Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this my fault?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
sniper

The game is still running right now so can I fix this in game?
EDIT: screw it im going to bed. This error, or whatever it is has happened twice now so if anyone knows whats going on their help would be much appreciated.
Lin Kuei Ominae
i recently had this too.

The reason: You forgot to place a hva file for one of the vxl.
In my case a voxel debris was missing the hva, and when the voxel debris was about to be spawned, the game showed this.
sniper
Its probably the hva for the laser turret I downloaded. But I remember having that in the expand02.mix. Is it supposed to go somewhere else?
Lin Kuei Ominae
no
hva's are read from expandXX.mix files too

just make sure every voxel has its appropriate hva.
sniper
I need to start bringing my tibsun files to school so I can check this sort of stuff confused.gif
EDIT:all 92 of my voxels (one downloaded) have hva files
Altzan
Those look like skyscraper powerplants. Odd.
Lin Kuei Ominae
QUOTE (sniper @ Oct 15 2009, 03:43 PM) *
EDIT:all 92 of my voxels (one downloaded) have hva files

and you are sure that they also have the matching filename?
e.g. ltnk.vxl & Itnk.hva won't work. (since TS is case sensitive when reading the inis, it might be even case-sensitive when reading files, so mytank.vxl & MYtank.hva could be problematic too)

Also make sure that every voxel debris actually has a voxel to display. A voxel debris with a non-existing voxel can cause problems too.

Maybe also your mix file is corrupt so that some files can't be read by the game. In this case delete your mix and create it again from scratch.
Corrupt mix files often happen if you continuously add and remove stuff to a mix.
sniper
well its not happening any more but ill remake my expand02 if it happens again(dont wanna do it now cause ive added alot of stuff to it)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.