Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mammoth Tank. Any one?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Tadakatsu The 1st
Hello guys, i dont really know how to add mammoth tank into my original tiberian sun game, and its NOT firestorm version. so i was wondering if anyone can give me the MOD that enables thus unit. I would be appreciated. just PM me or email me. thank you!
Tore
Get a rules.ini and enable it yourself...

or you can try TS Retro
Tadakatsu The 1st
what do u mean by downloading rule.INI? its only red alert 2 right??
Team Black
take a look at rules.ini with notepad. It's the goldmine of everything you'll ever want to enable in Tiberian Sun.

Remember to use Ctrl + F to search for stuff you want, it's a gigantic file.
Rampastring
You already have a topic about this. Also, please don't PM me for help, you could've just asked for more details in the topic.

Rules.ini is a text file which contains information about the game's settings, units, animations etc. It is used by Red Alert 1, Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2.

Go to http://xhp.xwis.net/. Click "Utilities" from the left sidebar. Then choose XCC Utilities. Download and install it.

Then launch XCC Mixer (You can find it from the start menu) and read this guide about using it (Yeah, that might not be the best guide around, however that's how I learnt to use XCC Mixer).

To get rules.ini, click File -> Open in XCC Mixer, browse to your Tiberian Sun directory and open patch.mix (assuming you have the latest version of TS, if patch.mix doesn't exist then open TIBSUN.mix instead, which is also located in the TS folder (like all of TS's mix files)).

If you opened patch.mix, you should see the rules.ini in the left bar. Right-click on it and select "Extract". Browse to your TS folder and save it there.

If you opened TIBSUN.mix, you should see lots of mix files in the left bar. Find "local.mix" from there and open it (by double-clicking it). Then you'll see hundreds of different files. Find rules.ini (the files are ordered by the type, and rules.ini's type is "text"). Right-click on rules.ini and select Extract. Save rules.ini to your TS directory.

Then, like I said in the previous topic:

2. Open rules.ini with some text editing program (Notepad) and search for "Mammoth Tank", or "4TNK" (search by pressing Ctrl+F)
3. Find the "TechLevel" key below the "4TNK" unit. Edit the "TechLevel" value to something between 1 and 10. Save the file, overwriting the previous rules.ini.
4. optional: by default the mammoth tank isn't very useful compared to it's cost and other things (it also requires a tech center and is slow), so you might also want to change some other things like Cost, Sight, Speed etc.
Tadakatsu The 1st
Thank you so much Rampeistein. I have a question, after i opened up notepad. i found mammoth tank in this kind of format. Look:

ÿÿÿÿ LTNK ÿÿÿÿ Mammoth Tank ÿÿÿÿ APOC ÿÿÿÿ

it appears like that, can u tell me if thats correct?? and how do i save it into the tiberian sun game?? i dont see it...i did all of the things you told me, i got the rules.INI editor. am i suppose to use that? cause i can save the mammoth tank thing on the rules.INI editor. but not sure about the XCCutility

Is that right?? haha. sorry to bother you.

here is what happaned.

Transport ÿÿÿÿ LST ÿÿÿÿ Mammoth Tank ÿÿÿÿ 4TNK ÿÿÿÿ Medium Tank ÿÿÿÿ

thats what i got. i dont see any words with ''Techlevel''?
ryanrules247
Erm, id recomend TibEd 1 (Its now free) cheep and cheerful, and hasnt cased me any problems so fair.. and its very easy to use.
Tadakatsu The 1st
Is TibEd 1 really a working program that can enable mammoth tank?
Rampastring
Erm, I've heard some really bad things about TibEd and I don't recommend using it. All experienced modders do their work with Notepad / Wordpad / other text editors.
Thank you so much Rampeistein. I have a question, after i opened up notepad. i found mammoth tank in this kind of format. Look:

What did you open with Notepad?

What is this "Rules.ini editor" you're talking about? All you need to edit the Rules.ini is Notepad, which comes with Windows. I guess you've tried opening TIBSUN.mix or something else with Notepad..

Hmm, or then you've tried opening some RA2 file, since the units "LTNK" and "APOC" don't exist in TS.

This is what it should look like:
; Mammoth tank
[4TNK]
Name=Mammoth Tank
Category=AFV
TargetLaser=yes
Primary=120mmx
Secondary=MammothTusk
Strength=600
CrateGoodie=yes
Armor=heavy
Turret=yes
TechLevel=-1
Sight=6
Speed=4
Owner=GDI
Cost=1700
Points=60
ROT=5
Crusher=yes
SelfHealing=yes
Crewed=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=25-I000,25-I002,25-I004,25-I006
VoiceMove=25-I012,25-I014,25-I016,25-I018,25-I022
VoiceAttack=25-I014,25-I022,25-I024,25-I026
VoiceFeedback=
MaxDebris=4
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
Weight=3.5
MovementZone=Destroyer
ThreatPosed=40 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
ZFudgeColumn=9
ZFudgeTunnel=15

but not sure about the XCCutility

You need to use XCC Mixer to get the rules.ini from the .MIX files. (TIBSUN.MIX -> Local.mix or patch.mix).

I could upload the Rules.ini here for you to download it, however it shouldn't be too hard to extract it from the game. Also, if you learn to use XCC Mixer correctly, you know how to modify just about everything in the game.
Tadakatsu The 1st
lol thanks bro. i actually used the tibed 1. it works perfectly:]] thanks for all your help!
Aztek985
I would actually recommend using Wordpad over Notepad when working with these kind of files. Notepad seems to display them funny sometimes, while I've never had a problem with Wordpad displaying them correctly.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Python @ May 15 2009, 07:16 PM) *
Notepad seems to display them funny sometimes, while I've never had a problem with Wordpad displaying them correctly.

Yeah, but I've only had that problem with maps. I haven't had any problems editing rules.ini with Notepad, however maps get sometimes displayed as some random rubbish, not sure why.
Tadakatsu The 1st
MMmmm,,, Do u know if firestorm works the same way?? i got the two files compiled together, and i tried to edit rules.ini all every time;;; it doesnt work tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.