Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Happened?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
KingByng
There was a resurgence of activity here when the forums got back up and running, now it seems to be as desolate as right before it went down.

Has this forum died?
jadems
Heh, I'm still patrolling it, but I don't think TS modding is appealing to many people nowadays.
Companies are making it too easy, like GECK for Fallout 3
Orac
maybe TS modding has come to its logical (no pun intended) end?
Without EXE fuggling, there seems very little to do to advance TS modding.

However, we should really do some more TW modding...
wondle_donkey
QUOTE (jadems @ Apr 17 2009, 03:59 PM) *
Heh, I'm still patrolling it, but I don't think TS modding is appealing to many people nowadays.
Companies are making it too easy, like GECK for Fallout 3

Hah, I was just thinking that.
Wess
QUOTE (Yaraday @ Apr 17 2009, 09:02 PM) *
There was a resurgence of activity here when the forums got back up and running, now it seems to be as desolate as right before it went down.

Has this forum died?

sry to say but yes sad.gif

tibweb, has outlived its usefulness.

Rampastring
Yeah, I've also noticed that this forum is dying.. sad.gif
maybe TS modding has come to its logical (no pun intended) end?

People still actively mod TS in PPM.. however, all the big mods are there (like Twisted Insurrection and Tiberian Odyssey).

I still love TS and would like to make maps for it, however I got bored because of it's instability (mainly Reconnection errors). I'm also learning Visual Basic and C#, although if someone requests help with modding I'll try to offer help as well as I can.

I think we would just need some TW mods.. or some big TS mod to make this place active again.
Aztek985
I think Jadems and Orac said it very well. TS modding is getting less and less interesting. I mean, TS is over 10 years old and might not even work when Windows 7 is released and everybody flocks to it. Who knows though we'll have to wait and see.

I'm still here though, checking in just about every day.
Roani52
Same here...
Rampastring
I don't think so. People still mod TS, however the problem is that all the big mods / most experienced members are on other forums. The only active mod we have is The Dawn of the Tiberium Age, which is hosted not only here but also at PPM. It's not that people don't mod TS; it's just that this community doesn't mod TS (and never hosted mods enough).

Tiberium Wars never really got people interested enough to mod it. The only mods I've seen talked about so far are Mideast Crisis 2 (which has it's own homepage) and Tiberium Essence (hosted at PPM).

Btw, I still check these forums daily.
Aro
I used to be really active here back in the day up until a certain little incident which I wont go into detail about. It's a shame really, a lot of the oldies don't visit here anymore (including myself) and a lot of people are too busy now-a-days. The majority of members here have moved onto places like PPM and ModDB in search for more active forums (which they are). The reason PPM is more active is because as Rampy said it hosts a lot of mods, TS, RA2 and Generals alike.
I don't come here as often as I used to and from what I see, neither do a lot of the oldies (I haven't seen LKO on here for a while either), but I still check the place from time to time, despite the lack of interesting topics these days. TS and RA2 modding has not died, it's just that TiberiumWeb isn't as popular as it used to be. If you're looking for active TS forums, I highly recommend checking out PPM as it's one of the few active TS / RA2 modding forums around these days.
By the way, it's cool to see some of you still here.
Roani52
I used to mod a lot when I still had my old crappy computer. Since I have my "Nuclear Reactor" (as some people call it... I'd say it's still... meh...) I play more modern games.
daTSchikinhed
i still visit just because TumSun was my home, and this is the incarnation of that. I don't post, because my time is limited, but i still love it. smile.gif
jadems
Heh, I try pop in about once a day.

Lets have a competition! That's always fun!
I'll boot up my old computer dedicated to modding TS!
SMIFFGIG
We need some TibWars active staff, which could ask around at Moddb or something and see if anyone needs hosting, at least that would attract a few more visitors
Thats all I can think of ?
Team Black
Well tibweb would be loads better without the Felix incident with tibsun, and if EA had any cares about the old C&Cs.

Even despite that though, TS modding is still awesome enough to keep us fans interested in it.
Orac
I should release my unused voxels. The ones which I decided not to release on PPM...
Aro
I've donated so much to this community, yet no boost in life. These are actually the only topics that get real attention here any more.
Orac
Maybe a funeral is in order? sad.gif
Team Black
let's do with it what we can. We're still a great bunch, and we have this hobby in common.
Sure it's not the newest thing around, but it's still fun to do
Rampastring
The only reason why I've released my maps only here is that I want this community to stay alive. However if it dies I might consider releasing them at PPM.

However.. like I already said, I got bored because I received reconnection errors all the time in LAN.. and I don't make multiplayer maps anymore.
Aztek985
I think I know exactly what needs to be done ...
Clazzy
The TS community is so small now that everyone has basically just confined themselves to one website. What's the point of two websites which will effectively mirror exactly the same information just with different css files and different forum layouts? Besides, Banshee is actually active.
Rampastring
Well, there are some tutorials, research etc. which aren't on PPM.. and I like this forum more, the layouts and the feel created by the gray background and the neon-green text (although I think it was much cooler before the attack in December 2007).

I think I could do some epic singleplayer map someday with TiberiumWeb advertising billboards and other foolish things, however I'm not sure if I have the time for detailing terrain (the most time consuming part). I still like singleplayer mapping and have a few ideas for SP maps.

