Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our Screen Names?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Devastator
I made a similar topic "We Are All Known For Something"

NOT user names, the SCREEN name.

I'll start.

I got my name Devestator from a unit in one of my mods. The Devestator MLRS.

Tell that or that you made up your name out of nowhere.

jadems
I made my name jadems in primary school and it just... stuck.
it's become an occasional nickname for me in real life XP
Roani52
Well, once I liked some DJ, whos name is Tijs Verwest, better known as DJ Tiësto.
and well TIjs verwEST => TIEST, and that o came out of nowhere I guess tongue.gif

And I did the same thing with my name, ROb bootsmAN and the i came out of nowhere, making Roani...
That was like... 7 years ago?

Then the time came that I had to use it for something, TS online ^^
Made account name 'Roani' and failed at some point, when I tried to log in it said incorrect password, but I never had to specify any (well, probably I had to, but in my memory there wasn't such an option). So I tried to make a new account, name 'Roani'. Yeah, of course that one was in use rolleyes.gif
Solution? *Numlock on* *slam keyboard* "ah, 52, that'll do"

And so it became Roani52 smile.gif

And now 52 is my favorite number, there are a lot of things around with 52...
For example:
-52 weeks in a year (sometimes 53, but that are faggotish years)
-52 cards in a set of playcards without jokers
-52 characters in the alphabet upper and lowercase
-Coordinates of the Netherlands are usually 52NB
-Only 1 time in southpark they say the exact amount of times Kenny died, which was in ep. 6 of season 4, Kenny was born for the 52nd time
-Maximum readspeed of CDs is 52x
-William Shakespeare died at an age of EXACTLY 52 years, since he died on his birthday
-I was born 52 years after the beginning of WWII
-The nearest bus from my home was bus 52, which could bring me straight away to school. Too bad that line's gone now

And Roani became also some sort of IRL nick. A friend of me calls me always Roani, and my girlfriend calls my, ehmm... figure out yourself what bodypart, the 'little Roani'.

And jesus christ, this post is getting too big XD
Well, I'll just add some more lines here. Maybe because of this it looks more interesting.
I wonder why you're still reading this.

Ah well...
Crimsonum
What's a screen name?

Anyway, Crimsonum...well, it's based on the ancient writings of Qur' Al Barün, where the All-mighty God Cehrim, His brethren semi-gods So and Nu are depicted banishing the evil Ah-ro to the burning depths of underworld ninja.gif Unfortunatelly the number of the forces of Ah-ro grew, leading to a twisted insurrection between the immortals. The outcome of the battle is yet to be seen, as a vital page is missing.
Rampastring
Don't know for sure, my big brother invented this name some 5 years ago when we got an internet connection, and I've been using it since for all forums and games.

The german band "Rammstein" most likely had something to do with it since my brother listened it all the time then.. and although I've been asked many times about my name's relation to Rammstein (I once got a PM about it even here in Tibweb), I don't think that it's related to the band (I haven't listened to it for about 5 years and IMO bands like Sonata Arctica and Nightwish are much better).

I use the name because it sounds nice, is simple enough and I like the meaning when translated to Finnish in a special way (Rampa is a finnish word and means "crippled", "stein" is german and means "stone" -- A crippled stone).

Some of my friends call me with the name sometimes, although rarely.
MT.
I got it from my name. No points for creativity there, I guess tongue.gif
Ixith
QUOTE (Crimsonum @ Mar 24 2010, 02:14 PM) *
What's a screen name?

Anyway, Crimsonum...well, it's based on the ancient writings of Qur' Al Barün, where the All-mighty God Cehrim, His brethren semi-gods So and Nu are depicted banishing the evil Ah-ro to the burning depths of underworld ninja.gif Unfortunatelly the number of the forces of Ah-ro grew, leading to a twisted insurrection between the immortals. The outcome of the battle is yet to be seen, as a vital page is missing.

i lawled.... did Ah-ro like to use the phrase:
OH NO HE DIDN'!!
cause that would be lawlzy.

anyways...Ixith comes from one of many names i have made up in the last many years. And was somewhat inspired by the Aeon name of Ixion from FFX but only in the starting it with an Ix sound. But the names came along around my freshman year in highschool and if I ever get around to writing I will eventually write out a larger plot story thing that includes all of the names i've come up with which includes some of my map names. (So names like Ixith, Zalstis, Esvia, Leviasc, Asvetia, Holixe, Istelv and so on and so forth.)
Although it has come to my attention that there is a game out there now that has a planet in it called Ixith, never played it though.

However, while i am known as Ixith here I also commonly use the name Zalstis on various other games and am known by that in many a places. I did half-assingly one time use the name Zalstis here but Ixith had already stuck so well. How I came up with the name Zalstis exactly I don't really know...

