Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CNC's most useless units ever...
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Daroach
Just found this while going through youtube.

Prt 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3_GgerMmJM

Prt 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U9pPU-RLhc...=1&index=13

EDIT: my opinions: 1-Thats why there called anti-tank infrantry.
2-Great scout and can slow down army production.
3-There great at taking out infrantry...
4-Your doin' it wrong...
5-Strike then steal from behind.
Revolutionary
1.Yuri Brute (RA2)
Good AT units other than that they suck

2.Limpet Drone (FS)
good scouts (more so for nod imo) and the limpit part comes in hands when trying to find bases when the enemy has harvesters/weedeaters

3.Jumpjet Troopers (TS)
Personaly i like this guy its just people dont like micro managment, same for firestorm walls but against a cyborg reaper its the worsts unit possible

4.Medic (RA)
a medics a medic

5.Thief (RA)
i dont build cause i cant stand the graphics imo thief and spy should be the same unit like in RA2
OmegaBolt
IMO the Limpet Drone is more of a singleplayer unit. It's too ideal in its purpose and pretty useless in multiplayer. Quite a cool unit though... at least used well in the "kill Tratos" mission.
Revolutionary
yea it was, i still think its a good nice unit but in many ways it would be good to beable to switch between being a limpit drone and a mine, limpit drones are only any good if the unit you want to follow is going somewhere and 9 times out of 10 in multiplayer you want to see the enemys base not the unit that picked it up continue towards your own base.
Rampastring
1. I always found them useless, although they dealt damage with the Genetic mutator superweapon (argh, I hated the superweapons).

2. Works well against the AI, but is useless against human players (since they can be removed by repairing the vehicles).

3. I found the base TS jumpjet infantries too expensive compared to the SAMs which could easily kill multiple jumpjet infantries.

4. Infantry units have low health in RA1 (and in TD), so the medic is quite useless. However in TS the medic is really useful, especially if you use jumpjet infantries.

5. I've never used it, so I don't know how useful it is.
Team Black
I've seen these before, they're miserably done - except for Nyergud's super technician
Aro
The guys a f*cking idiot. He uses every f*cking unit wrong, obviously they're going to be useless. Why would you send a Brute at a horde of GI's, a single medic with a group of soldiers with bullets everywhere. Who the f*ck walks a theif right into a defended base and why did he put it in the APC first knowing it would exit first. Jumpjet troopers are only good for scouting in all fairness, they're not that good at much else unless you're attacking infantry while flying. As for the Limpet Drone, nobody buys them for a reason.
Team Black
Limpets I've used every now and then, mostly in skirmishes.. That was obviously before I hated skirmish mode.
Daroach
Though I manly play TS and other stuff, I've played RA1/2 and I always put a medic with a group in an APC, and then another with the spy/thief drives behind the attackers and steal everything.

That is a strategy... (unlike just running at a turret and trying [or failing] to get through)
OmegaBolt
Uhh, I don't think its meant to be taken seriously.
Crimsonum
What Bolt said. Guys, the videos are just for fun. They gave me a few good smiles when I saw them first time. Obviously you can make any unit useless if you use it wrong.

But to be honest, every one of these units (well, maybe excluding Brute) has some big flaws. Jump Jet Infantry were too slow, so you couldn't evade if you accidently ran into a pair of SAMs. They were good in some missions, but the fool who uses them in multiplayer (except for early scouting) is doomed to loose the game. Limpet Drone is a rather interesting unit, too bad you can't spy a human Nod player base by attaching them to Harvesters the way you would in skirmish (the Nod player can just send a repair drone to repair the harvester). RA medic is useless because of its tiny range. I'm often frustrated when it can't even heal a group of slow moving rocket troopers because it has to be right next to the patient. Thiefs are just too hard to get to the refinery or silo, and a single rifle soldier can kill them in one or two shots.
Devastator
Yeah I remember these. Good job avenging your bro Mr. Super Technician.
Roani52
The jumpjet infantry can be quite helpful, especially for scouting in early stages of the game, since people dont have sams yet
Devastator
Reapers wouldn't get killed from jumpjets if it was in tiberium.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Roani52 @ Apr 4 2010, 01:37 AM) *
The jumpjet infantry can be quite helpful, especially for scouting in early stages of the game, since people dont have sams yet

Both SAMs and the jumpjet require a radar, so when you have jumpjets the enemy may already have SAMs (except if you rush to the radar.. but even then the enemy could have got a hover as a starting unit, or if the enemy is Nod he can build rocket infantry).
Team Black
Jumpjets can avoid SAM missiles if they fly away from the SAM launcher, the missiles will hit the ground. That's what I do online.
They're excellent for scouting, or for making annoyances against your army like attacking their harvesters - they'll spend money on mobile A units like rockets or hmlrs to deal with your pathetic jumpjet, just to shut EVA up about their harvester being under attack - early in the game, this can get you an edge over them
Devastator
You obviously don't fight the AI much ^Rampastein.
They can just build...
Well in TS you can build a tech center, lose it, but still have the tech from it. Same with AI.
In RA2 you can build a battle lab, lose it, but not have the tech from it. AI still has the tech.
Rampastring
Actually I've played a lot against my own, much tougher AI, and I noticed that in base TS you can just build a jumpjet infantry, shoot an AI's attacking taskforce with it and fly away. Since the jumpjet is an infantry unit and the AI doesn't understand that it can fly, the units try to shoot back while they can't and will just follow the jumpjet as long as it flies instead of attacking your base.

Of course, when I had enough jumpjets and some medics I could just destroy all of the AI's attacking forces without losing anything.

To fix this I've added either hovers or rocket infantries or reapers to almost all AI's taskforces, so I can't use jumpjets like that anymore.

Also, the AI doesn't care about building prerequisites. For example, it can build disruptors even if it would have never had a tech center.
Revolutionary
Offtopic Random-ness based on ^Rampastein post, anyone ever tryed to make a jumpjet medic blink.gif
Crimsonum
= ANGEL!
Devastator
Jumpjet Medic?
Thats not possible because it can't heal in air.

Jumpjet Grenadier i've tried.
Jumpjet Commando i've tried.
Jumpjet Railgun Infantry i've tried.

They all work fine.
Corsair
QUOTE (Devestator @ Apr 5 2010, 05:00 PM) *
Jumpjet Medic?
Thats not possible because it can't heal in air.

Even if it could only heal when it landed then it would still be something.
Devastator
Could you give it an in-the-air secondary weapon?
Aro
That's actually a really good idea.
Crimsonum
Jump-jet Engineers! lol.gif
Revolutionary
QUOTE (Crimsonum @ Apr 9 2010, 12:17 PM) *
Jump-jet Engineers! lol.gif

dont work, i just tryed tongue.gif neither does the hijacker, when ordered to enter any thing they take off the land beside it, never entering it

medic still works but cant heal in the air so it could be possible if given a aa weapon for him/her to heal other units in the air
Crimsonum
Are you sure the medic's just unable to heal because the range is too small (cannot reach from above)? Might be a stupid suggestion but you might never know...
Tore
QUOTE (Aro @ Apr 3 2010, 02:45 AM) *
The guys a f*cking idiot. He uses every f*cking unit wrong, obviously they're going to be useless.

The video is meant to be funny not informative just like every video HeXetic has made. and the video is far from new, afaik it was posted on PCNC in 2006.
Aro
Yeah, as everyone else in the thread has already stated. roll.gif
Orac
QUOTE (Revolutionary @ Apr 10 2010, 01:51 AM) *
medic still works but cant heal in the air so it could be possible if given a aa weapon for him/her to heal other units in the air

Really big hypodermic syringe? tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.