Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C&C Generals & Zero Hour
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Devastator
What do you think of Generals including Zero Hour?

I would say it's good, and favorite by EA.
My favorite side is USA. I do best with them, they gots the best aircraft.

Also the Tomahawk, Paladin & Crusader.
All together they pwn the Overlords! biggrin.gif

EDIT:Updated the list so you can also choose subfactions.
For sub I pick USA Laser.

Apparently the USA brutal enemies build like 15 or more Laser Tanks. They always pawn the China and GLA. (Even WW or EA's AI can be tough against one another)
The DvD
I think they're some of the best RTS games ever made. And I'm talking purely about the online experience. There are so many different strategies, the control interface feels tight and the units are responsive, and micro actually matters and determines the outcome of the game in a big way (instead of just winning by outproducing your opponent or spamming counterunits.

I like playing with china armies the most as they're considered underpowered because of having no 'lame' units. You really need to mix units to win. Basically they require the most skill.
Crimsonum
Exactly what DvD said, Generals and Zero Hour are the best RTS games I have played, because they offer so many tactics and haven't lost the importance of micro-managing.

I like playing with china armies the most as they're considered underpowered because of having no 'lame' units. You really need to mix units to win. Basically they require the most skill.

China's biggest weakness is their lack of fast units. In early game, a pack of humvees or technicals with troops inside can easily circle around the few gattling tanks you have managed to pump out, leaving you helpless.

What I dislike about these games however are the multiple cheats people use online. For example, some don't respect the rules set by the host at all (for example alpha auroras are simply overpowered, and no one wants them in their game. Though I agree that some of the rules are a bit cowardly and lame, for example the limit for humvees and battle busses), others use map hack or the scud bug.

I mostly play online with random, but my favourites are China's Infantry General, GLA's Stealth General, and USA's Airforce General. I guess I like Kassad the most smile.gif
Roani52
GLA Demolition is my fav tongue.gif
And then attack with a bunch of quad cannons ^^
ORCACommander
I am a singleplayer person mostly so i thought zh was crappy except for mods
ma1kel
I used to play Zero Hour for months, mostly Skirmish with the Shockwave mod. It's a terribly strategic game, my favorite side being the GLA. Terrorists and Technicals are just fantastic. The campaign however was short and very easy, even on Brutal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.