Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sim City 4
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Scorch
If anyone can give me a tutorial, I will greatly appreciate it.
Actually, if anyone could give me clean files, that would be great too!

(Before anyone starts flaming, YES, I already searched Google and found nothing.)
Aztek985
What do you want to do to it?
Scorch
I found some modding programs, but it's so damn confusing. Like nothing I've seen before.

I was planning on making landmarks and gifts buildable more than once, and I hoped to double the coverage radius on several civic buildings, such as the Police Station and Fire Station.
Revolutionary
could you up load or link the modding tools so we could have a look at them?
CommanderSpartan
You should try modding starcraft, its impossible to do a dam thing there.
Scorch
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messagevi...p;enterthread=y

It's so confusing.

I cannot find simcity_1.dat in my Maxis files anywhere.
I downloaded ilive reader, yet it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. You can't find what you're looking for.
When you do manage to find something, it's impossible to mod it simply because there is nothing equivalent to something like an .ini file.
Revolutionary
QUOTE (Scorch @ Apr 18 2009, 03:49 PM) *
I cannot find simcity_1.dat in my Maxis files anywhere.
I downloaded ilive reader, yet it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. You can't find what you're looking for.
When you do manage to find something, it's impossible to mod it simply because there is nothing equivalent to something like an .ini file.

i have the sims city 4 deluxe edition and i found simcity_1.dat in Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe along with simcity_2,3,4,&5.dat

and thanks for the link ill have a look but if there are no ini files you may have to go in with a hex editor or worse
Scorch
I couldn't find any files. Just the city files and region files.
Revolutionary
do you think it would work if i sent you my simcity_1.dat for you to edit?
Scorch
Could you please? I may be able to figure out what's wrong then. (That it, if it's a problem.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.