Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Animations
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Hosted Projects > Twisted Insurrection > Miscellaneous
Aro
In this thread I shall post all new animations in Twisted Insurrection.
Again, some of the images are fairly dated but they're only shown if the selected animation is used in the mod.

These are some special new animations and abilities added into Twisted Insurrection.
This one is new logic discovered by Lin Kuei Ominae (Info will not be released how it's done yet), it is how structures can now catch fire from flamable and explosive weaponry.

Please note that the damage will occur far, far slower in-game.

We're testing the cloud effects in TI. Results are great other than a tiny setback which is corrupted colors on the building selection boxes (which is being looked into for a fix). Here it is anyway, donated to us by Mig Eater, this was for testing only and the brighter parts will more than likely be removed in a final version.

And here is another rain animation test which was put together by daTS.

The DvD
Is there any info on the technical aspect of the cloud and rain effects? That second to last screen is amazing..
Aro
It's done with Negative alpha images, have a look at this thread.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Aro @ Dec 23 2009, 03:04 AM) *
It's done with Negative alpha images, have a look at this thread.

The explosions are great, so is the rain.

I'm not sure what to think of the clouds, it makes the terrain lighting a bit random (which looks nice) but the clouds won't move if they're done with alphaimages.

Do these effects cause any slowdowns?
Aro
Nope, no lag what-so-ever is caused by these effects. Remember that the cloud effect is in testing phases, that particular alpha image isn't final but we're definitely going to include one in the TI release cause it makes terrain look a lot more varied.
The DvD
Ah yes, custom alpha images "FTW" wink1.gif

Now we just need colourshaded buildings/units and we've got ourselves C&C 2009 smile.gif
Aro
QUOTE (The DvD @ Dec 23 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Ah yes, custom alpha images "FTW" wink1.gif

Now we just need colourshaded buildings/units and we've got ourselves C&C 2009 smile.gif

Haha, combined we can do it, sir. tongue.gif
The DvD
You guys really need a bigger Mammoth Mk. II though!
Aro
Well it's still yet to be replaced, WIP's of it have popped up yet SDKH seems to come and go a lot, sadly.

Blackhand Commando
the rain effect is amazing! you have really got to tell us hov did u made that!
2kool4u526
lol aro, i saved that M.MK.II pic as "Win" cause nothing will EVER be better than that pic. Ever.
Anyway, it is a very nice pic and can't wait to see it ingame.
Team Black
DVD weren't you the first to find out about custom Alpha images?
The DvD
I think so, but i never really did much with it. I wanted to have 4 lightbeams on the corners of the Nod Pyramid, but never finished that. I'm notorious for starting things (LOTS of things..) but never finishing them tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.