Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Domination Tour?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Apache
Just like to know, anybody still play TS online or World Domination Tour? smile.gif
Orac
AFAIK, the WDT can no longer be played, because the server doesn't exist anymore.
SeekSomethingNew
You cant play World Domination Tour online, have not been able since about 2003. XWIS is the server for TS/FS and the WDT game modes, but XWIS does not have the files required for WDT to work, thus it cant work.
godly-cheese
What exactly is World Domination Tour? I've seen it before but I have never played it.
Revolutionary
I think, it was you picked a team (GDI or Nod) and selected an area to attack (like in single player) you then played the map vs the other defending or attacking player and the winner of the game claimed that teretory. (and of course the overall winning team was the one which held either all or most of the map. (i might be wronge about the winning part)
SeekSomethingNew
World Domination was a kinda fixed online tournament ladder, where you chose your side and tryed working your way up the top by win as many games as possible. It had a graphic interface where you would select a region and the server would auto-match you agaisnt someone, aswell as the scenario being sent to you from the sever, and if i remember correctly, the scenarios where Westwood made or used the RMG.

I think you could also parse clans up the ladder too, so a group as a whole could win it.
godly-cheese
Wow, it actually sounds pretty cool. Too bad I never got to play it. tongue.gif
ORCACommander
QUOTE (CCHyper @ Jun 2 2010, 09:11 AM) *
World Domination was a kinda fixed online tournament ladder, where you chose your side and tryed working your way up the top by win as many games as possible. It had a graphic interface where you would select a region and the server would auto-match you agaisnt someone, aswell as the scenario being sent to you from the sever, and if i remember correctly, the scenarios where Westwood made or used the RMG.

I think you could also parse clans up the ladder too, so a group as a whole could win it.

judging from the map files the map was rmged with some extra parameters and played out like a normal multilayer skirmish.
Devastator
I joined in 2003, and I was there till WDT died.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.