However, I'm wondering what Python is thinking with that statement.. If it means closing or something similar I'd like to have some 2-3 days to save all important research/tutorials and some spotlighted maps (some which are not at PPM).
Uufje
I'm still here, only I don't post very much. That's because I'm not interested in Tiberian Sun anymore, the only C&C game I currently play is Renegade. Besides, this message board isn't as active anymore as it was in the beginning.

I hope something can be done to make it alive again, I really liked it when it was still active!
jadems
Heh, this thread is HOT!

I have an shp idea in the making!
Rampastring
Well, the problem is, how do we get active modders from other sites to know about your shp? As you can see by reading this topic, this place has only a few active modders.
jadems
Heh, doesn't matter.
If I make one, I'll post it here. That is all.
Aro
As said above, it would be a shame if this place was to be buried because there is a fair amount of research and material on this forum that isn't on any other forums.
Corsair
I've been really busy. My finals are this week.
Crash
It's not dead, people are just being busy with their lives. We should have some event to get it flowing again, that'd be interesting.

We'll sometime realize that the forums are gonna die, but it's not today, mister.

And yes, I will NOT like it if this forum is burried without the chance to take several backups of EVERYTHING. It happened with tiberiumsun.com and, well, I wish a backup was around (I know about the internet archive but it's really not that much).
jadems
My friend has a program that downloads entire websites, and their links until it reaches another domain website name.
The problem is, it creates a page for every link, so if two things were to link to one thing, there would be two of the exact same pages...

Heh, don't mind me, I'm just rambling. The time here has made me age very senile.

EDIT: To the Creative Writing section! I just rejoined the Zombie RP, and I don't know if I'm dead in Hammerfest yet!
Team Black
Hammerfest! we need to wrap that up and publish it. I have a few days off, I need to catch up on my reading, I'm still like a page behind
Corsair
If you could, Team Black, could you back all the stuff up in the Creative Writing section?
SeekSomethingNew
Sorry, but this place started to die after TumSun went down, hardly anyone could get it (here) anymore.

I visit this place like, once or twice a fortnight now...
Rampastring
I remember it being quite active when I released my first map in Nov 2007. There were quite a lot of new members, however then people started to lose interest and the new members (with some exceptions, like me) left about as soon as they came.

I never visited TumSun before it went down, so I don't know how active it was. When I found this place in April 2007 (I think it was then) by some link in Bittah Commander's signature on the dead Wagnerma.de forums, TumSun was already turned into TiberiumWeb.

About the creative writing thing, I like reading your stories and roleplaying things etc. however I'm not interested about participating in these forum roleplaying topics.
Roani52
After reading all this, I think it might be a good idea to release some SHP's, Voxels and codes from TS:V, since that mod is long dead, and it would be a waste of all those nice units which could be used in other mods. I just have to ask some people if it's OK to release them. I think I'm the only one with all the coding and back-ups of TS-V, tough Blacksilence might have it as well.
jadems
I'm fine with that
XD
Lightstorm
I still come here occasionally, but I've been busy and honestly the only thing that really interests me is the community and the creative writing section, which I don't have nearly enough time to devote to. I want to continue with Odessa but I just haven't had time to write my next post, I feel like, if more people were involved and interested in the RPs, I would be more inclined to continue them, I want to go on, but it seems like, by the time the next person has posted, I've lost interest, or gotten busy while waiting.
I was thinking though, what if the bunch of us who enjoy RPing started up an actual RP forum, we can advertise it here, on PPM, the petroglyph forums and the EA forums, we have a solid core of people, and I hate the feeling that the community is drifting apart, if nothing else, the core of people that I talk and RP with, I'd like to try and hold onto, even if command and conquer stops being the focus.
Team Black
Well just the fact that we have this topic makes me confident there's plenty of people interested in Tibweb to continue..
As far as the Roleplays, we need to get those going again. The problem is, they are time consuming. If you fall behind there's a LOT of reading to do before you can post again

BTW Roani, I still have an old build of TS: Vengeance biggrin.gif
Aro
QUOTE (Team Black @ May 6 2009, 05:50 AM) *
BTW Roani, I still have an old build of TS: Vengeance biggrin.gif

And me. huh.gif
KingByng
Well I'm glad this place isn't totally dead. I'm interested in what Python is gonna do...
Corsair
QUOTE (Yaraday @ May 12 2009, 10:56 PM) *
Well I'm glad this place isn't totally dead. I'm interested in what Python is gonna do...

Call the Jack Kevorkian of forums? ohmy.gif
Roani52
Dying of forums is not a crime...
wondle_donkey
Hey, this place had a good run. Didn't tiberiumsun.com start up in like 2000?
Tore
Tiberiumsun.com started in 1998
Rampastring
Well, I see that this small community is getting back to life again. We've got a few new members who are making the TS & TW boards active, and we also get posts in General Discussion and Fun Factory forums.
2kool4u526
It would be a shame if this place died, cause the ppl, forums, mods, voxels, etc. here are cool,

I made a topic in the off topic general discussion about seting a new record with
how many ppl on here at once, maybe we could get the site going again if we try
to participate, but i don't know how many ppl the site can hold. (i heard about it crashing)
Aztek985
I'm trying to stay active where I can. So don't count us down and out just yet.

By the way I didn't mean anything bad by my previous comment. TiberiumWeb is not shutting down.
DeathRay2K
Content is king. Sadly, there isn't much.
Team Black
seting a new record with
how many ppl on here at once

not going to happen. And even if it did, it wouldn't really accomplish much.
We would be like "whoopdie freakin do we did it. K bye"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.