Also...the use of 'screen-name' to generally be used to describe someone's online identity probably got popular, at least in the US, through the AOL Internet Service Provider program as it called your Log-in name/email/IM name as your "screen name"
Devastator
According to TibWeb, Ixith could mean "amazing mapper"
Team Black
pfft "amazing mapper" tongue.gif

Team Black is a song by, one of my favorite bands Project 86, and it's also the name of their street team. I figured I could get away with it, since they're not that popular, and I really stink at coming up with names. I mean, "Siege City"? lolz roll.gif

Once I tried to transition my screen name into something more original like "Captain Black" or "Blackster" or even "Team Lime" but people liked 'Team Black' better, so I guess I'm stuck with it
Corsair
I used to go by Kaze, which I ripped off the end of Kamikaze, when I played games back in Middle School. I was called Kaze here and there by people in real life (I even had my parking spot in High School tagged with Kaze on it as a joke lol.gif ) but I got a little bored of using Kaze, especially once I was told what it meant in Japanese, and then I switched to Corsair. Now that I think about it that was a little funny how that turned out. I used Kaze off the end of Kamikaze, japanese suicide bombers in WWII, and switched my screen name to Corsair, which was an American fighter plane that shot down those Kamikaze planes lol.gif

It was totally unintentional, hahah.

The latest screen name I go by is Corsair01R on Battlefield 2 and xboxLive and various other recent games.
MT.
QUOTE (Devestator @ Mar 24 2010, 05:05 PM) *
@MT:I guess not and BTW you seem to be posting in all my topics which is good if you want more posts.

Lol, well, I haven't really noticed, it's just you happen to be making lots of new threads lately. But no, I don't care about posts or anything (at least not anymore) tongue.gif
Crimsonum
i lawled.... did Ah-ro like to use the phrase:

Finally someone decyphered the post biggrin.gif

I've used multiple user-/screen-/nicknames since I joined the community 5 years ago. These include lame ones with no creativity like Yuri's 2000. clone, Yuri05, Yuri06, Yurio07, Yuri08 (see the pattern?), and then ones like WorManiac (refers to the Worms series) and Pyrotech (err...okay, this one's just lame. I still have it on Petroglyph and can't change it cry.gif). Finally I'm known as Crimsonum or Grimson, both ones I like most.
Roani52
QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Mar 24 2010, 08:28 PM) *
... and IMO bands like Sonata Arctica and Nightwish are much better...

Ah, nightwish, sweet ^^ I'm not familiar with Sonata Arctica...

QUOTE (Corsair @ Mar 25 2010, 02:03 AM) *
I used to go by Kaze, which I ripped off the end of Kamikaze...

Funfact: Kaze is japanese for wind, or for cold (catching a cold 'kaze o hikimasu')
Crimsonum
And weren't Kami some sort of spirits? Can't bother to check...
jadems
lol, yeah, it's my nickname with my close group and online people i guess.

And I lol'd at how each of us got their user name/screen name.
What is the difference anyway? Or did I miss that?
Rampastring
QUOTE (Crimsonum @ Mar 25 2010, 01:45 PM) *

A friend of mine told me that it means "a god" or God (he also told me that kamikaze = wind of gods).

There have been some times when I've wanted to be unrecognizable in some games and other things and then I've just taken some random name from the TS rules.ini (like SonicZap or some random unit name).
Tore
My name is my real name! Yes, best imagination ever!
Crimsonum
Tore sounds like Thor to me tongue.gif
The DvD
Since my initials are the same as the acronym for those shiny slices of plastic, it was the obvious choice.
Devastator
Tore, Thor?
Tore does sound like it could be an actual name.
Corsair
QUOTE (Roani52 @ Mar 25 2010, 05:47 AM) *
Funfact: Kaze is japanese for wind, or for cold (catching a cold 'kaze o hikimasu')

Yea... that's sort of why I chose to change my alias from Kaze to Corsair because everyone has to point out what Kaze means tongue.gif

QUOTE (Crimsonum @ Mar 25 2010, 07:45 AM) *

Kamikaze means "Divine Wind".
Scorch
I had originally intended for my name to be Scorched Earth, after the policy practiced by Union general Grant during the American Civil War, and by retreating Russians during WWII.

The name was taken I suppose, and so I was forced to take something else. I chose Scorch. Not so much as the policy, but the act of scorching the Earth. Hence, Scorch.
Aro
Aro is my real life nickname. Everyone has called me Aro since Year 5 of primary school (I was about 10 then). A. R. O. Are my Intials, which is where the nickname came from. Aro isn't my birth name, but it may as well be.

QUOTE (Crimsonum @ Mar 24 2010, 06:14 PM) *
What's a screen name?

OH NO HE DIDN'!!
SeekSomethingNew
Shameless plug!

