Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tiberian Sun Windows 7 lag
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
zijin_cheng
I have a P7350 2.0ghz, 3gb ram and a 9600m gt with windows 7 32-bit. I have some major lag whenever playing tiberian sun. how do i get rid of that? I've tried running it in compat mode for windows 98, xp, xp sp2, xp sp3.... nothing. lag still comes. tried copying ddraw.dll, no help as well. anyone?
Rampastring
Is the game slow overally or does the game lag only when you build something cheap (like pavement, light infantries, component towers etc.)?
zijin_cheng
QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Mar 6 2010, 03:54 PM) *
Is the game slow overally or does the game lag only when you build something cheap (like pavement, light infantries, component towers etc.)?

it is slow overall, i'm playing on gameplay speed 6 and after building the refinery and power plant it becomes laggy.
Rampastring
Well, since you can't turn DirectDraw acceleration off in Windows 7 I don't really know how this could be resolved.

Although gameplay speed 6 should be way too fast for playing the game.. I have about 300 FPS in the start if I play with speed on 6, while playing with speed on 5 limits the FPS to 60 (which I think is ideal for playing TS).

Do you have Visual Details on Low? You could also try shutting down any processes running in the background.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.