Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fix the spam bot situation
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > The Graphics Fridge
Nimatareelott
asd
Poskov
WTF is this?
child nr0p?

Somebody needs to up the security here...

Come on, NO MORE NEW MEMEBERS!
Nyerguds
Gods, this forum REALLY needs some better protection -_-
Team Black
I removed the bot's posting ability.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Poskov @ Dec 18 2009, 03:46 AM) *
Come on, NO MORE NEW MEMEBERS!

Wouldn't be a solution, real C&C players need to register (although we haven't had many new members for a while).

The admins just need to start doing something.. DvD said that he'll leave installing a better protection system to Python (if I remember correctly), who also hasn't done anything roll.gif
Tore
QUOTE (TiberiumWeb IPB version:)

QUOTE (Latest IPB version:)

This could be something tongue.gif
Ixith
QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Dec 18 2009, 08:53 AM) *
The admins just need to start doing something.. DvD said that he'll leave installing a better protection system to Python (if I remember correctly), who also hasn't done anything roll.gif

yea but Python is probably fairly busy himself not to mention the fact that they too see the inactivity of the place and probably don't feel as if it should be updated unless something is actually happening here.
Lin Kuei Ominae
I just had a crazy idea

How about making it even easier for bots to register here, while going sure to recognize them automatically (using the latest security system to prevent bots).
Then install some kind of C&C browser game and allow each full member of that forum (100 Posts or more; 1 month active or longer) to kill/delete these bots in the browser game. The browser game does nothing else than moving them in a special "crap forum" where a mod admin can easyly delete them and no other member can view the bots posts/topics.

That would make these bots actually usefull and with each member being able to play the game, the bots won't stay for long.

Some kind of ranking system could be established: "who has killed the most bots this month/year/of all time" "whose reaction time was the fastest" etc
The information could then be shown in the profile too.
Rampastring
Sounds fun, now we just need someone to make the game lol.gif

Just updating the forum would be easier.
Revolutionary
Just an idea but don’t most bots post after they register so why not make people wait a set time after registering (for example 12 hours) a human "bot" poster wont want to wait that long and some bots may not understand the wait. perhaps there could be things members could do to reduce this time or there could even be questions to do so
jadems
Or restrict it them to posting to one board for a certain time.

lololol, it looks like Aro got a bot with all the new topics XD
Aro
All these suggestions are all a bit too far out there to be honest, just do the upgrade, it'll make life easier for everyone except the bots.

lololol, it looks like Aro got a bot with all the new topics XD

You all moan when I don't post things here, now you moan when I do.
Stop being a bunch of bastards. tongue.gif
Rampastring
QUOTE (Aro @ Dec 20 2009, 10:31 PM) *
All these suggestions are all a bit too far out there to be honest, just do the upgrade, it'll make life easier for everyone except the bots.

Agreed.
QUOTE (Aro @ Dec 20 2009, 10:31 PM) *
You all moan when I don't post things here, now you moan when I do.
Stop being a bunch of bastards. tongue.gif

I haven't moaned anything! (after you started hosting TI here)
2kool4u526
i agree with LKO, a bit, we should make a special "Bot Forum"

and a bot killer game would be fun...
The DvD
Thanks for the heads-up Nyerguds, i downloaded the latest release just now, i'll ask Python to install it asap..

..alternatively i'd do it myself, but i've never done it before. And 2.3.6 -> 3.0.5 seems like a rather big jump Oo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.