Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP TouchDown Jesus
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Ixith
welp this happened after the storms and to me it's just too good to not post...soooo
as some...or probably none..of you know...not too awfully far from me, just north of Cincinnati, Ohio, existed a GIANT Jesus statue...supposedly 62ft/19meters tall...

it is often referred to as Big Butter Jesus or also as Touchdown Jesus for reasons being that A) it kinda looks like it's made out of butter and B)It's hands are extended as if it is celebrating a touchdown in a way....

but the storms last night ended TouchDown Jesus' life...lightning struck it down...

why that church had a giant Jesus statue is beyond me since especially since there is the whole 'no graven images' thing....but yea...it got struck down...and i personally find it a bit ironic...

and for some pics and a fun song about the statue....
Youtube Video/Slideshow and Song about Big Butter Jesus
OmegaBolt
For one the existance of Jesus is questionable and two he didnt start the most popular religion, people around him did. Perhaps he started war for the next 2000 years.

Either way it is sad, as it looked like a pretty cool monument. BTW it looks more like lard than butter, but maybe thats where America gets mixed up... would explain a lot. tongue.gif
Aztek985
Is that the one off I-75? I think I know which one your talking about, it always caught my eye.
Ixith
QUOTE (Python @ Jun 20 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Is that the one off I-75? I think I know which one your talking about, it always caught my eye.

indeed it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.