Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for fixed Missile Silo icon for Red Alert
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Dawn > TD Discussion
ma1kel
OpenRA still uses the misspelled one that ships with Red Alert, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me to a correctly spelled version. I know this isn't the subforum for Red Alert.
Lin Kuei Ominae
I'm not sure if there exists such a SHP (since i use german RA i also didn't know the cameo had an error)

But you can very easy fix that yourself. Just open the cameo SHP with OS SHP Builder and edit the text. This shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.
Crimsonum
Lin, the text is not in a seperate layer or anything, you would have to edit the SHP image itself. The typo is in the word Missile, which is spelled Missle. You would have to remove the first four letters, photoshop the blank spots, and then re-add the letters. Okay, it may be simple, but if there's already a fixed version, why bother?
Nyerguds
Last I checked, OS SHP totally destroyed TD type SHPS when saving em... better to just go with the XCC -> convert to PNG way.
ma1kel
My apologies but I don't have the skill to fix it, I remember there being a page or topic about it, a render that was used in the original camo was edited to be used in the fixed one and then the text was overlayed. I honestly have no idea where to find this fixed icon though. confused.gif
Crimsonum
Made this in less than five minutes tongue.gif

Note the correct filename is msloicon.

ma1kel
Thanks a lot.
Nyerguds
The palette is destroyed though. You need it on the RA 256-colour palette. Like this:
Click to view attachment

The SHP file:
Click to view attachment
Crimsonum
Oh. No wonder why it turned into a mess when I tried to convert it. Thanks.
Nyerguds
PROTIP: MS Paint can't save 256-colour PNG tongue.gif
Crimsonum
I never used MSPaint ohmy.gif mad.gif
Nyerguds
well, whatever you used, it increased the colour depth, making the file completely unsuitable for conversion to SHP tongue.gif
Bittah Commander
QUOTE (Nyerguds @ Sep 14 2010, 08:39 AM) *
PROTIP: MS Paint can't save 256-colour PNG tongue.gif

Yes it can. I've used MS Paint to edit SHPs that have been converted to PNG for ages; when MS Paint resaves the PNG, the color depth won't be increased wink1.gif
Crimsonum
I used OS SHP builder of course. There must've been something wrong with the saving settings then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.