RA2Hyper is what i used to play with online back in the good'ol days when WOL was around. The it became TSHyper, then CCHyper to generalize it.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Crimsonum @ Mar 24 2010, 08:14 PM) *
Anyway, Crimsonum...well, it's based on the ancient writings of Qur' Al Barün..

Ha, I never noticed the meaning before reading Aro's post.
Ixith
QUOTE (Aro @ Mar 26 2010, 02:53 AM) *
OH NO HE DIDN'!!

OH YES HE DID!! roll.gif
Crimsonum
Desalator and Devestator? There are no such things in the English language. A typo in one's user name, now that's something tongue.gif
Tore
QUOTE (Devestator @ Mar 25 2010, 11:00 PM) *
Tore, Thor?
Tore does sound like it could be an actual name.

Sounds like? It is my name. "Tore" is a popular Norwegian name.

It means something among Thunder and Thunder giant.

It's very similar to these names:
- Thor
- Tor
- Thore
- Tora
Roani52
QUOTE (The DvD @ Mar 25 2010, 09:30 PM) *
Since my initials are the same as the acronym for those shiny slices of plastic, it was the obvious choice.

QUOTE (Devestator @ Mar 25 2010, 11:00 PM) *
I'm not gonna guess DvD's initials but I have an idea... lol.gif

Diederick van D.

QUOTE (Aro @ Mar 26 2010, 07:53 AM) *
A. R. O. Are my Intials, which is where the nickname came from.

QUOTE (Devestator @ Mar 26 2010, 10:06 PM) *
@Aro:I could expect Aro to be a real nickname for someone like you.

Devestator, what do you mean with that?
And Aro, nobody calls you Andrew huh? Maybe from now I will start doing that, just to annoy you tongue.gif
Devastator
I don't remember typing what I said about Aro, but if I did it wasn't in a bad way.
Orac
Orac is a little box which can interface with any and all computers. It dislikes illogic and silly people, and tends to ignore them.

...Tore is an awesome name though. Norwegians get all the best ones tongue.gif
Devastator
A couple years ago when I first saw you, I thought it was just for spelling orca as orac.
OmegaBolt
Well, originally it was just "Bolt" and then someone convinced me to put Omega on the front. Bolt came from Bolter, which I used once when Boltgun (WH40k) was taken.
ORCACommander
*posts from beyond the grave*

Well tumsun was the first the first online community i joined way back in the day and at first I wanted to make my online alias something based on the tiberian fiend but in the end I setled on ORCACommander because the orca fighter fighter was my favorite unit not exactly where i took commander from. It is bloodreign now because dats made me an awesome sig and said he wouldn't give it to me unless I changed my name to something more noddish
Altzan
Mine was meant to be the name of a character in a fiction short story I planned on writing. I never got around to it but once I started registering on forums and such, I remembered the name and started using it!

When I was trying to make up the name, the 'alt' part came from the keyboard key and 'zan' just followed it out of my imagination tongue.gif
Crimsonum
It is bloodreign now because dats made me an awesome sig and said he wouldn't give it to me unless I changed my name to something more noddish

Really? lol.gif Up to this day I thought Bloodreign and ORCACommander were two different persons tongue.gif
Roani52
QUOTE (BloodReign @ Mar 28 2010, 09:07 PM) *
*posts from beyond the grave*
Holy sh!t, havent seen you around in ages... Well... here at least, I believe we have a conversation at MSN a few times a week tongue.gif

QUOTE (Crimsonum @ Mar 29 2010, 03:24 PM) *
Really? lol.gif Up to this day I thought Bloodreign and ORCACommander were two different persons tongue.gif
lol.gif
Rampastring
QUOTE (Crimsonum @ Mar 29 2010, 04:24 PM) *

Same here tongue.gif
Devastator
I knew they were the same because I went to the topic "Welome New Members" and Bloodreign's coding had Name=ORCACommander.
ORCACommander
QUOTE (Devestator @ Mar 29 2010, 05:00 PM) *
I knew they were the same because I went to the topic "Welome New Members" and Bloodreign's coding had Name=ORCACommander.

OH GOD that topic still exists!!! * runs off to hack the mysql database to destroy it*
SMIFFGIG
Mine is an abbreviated version of SMIFF-GIGGANY
jadems
Okay, SMIFFGIG, now explain SMIFF-GIGGANY XD
Crimsonum
It's self-explanatory tongue.gif
SeekSomethingNew
No its not, really...
Roani52
his name is Giggany?
OmegaBolt
I've never heard of it... tongue.gif
Aro
QUOTE (Roani52 @ Mar 30 2010, 09:33 PM) *
his name is Giggany?

rofl.gif
Roani52
Dunno, it was just some guess tongue.gif
Crimsonum
I didn't know Smiff was into Civilization ohmy.gif
Rampastring
I also found the name from some Civ fansites but I still don't know what the name means.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.