multiplayer that keeps me interested
- Briefings.. for campaign?
- So does the latest version of DTA AFAIK (not sure, I'm playing a modified version of 1.06)
- See the campaign point
- True
- I prefer the isometric system
- True
- Well, I don't really care if there's a build limit or not, and it can be removed in 5 secs from the rules.ini
- True

For TDR..

- Generals' UI sucks, it's just too slow to use without a sidebar.. and it lacks the cool look of the C&C UI.
- The effects aren't that great.. let's compare them to Ground Control II's effects for example (which don't even cause any lag while running on my old GPU)?
- It runs slowly.. slower than Tiberium Wars even though TW's graphics are much more advanced
- For the campaign, that's why I have C&C95 AND DTA.
- I don't want to have complex subfactions etc. the 2 sides are enough.
- I don't like that players can build multiple units at once (it makes things less tactical imo), being able to queue things is enough.
- I haven't seen a modern resolution which the TS engine hasn't supported.. yet.
- Being too "modern" breaks the original feel entirely, while DTA still has.. at least a part of it.

Anyway, we're going off-topic, just had to counter those arguments roll.gif

And don't get me wrong, I love C&C95 and I've played it's campaigns, but the multiplayer doesn't have many essential things such as AI which builds bases, Short Game, Re-Deployable MCV etc. By multiplayer options I mean those.
Tore
Isometric system? What isometric system? TS is not isometric

Bases in DTA looks weird, they look scattered, the WF and Tib refineries are also facing the wrong way (TS engine limitation I know, they are great mirrors though.)

And I agree GC2 effects are awesome, never seen such great effects in a RTT game!

As for Tiberian Dawn Redux, I'm playing the latest staff beta version which is a lot better than 1.2 better graphics, better UI and some other stuff. wink1.gif

As for the sub factions, 2 sub factions aren't really that complex...and if I remember correctly Bittah is adding sub factions into DTA.

And don't get me wrong, I love C&C95 and I've played it's campaigns, but the multiplayer doesn't have many essential things such as AI which builds bases, Short Game, Re-Deployable MCV etc. By multiplayer options I mean those.

C&C95 have had redeployable MCVs since 2007 and I don't like short game especially if crates are on. biggrin.gif

Anyway, we're going off-topic, just had to counter those arguments

I had to counter the counter arguments >_<
Nyerguds
I should really build redeployable MCV and a number of players selector into the Network game UI... problem is transferring the options to the other players.
Slender Mang
Welp, I have massive nostalgia so I decided to vist but no one is around down.gif

How I remember the old days, I'd vist everyday and it'd be like coming home.
gufu
I agree. Those were good times here. There just isn't much to the community, any more.
Nyerguds
Pah, it's that attitude that keeps this place dead. People should just visit it regularly instead of just when they got massive nostalgia.
Team Black
I still visit it frequently, just post less. But that's probably due to to me being a lazy arse and not working on mods like I should ..
jadems
lol, same here!

Though I am currently working with Battlefield 2and trying to get around those pesky .ini's
Doesn't stop me from watching the CnC FMV's over and over again XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.