Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing DLL files error for TFD. How the hell do you fix it?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Threve
I installed The first decade and none of the games work exept red alert (Thank god). I want Tiberian sun to work but it always messes up and says Missing one or more DLL files . PLease reinstall. So far i have reinstalled it over 3 times and updated it. IT STILL WONT WORK >:( S.O.S.
Revolutionary
Vista, Xp or other? (operating system)
Threve
[quote name='Revolutionary' date='May 18 2009, 06:54 PM' post='43594'
Vista I think (the new one). Also red alert 2 won't work. And as for generals it just freezes up. The only games that work are renigay and red alert. EA told me to send them stuff about my hard ware or something, so I'm trying that out now.
Rampastring
If you're running Vista, try disabling User Account Control. It has fixed the problem for 3 of my friends (who are running Vista).

Also, UAC is so annoying (and useless) that you'll get a headache after using your PC for 5 minutes if it's enabled.
Aztek985
Right click on the game's shortcut or EXE and click Properties. Click the Compatibility tab, and at the bottom of the window checkmark beside "Run this program as an administrator". Click OK and try running the game, it should work. Do this to all of the games you installed off TFD.
Threve
QUOTE (Python @ May 19 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Right click on the game's shortcut or EXE and click Properties. Click the Compatibility tab, and at the bottom of the window checkmark beside "Run this program as an administrator". Click OK and try running the game, it should work. Do this to all of the games you installed off TFD.

OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aztek985
QUOTE (Threve @ May 19 2009, 06:19 PM) *
OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to help. tongue.gif
Threve
[quote name='Python' date='May 20 2009, 02:49 AM' post='43610']
Glad to help. tongue.gif
[/quote


This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.