Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Graveyard (2-6)
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Hosted Projects > Twisted Insurrection > Maps
Aro

The Graveyard: Years of brawling have left this region scarred for life. Tons of debris, drone and cyborg corpses litter the area from past battles and even to this day, forces still fight for the land and the many tiberium patches.

(Click to view map in actual size)

Map made by Aro!
Orac
There's something odd about the placement of trees so close to Tiberium. I always thought that the Tib had a dangerous effect on trees, killing or mutating them, so it looks strange to me that they are so close (and practically inside) some of the Tiberium patches.

Past that it looks like a map suited to players who enjoy rushing at the enemy or hiding with stealth tanks in such a way that the opponent will never find them across the vast plains, and with far too few cliffs imo.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Orac @ Dec 20 2009, 10:39 AM) *
Past that it looks like a map suited to players who enjoy rushing at the enemy or hiding with stealth tanks in such a way that the opponent will never find them across the vast plains, and with far too few cliffs imo.

It has no cliffs.

However in my opinion it's nice to have some maps with an open layout where movement isn't restricted by cliffs.
I think the tree placement is ok, the only problem I have with them is that it's difficult for my eyes to seperate them from eachother and the terrain (same colors everywhere, although it could be by design). I like the other parts of TI's terrain though.
Aro
The brown trees are the dead tree set in TI, if you look at pretty much all of TI's maps you'll see that these are the only trees placed close to the tiberium if there are any trees there at all. Also yes, this map has no cliffs at all, I thought it would be a nice change from the typical layout restrictions, I may even do a few more like this.
Orac
Alrighty then, the real question then is "How does it play?"

@^Rampastein: Yeah, that was what I was driving at tongue.gif
Aro
Whoops, missed your last post. Anyway, the AI is a beast on this map and works really well online for either Team games or Free for all matches, though the only free for all game me and some of the lads had on this map resulted in a Reconnection error before we could finish (Dudeinabox!!).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.