Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New multiplayer map to feast on
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > TiberiumWeb.com > TiberiumWeb news
Team Black
Our spotlighted maps section now features a new map from Q45, this one is a MONSTER!
The map is called Entrance to Pandemonium, it's a 5 player map that features a load of veins, a neutral militia, and a few triggers related to the map's pyramids.

Be sure to give it a download and drop some feedback here.
Rampastring
Yeah, this map is just awesome!

Congratz to Q45, this his is second spotlighted map.. and not many spotlighted maps get a news post about them cool.gif
Team Black
Yeah I'll try and keep updated more on spotlighted stuff, we need to more give recognition where it's due
Rampastring
Okay.. sounds good, in the past we haven't promoted stuff enough. I think we've had about one news post once in two months or something like that, although we've always had much spotlighted maps / graphics to promote roll.gif
Aro
This is what the TiberiumWeb news team is keeping up with? Quite bad if you ask me that the GCC competition is still on the front page, though Team Black isn't to blame. If you want more news posters to try and pump some more life back into this community, why not hire me? I do the same Job on PPM.
Team Black
every little bit counts.. Either way, a map this awesome can't go unnoticed
Aro
Actually I'm referring to the amount of news that is actually being posted. News doesn't have to be limited to this website alone, there is plenty of activity going down on PPM and CNC.com.
Ixith
QUOTE (Aro @ May 11 2009, 02:45 PM) *
Actually I'm referring to the amount of news that is actually being posted. News doesn't have to be limited to this website alone, there is plenty of activity going down on PPM and CNC.com.

This is true but it is generally better if the news has something to do with the site otherwise people will just skip over the news here and go straight to it's source at PPM or CNC.com and the whole activity thing that was trying to be promoted by posting the news goes, for the most part, without reason. It's just a fact that we need more activity in other areas and then we can regain more better news posts that help support the site itself. Though I do agree that news from the community outside of here is a good thing but we don't want all of our news to be that and to avoid that we need more activity with mods and the likes of everything this forum has to offer.

Though it seems every time someone good shows up and is active a certain mod that is on PPM and doesn't update here as often sweeps them up into it's ever growing team even though it said it had enough members in that area... roll.gif
But seriously on that note...how can we have a living forum when all it's members are being convinced to just contributing to a mod? Even more so one that doesn't contribute to this site? We need both the mod activity and the non-mod contributors who just post their maps, voxels, 3d models, and other modding things.
I'll also amend to that while the creative writing section is awesome and all, it isn't really the reason new comers might come to the site...I'm pretty sure if they find this site their original search was something TS or TW related.

Also TB...I just feel like pointing out that this is more Tiberian Sun news rather than Tiberium Web news...The way I see it is if a News post only has TS stuff then it's a TS news post, and if only TW stuff then it's a TW news, and if it's site updates then it's Tweb news. If it covers multiple games, then it's Tweb news too.
Although in the long run it really doesn't matter since it all ends up on the front page regardless and I'm somewhat confused on why we have multiple news sections in the first place...though I think it might have to do with having the separated portals for each game on the actual site.

Finally, if someone PMs me stuff they think would be fitting to be on the news here then PM me it all and I'll post it in the news cause, remember, I am a News poster here and it would give me something to do and a reason to show up on this site.

and yes...I like to type...
Rampastring
About this news posting thing.. I agree with Aro, let's just hire him. He's very active at posting news at PPM and he also visits this site quite often.

However I also agree with Ixith, it would be good to have the most of the news about things happening on this site; however the problem is that there isn't really much happening here (although I can promise that something will happen in about 2 weeks cool.gif ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.