Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mistakes in the TFD Manual
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
2kool4u526
I have actually read The First Decade manual, and have come across many errors made by EA while compiling it, I will post them on here, then I will post them on the C&C Forums at commandandconquer.com later

Anyways... here are the mistakes (10 altogether):

Page 7:
Structures
Misplaced:
Technology center states that the Soviets have a "GPS Satellite Mammoth Tank"???

Page 10:
Unit Tech Tree
Missing:
Should Have: Barracks + Service Depot = Mechanic*.

Page 13:
Structure Tech Tree
Misplaced:
Tesla Coil doesn't need Technology Center as prerequisite.

Page 22:
GDI Vehicles
Misplaced:
Drop Pod Control Plug should be in structures section

Page 25:
Nod Units
Misinformation:
States the Cyborg Commando's weapon is a chaingun and a flamethrower.

Page 27:
NOD Structures
Icon/Cameo:
Tiberium Waste Facility has Missile Silo Icon.

Page 28:
NOD Structures
Icon/Cameo:
Missile Silo has Tiberium Waste Facility Icon.

Page 35:
Allied Units
Misplaced:
Robot Tank is a vehicle.

Page 36:
Allied Structures
Major Typing Error:
The Ore Purifier's description says "While an expensive structure, the Ore Purifier allows provides credits from every load of Ore miners return to Refineries."

Page 41:
Soviet Structures
Misplaced:
Soviets don't have cloning vats.
EDIT:(RA2 not YR)

My favorite is page 7...
Allied Unit: Sir, what is that???
Allied Commander: That is a Orbiting Soviet Mammoth Tank that is spying on us.
Allied Unit: huh.gif

Let's get some discussion.
Ixith
Quite funny. I myself don't have TFD and probably would have never seen this until someone posted it up like you have. However concerning this:

QUOTE (2kool4u526 @ Aug 31 2009, 09:57 PM) *
Page 41:
Soviet Structures
Misplaced:

Now is that referring to Yuri's Revenge in the manual or is it referring to plain Red Alert 2. I ask because while the Soviets don't have the Cloning Vats in Yuri's Revenge as it goes to Yuri's side they DO have it in Red Alert 2 since Yuri is working with the Soviets at that point in the time line. So if the manual was referring to RA2 and not YR then it's not a mistake. But again I don't have the manual and I can't see that.
Orac
I think you may be right, Ixith, though it doesn't mentio "Red Alert 2 only" or anything.

Darn. Now I want a GPS Satellite Mammoth!
jadems
Man, I love the
Allied Commander: That is a Orbiting Soviet Mammoth Tank that is spying on us.
2kool4u526
QUOTE (Ixith @ Sep 1 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Quite funny. I myself don't have TFD and probably would have never seen this until someone posted it up like you have. However concerning this:

QUOTE (2kool4u526 @ Aug 31 2009, 9:57 AM)

Page 41:
Soviet Structures
Misplaced:

Now is that referring to Yuri's Revenge in the manual or is it referring to plain Red Alert 2. I ask because while the Soviets don't have the Cloning Vats in Yuri's Revenge as it goes to Yuri's side they DO have it in Red Alert 2 since Yuri is working with the Soviets at that point in the time line. So if the manual was referring to RA2 and not YR then it's not a mistake. But again I don't have the manual and I can't see that.

Yes I'm talking about RA2 not YR

Yuri was with the Soviets untill Premier Romanov's tape got mailed to Zofia (or the commander) and revealed that Yuri is behind his murder, so on the second to last misson (where you have to launch an assult on the Kremlin) Yuri had built 8 of his cloning vats built (Funny how the computer cheats wink1.gif.)

The manual also lists the units, structures, and vehicles for Yuri, they do give him the cloning vat.

IDK If those helped at all BUT

I ask because while the Soviets don't have the Cloning Vats in Yuri's Revenge as it goes to Yuri's side they DO have it in Red Alert 2 since Yuri is working with the Soviets at that point in the time line.

He was working with the Soviets for the first few missons, BUT even on the Soviet Timeline he might have built Psycic Dominators and his own forces before the Commander (you) killed him, so secretly he might have been against the Soviets.

EDIT: Plus Yuri was controlling Romanov before he murdered him.
Tore
There is many mistakes in the manual, even for the C&C1 units....
Ixith
yes 2kool, I know the RA2 story you don't have to try to explain it to me. All I was pointing out was that the Soviets do have and can build the cloning vats in Red Alert 2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.