Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For one so lazy...
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Ixith
Ok so i'm finally up and running again...kinda...

Awhile back i was talking about ordering parts and building me a new computer and blah blah blah....well towards the end of October my old computer started f*cking up and i had planned to wait until Black Friday to order parts. That meant one whole month without easy internet access for me...and well that just doesn't go well for me. So I tried to live with my PSP for internet and well...that just sucks. So i went out and got a new laptop...nothing great....it's an HP Pavilion dv6-1355dx running Windows 7 of course. Sadly this is a huge upgrade from my PC that took a sh*t...

But anyways....to the main point of the topic....I'm lazy....and I need some things....so if anyone could help me out here i'd appreciate it. So let's get down to business.
I need the following:
-Links to any patches/things that i may need to make my TS and other C&C games run on Windows 7. (so like RA2/YR and maybe even CnC1)
-A link to all TS modding tools. Most importantly FS and it's stuff.
-umm can't remember the other crap...i'll get back to you on that....

but anyways....i'm back-ish and will hopefully have production up and running soon....for i had an idea one day while tinkering around on my semi-functional sh*t canned old PC.

So yea. thanks ahead of time to anyone who tries to help me out here.
Team Black
First topic in TS editing, yar.

Windows 7, supposedly it's better than Vista, but from what I've seen so far, it's incompatible with a lot of stuff.
They barely got stuff compatible with Vista as it is, now there's a whole new system to accomodate for as well..

I've got no idea how well TS or the utils will work, but running them in compatibility mode would go without saying.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Team Black @ Dec 5 2009, 07:59 AM) *
I've got no idea how well TS or the utils will work, but running them in compatibility mode would go without saying.

As far as I know Windows 7 supports pretty much everything that Vista supports. A friend of mine installed TS (TFD version) on his laptop running a beta version of Windows 7 and it worked just as it does on Vista (with the UDP patch and a NoCD patch).. we played a few LAN matches without any errors. The latest TS patch should be pretty much all you have to download for TS.

I'm quite sure that the most of the modding tools will also work without problems.

About C&C95 and RA1, they have some problems with Vista and Windows 7, but I think Nyerguds could help you better with them.
eXit
I really don't get it how everybody is having these issues with vista/7. I used vista for a long time and now running 7. I have never had any problems with both of them, almost everything that worked in XP, works in vista/7, including TS and CnC95 without ANY patches. Just set the compatibility mode to 95 or 98/ME and add administrator priviledges and it's good to go.
Ixith
well it's not that i'm having problems with them. it's just that i heard of people having problems and wanted to know what i would need if i needed anything if i had problems. but...i just went and installed TS/FS and they work fine with no extra things outside of installation so that means it's time to add FinalSun and it's goodies along with some others to the TS/FS folder. Then I'll hook up my PSP and pull off my backups that i luckily saved from my old computer.

now...i remember what the other thing is...but that's something i know where to get and will have to contact a certain someone to get it.
Tore
Fix for TD
Fix for RA

"If it works on Vista it works on 7"
Crash
I realized the same about Windows 7 and got back to good old XP. I did this because I will get backwards compatibility and since I'm used to XP. It will still be supported for years to come, and thus I'm just gonna stay with XP for a long time. I suppose you would enjoy the same.

If you are lucky to get all C&C's working with Windows 7, then do enjoy it.
Rampastring
C&Cs are compatible with Windows 7 (at least by community patches) and most other software work with Windows 7, because pretty much everything compatible with Vista (even drivers as far as I know) is compatible with Windows 7, at least with the 32-bit versions.

I think I'll switch to Windows 7 after a few months.. I've seen it running on two computers so far and it seems to be generally a lot faster than XP (just compare the boot/shutdown time, for example).

Although Microsoft will continue supporting XP with updates until 2014 I think that many software developers will cease supporting it a lot sooner. Especially the newest games since some of them will start requiring DrectX10.
Crash
The 64-bit version of Windows 7 does not seem to very supportive. That's the one I used, and C&C wouldn't work, along with other programs (especially Open Source).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.