Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GDI Disc Thrower
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > The Graphics Fridge
KajiTetsushi
GDI Disc Thrower concept fanart

Well, whatever. mellow.gif Tiberian Sun, ladies and gentlemen. smile.gif
Now that I have a Disc Thrower, I want to create a Rifleman, wait, no Riflegirl.
Please read the description first before asking any questions.
Blackhand Commando
looks cool... its rly like a ninja-grenadier with shurikens.
Are you an anime fan?
jadems
chyeah, straight off the bat you should be able to tell.

I love the detail! OMG, the detail!
Rampastring
Looks awesome with all that detailing.. and even though it has lots of detail it doesn't look messy.
KajiTetsushi
QUOTE (Blackhand Commando @ Oct 17 2009, 04:54 PM) *
looks cool... its rly like a ninja-grenadier with shurikens.
Are you an anime fan?
Yes and no. I do draw specifically only in animesque style now, but then, it's not my entire life.
There's things about anime that I like and just about as much about anime that I don't.
Which is why watching other channels is sometimes a good alternative. wink1.gif

QUOTE (jadems @ Oct 17 2009, 06:32 PM) *
chyeah, straight off the bat you should be able to tell.
I love the detail! OMG, the detail!
I don't know who you're referring to with the first line, but with the second one... yeah... detail is good.

QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Oct 17 2009, 09:40 PM) *
Looks awesome with all that detailing.. and even though it has lots of detail it doesn't look messy.
Thanks. If you draw the picture large and slow, you should be able to get the details in the right place.
Lin Kuei Ominae
that's really good
i like the separate and solid armor plates on every part of the body.
I'm not that fond of the big anime looking eyes and the way he is holding the 3 discs is unclear to me too. I think the discs would be simply too thick to hold them between the fingers.
Other than that i like it very much.
KajiTetsushi
QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Oct 21 2009, 04:47 PM) *
that's really good
i like the separate and solid armor plates on every part of the body.
I'm not that fond of the big anime looking eyes and the way he is holding the 3 discs is unclear to me too. I think the discs would be simply too thick to hold them between the fingers.
Other than that i like it very much.

Point taken, LKO. I understand that not a lot of C&C players grew up with anime since childhood (myself included, ironically), but this is where I perform best. And about the discs- well, they were intentionally drawn for that exact same animesque impression, a la ninja mode. His posture might not be something you could really understand for now, but I had plans to make him look like he's going to throw a trio of explosives at a rushing Nod horde along with some camera angle experimentation, which will only look more sensible one the entire picture's done.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments and opinions.
jadems
there's more to the picture!

I myself, am a stick figure artist. XD
I was so impressed by CnC when I was a wee youngin' that I drew overhead views of stick figures fighting from TD... and then unknowingly mixed it up with RA...

So, yeah, obelisk towers and dolphins, hehe
KajiTetsushi
QUOTE (jadems @ Oct 22 2009, 06:06 PM) *
I was so impressed by CnC when I was a wee youngin' that I drew overhead views of stick figures fighting from TD... and then unknowingly mixed it up with RA...

That's because RA inherited some of C&C's unit technology. With them being similar to newcomers, mixing both up is no surprise.
On a side note, despite importing some technology, I think that Westwood didn't take all of C&C's gaming logic into RA, though.
e.g.: Nod SAMs can take shelter under shields and pop up only when firing. Soviet SA-2s can't.
Nyerguds
LKO, those aren't big anime eyes... these are tongue.gif
Orac
hehehe, the Disc Thrower eyes look very normal in comparison tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.