Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why does Nod lose?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Poskov
See I've been thinking, if those terrorists in reallife can severly hinder the US army in the middle east, and they've got nothing,
Wouldn't Nod own everyone 'cause they're really high tech and organized?
gufu
Because then, there would not be no such side like GDI. Thus you can't have sneaky VS powerful in the sequel.

Beside, there are two endings and you can just ignore the sequels continuity when it comes to that.

Works for all C&C games.
Orac
People like the time-tested "Good Guys win in the end" story. The Nod campaign is really just an exercise in seeing the game from the enemy's perspective. The Heroic GDI are the Good Guys, therefore they win.
jadems
Nod doesn't fight to win, the fight to alter everything and mold it the way they want.

Like seriously, was there any point to the 3 wars? Nod just used them to get what they want labeled under the socalled "war"
Blackhand Commando
As a Nod fan I always hoped that there will be a c&c where nod rly wins (not like in kane's wrath where the tacitus explodes in Kane's handz). Its not about heroism, or good guys-bad guys, its all about money. I mean real money. If EA wouldn't be such greedy and westwood would alive, maybe nod would win (sry for my grammar). Its because if nod wins, like with the WAM , the GDI gets totally terminated (exept in my mod). And if GDI is no more, no more C&C and no more money for EA.
Thats all.

giljotiini.gif <--- EA if it depends on me
Rampastring
Don't start this anti-EA thing here.. roll.gif

As far as I remember from some interview it's so because the Nod endings have always been so "final". It would've been difficult to continue the story for example, from the TS Nod ending.
See I've been thinking, if those terrorists in reallife can severly hinder the US army in the middle east, and they've got nothing,
Wouldn't Nod own everyone 'cause they're really high tech and organized?
Although the "terrorists" have been fighting for a long time their casualties are much higher than the US' .. at least it was so when I checked last time.
Corsair
QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Nov 26 2009, 09:09 AM) *
Although the "terrorists" have been fighting for a long time their casualties are much higher than the US' .. at least it was so when I checked last time.

Yea, currently it's something like a 6:1 or 7:1 ratio.
MT.
Because GDI is mostly based of the U.S., and WW/EA are American.

Also, the other things that have been mentioned in this thread. A Nod ending being real would change the direction of the series too drastically.
The DvD
Blasphemy! Nod never loses!
Poskov
QUOTE (The DvD @ Nov 26 2009, 03:39 PM) *
Blasphemy! Nod never loses!

Most definately!

Also, 7:1 ratio

Nod is composed of ex-US military dudes and mercenaries

Now, 3:1 ratio

Nod has F-22 raptors

Now 1:1 ratio

Nod has lasers and chemical weapons

1:2 ratio

Nod Infantry have full combat body armor + gas mask

1:4 ratio

Nod is very organized

1:5 ratio

Nod has tanks and REAL missiles, not RPGs

1:7 ratio
2kool4u526
I agree.
NOD makes it appear that they lose but they are just playing GDI.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Poskov @ Nov 27 2009, 02:39 AM) *
Most definately!

Now, 3:1 ratio

Nod has F-22 raptors

Well, although I personally prefer Nod, GDI also has much more powerful stuff than the US Army (well, at least if we would scale the C&C series' weaponry damage to the real world level):

Ion Cannon
Drop Pods
Firestorm Defence
Mechs
Orcas
Railguns
Mammoth MK II!
and I think I forgot many essential things.

Hmm, I just changed from Cyborg to a Jumpjet Infantry by post count... I thought Cyborgs own jumpjet infantries.. at least when they decide to land hmm.gif
Corsair
QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Nov 27 2009, 09:03 AM) *
I thought Cyborgs own jumpjet infantries.. at least when they decide to land hmm.gif

Jumpjet infantry are far more versatile, even if they are fragile.
Tore
QUOTE (Poskov @ Nov 27 2009, 01:39 AM) *

Says who? Nod is very sneaky and reverse engineered US technology it doesn't mean US soldiers are involved........ Or does it? :O

Nod has F-22 raptors

GDI has "futuristic mystery fighters" and Orca Fighters

Nod has lasers and chemical weapons

GDI has Ion Cannons and Napalm

Nod Infantry have full combat body armor + gas mask

Says who? Renegade? pfff

Nod is very organized

So is GDI

Nod has tanks and REAL missiles, not RPGs

Uhmm what the hell? So what is the Medium Tanks and Mammoth Tanks then? Boxes?

As for real missiles
GDI has MLRS (Nod too), Advanced Guard Towers, Rocket Soldiers (Nod too) and Gun Boats (which fires missiles)

And why didn't you mention that The Brotherhood has Kane? That alone makes them better than GDI tongue.gif
Poskov
I was talking more during the time of TD,

Tore, the only plane GDI has is the A-10

almost every country in the world has napalm + what do you think Nod flamethowers shoot? Napalm.
GDI has AN ion cannon and it's still a prototype, Nod has TacNukes (Much better)

About RPGs, I was comparing Nod to Middle Eastern Insurgents
Orac
GDI has a nicer arsenal than Nod in TD, imo.
Except for the barracks designs, where Nod has the "upper hand".
jadems
when I first played TS, I made judgment that Nod were much better, aesthetically looking at their structures.
For example, compare the two radars XD

And GDI no longer has only ONE ion cannon, they have a satellite network now.

And I like the joke, Orac!
Tore
QUOTE (Poskov @ Nov 28 2009, 07:56 AM) *
Tore, the only plane GDI has is the A-10

You should play C&C1 again, you will see a Black GDI plane destroying a Nod F-22 in that FMV
Blackhand Commando
Lets say: NOD ROX! GDI won't be able to erase the Brotherhood, but the Nod needs only one final victory to destroy the GDI.
KingByng
QUOTE (Blackhand Commando @ Nov 28 2009, 08:55 AM) *
Lets say: NOD ROX! GDI won't be able to erase the Brotherhood, but the Nod needs only one final victory to destroy the GDI.

That's the problem with ideas: no matter how often they end up underneath your tanks' treads, they don't die.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Blackhand Commando)

Let's see if C&C4 will change that roll.gif
jadems
So, yeah, I tried a new tactic in KW. Steel Talon harvester rush.
groups of 3 harvesters, two with infantry, one with rockets, and a warfactory next to the refinery. Pretty good.
Never run out of money.

Take that Nod!
Blackhand Commando
I don't like TW since the patch which made the refineryes costing 3000$ and harvesters brings only 600$
Rampastring
Are you talking about KW? As far as I remember the refinery still costed 2000 when I played C&C3 last time (although I played the Tiberium Essence mod, so it might've been changed.. or maybe I'm just remembering wrong roll.gif .)

@jadems: do the steel talons have APC harvesters or something.. ? Can't understand your description.
jadems
Oh, they have garisonable harvesters XD
Orac
Does Nod really want to win though? I mean, the Tiberium spreads itself, Nod doesn't really need to help. All they need to do is stop anyone from cleaning up: GDI. They don't have to win, they just have to distract the Global Defence Initiative.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.