Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temple of Nod
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Hosted Projects > Twisted Insurrection > Nod > Structures
Aro

Temple of Nod (Cost : 2000) : The Temple of Nod is an architectonic wonder, a monolithic structure that enemies fear. It functions as a high-class technology research center, providing plans and equipment needed for highly powered and technologically advanced units and structures. The Temple itself is heavily armored, capable of withstanding an immense amount of damage. The structure also has a secondary function; it houses a superweapon known as the Apocalypse Missile. Like the name suggests, it can level entire battlefields with one strike.

Requires: Technology Center
Superweapon: Apocalypse Missile.

Temple Animations in Dark Enviroments:

Temple Build-up:

Launching Animation:

Impact Animation, please excuse the placeholder animations:

Aro
Launching Animation:

Devastator
Its a cool anim. Kind of reminds me of the RA2/YR Nuclear Missle launch anim.
However, I've wanted to know, what kind of missile is the Apocalypse Missle?

Offtopic sidenote:Why do you have the launching anim in your original post, and in a new post?
Rampastring
The structure (Temple of Nod) and the anims look nice, as expected.

I dislike the Hand of Nod's smoke anim however (although that's another topic, it's the first time I noticed the anim).
Aro
However, I've wanted to know, what kind of missile is the Apocalypse Missle?

A Powerful explosive missile that also releases Tiberium gas.

Offtopic sidenote:Why do you have the launching anim in your original post, and in a new post?

Because I updated the first post. roll.gif

I dislike the Hand of Nod's smoke anim however (although that's another topic, it's the first time I noticed the anim).

It's going to be removed anyway since it causes errors with stealth.
Revolutionary
I love it biggrin.gif its very very nice my only nagative comment would be that the side gas escape doors appear to change to a lighter colour as they open.
Aro
Hardcoded, we can't do anything about it.
Aro
Impact Animation, please excuse the placeholder animations:

Revolutionary
Nice, i cant wait to see this with out the placeholder animations (i asume its just the RA2 nuke which is the paceholder, if not just that the others dont look to bad)
Devastator
I like how the small missles launch off the Apocalypse Missile itself creating tiberium gas. Coded like a cluster missle correct?
But don't worry, I'm sure most of us have used the RA2 nuke anim for something.
Lin Kuei Ominae
QUOTE (Ionizer @ Jul 10 2010, 04:51 PM) *
Coded like a cluster missle correct?

Not even close like that. tongue.gif To have a correct timing for them flying off the missile, it took a much more complex coding (185 lines of art.ini code for the whole nukedown and explosion anims). wink1.gif

And yes, RA2 Nukeanim and the green gas cluster explosion will be changed. For the gas cluster explosion we've found already a good replacement and when i have really much time i'll create a complete new explosion for the mushroom cloud explosion.
Revolutionary
QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Jul 10 2010, 06:29 PM) *
Not even close like that. tongue.gif To have a correct timing for them flying off the missile, it took a much more complex coding (185 lines of art.ini code for the whole nukedown and explosion anims). wink1.gif

Just a few lines of code tongue.gif, At least there is life in the old girl yet (refering to the TS engine as "the old girl")

I made jokes before about wanting to crack TI open when it is realesed but i dont know if id dare to woth that sort of codding, Id say i hope you will do a tut but that might take a long time biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.