Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacations
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Ixith
So yea...although it really doesn't matter since I'm hardly active anyways, I figured I'd share with you all that I'll be gone for about a week off in a much sunnier and warmer place laughing my balls off due to the reference of the first new South Park episode in this season. Now where I'm going could be symbolic of my status here in a way....except that I'm not old. If you can't figure out where I'm going then well...too bad you'll just have to wait until I get back. tongue.gif

I may or may not have pics when I get back because i'm not sure if it will really be good picture times. But hey who knows....

but yea more to come....

so anyone else going on any vacations for the Spring?
Crash
That sounds cool.

My vacation will be The Gathering 09 (link), sort of. I won't go on a real vacation until the summer days. smile.gif
ORCACommander
here is my vacation last week end. I am the one in the old army parka. Got video as well.
Accidentally invaded Python's country at one point we think and once penetrated into Maine but other than that we stayed in Pittsburg NH.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/amas...H%20April%2009/

Vid to come later
Ixith
so yea....i'm already back. It was only a little over 5 days but it was still pretty fun. In case you couldn't figure out where exactly I was going for my vacation well I went to Florida and more specifically Disney World. It was a band trip so we got to do a parade and a workshop thing but other than that it was all free time in different sections of the park. Here's a basic breakdown of how the trip went:

Day 1: (Cocoa Beech)
-Finally get into Florida. (We left at around 4:30 the night before)
-Spend a few hours at the beach
-Check into hotel and have a pool party

Day 2: (Epcot)
-Breakfast at hotel. (quiet crappy I might add)
>Rode some of the lame rides there such as TestTrack...really nothing great. Other than that we walked around and looked at the representations of certain countries that they had.
>Lunch and dinner here at different places. Oh and Ice cream of course...
>Left around 8ish to prepare for parade and then did the parade in Epcot.
>IllumiNations event which was like fireworks and stuff.
>went back to Hotel and played some games on the XBox that a friend brought.

Day 3: (Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios which used to be MGM, and then the workshop)
-Breakfast at hotel again
-Animal Kingdom first.
>Rode a few rides such as the Dinosaur thing, the Safari adventure, and a few others which weren't anything great but still interesting. Though we didn't get to ride the Everest ride that they built like 2 years ago or whatever it was temporarily down when my group decided to go to it but was later back up but unfortunately we didn't have time to ride it.
>Lunch at some place in Animal Kingdom...though we almost ate at one of the more expensive places there until we realized it was more expensive then we wanted to pay for cause not everyone in the group brought more than $180 and they didn't want to use up all of their cash just yet. Though we also did get ice cream at some point.
-Around 4ish we left Animal Kingdom to go to Hollywood Studios
>Rode Rock N Roller Coaster. An indoor roller coaster set to AeroSmith stuff. Quite fun and by far the most exciting of the rides we went on.
>Tower of Terror. Based on Twilight Zone stuff. Kinda fun but nothing too nerve racking. Especially since we went on it after Rock N Roller Coaster.
>Dinner here at some Pizza place. Also at some point we got some icey-pop drink. (too lazy to find an actual ice cream place and we wanted something cold then)
-Finally around 8ish we met up again and headed off for our workshop....
>Workshop from 9PM-Midnight...it was late...and yea I highly f*cked up a flute solo. lol
-Finally return to hotel

Day 4: (Magic Kingdom)
-Wake up an hour or so later than the last few days. Breakfast at hotel.
-Go spend over 12 hours at Magic Kingdom...
>Rode ferry across the lake area to get into Magic Kingdom
>Group Photo in front of the castle thing.
>Rode Thunder Mountain, Pirates, the Buzzlight year ride, Space Mountain, and a few others which I'm too lazy to name. All decent fun. Although the line to Space Mountain sucked since it was a little over an hour and it also decided to breakdown for close to 30 minutes while we were in line. We would have used our fast pass but the return time for it would have put us on it so much later.
>Lunch and dinner here at a few places. Took awhile to get lunch due to computers being down in the place we ate and the fact that the place was packed. Oh...and we got ice cream a little before lunch.
>During all of this it poured down rain off and on for about a time frame of 45 minutes...kinda sucked while it was raining but it turned out good...to the exception of my feet feeling kinda wet the entire rest of the day.
>Finally around 9PMish we sat down on the side of the main street and waited for the main SpectroMagic Parade thingie with all the floats. Which was cool since we were right there and almost every character not on a float came right up in front of my group. But damn...I would have felt sorry for anyone with epilepsy....so many lights!
>After Parade we went in front of the castle again and watched the "Wishes" thing which was pretty much a fireworks display set to this audio thing of music and characters talking about wishes.
>Gathered at our meeting spots, boarded the buses and started back for home.

Day 5: (...bus...*bang*)
-Woke up around 8ish (well officially woke up...kept waking up off and on because it's impossible to sleep on a bus even despite it being one of those nice charter buses. )
-Ate breakfast at a Waffle House. lol
-Got home around 4:30ish in the afternoon. (Today)

so yea...really it was a pretty fun trip...could have used another day or two in the nice warm 80-90 degree weather and the beach but meh that would have made it cost even more than I payed for so yea. Oh and I personally didn't take any pictures for a few reason...A)I'm lazy, B)Didn't feel like carrying around my camera all the time for hours. C)Never charged the batteries while at the hotel or before, D) While everything was cool and all it really wasn't much of a "Oooh gotta take a picture of that!" kinda thing to me. However, I'm sure others will be posting pictures up on their myspace and facebook pages here in the next few days and I will probably take a few of their pics to show. That is if I'm not too lazy. (yes...I am....indeed... one lazy mofo.)

so yea...that was my "Vacation"...although I still have until Monday for my Spring Break. Despite having to do test corrections and a PowerPoint Project.
KingByng
Well, my family and I would have gone on a tour of Long Island during spring break (my uncle and aunt were down to visit) had I not crashed my dads' car. The headlights smashed, front bumper broke off, under-guard busted, hood crumpled, and the engine is leaking (most likely the radiator). That's about $5000 worth of damages right there... pinch.gif
Ixith
and after a long period of not paying attention to this...

that really sucks @Yaraday. Sorry to hear that man.

as for pics...yea I'm here to post some for my trip finally. Remember all these pics were taken by other people although I do have some of me I think. Comments come before each pic...
the beach...yay
Click to view attachment

the epcot ball
Click to view attachment

fireworks at the illuminations thing at epcot
Click to view attachment

the lake in the middle of epcot's international area
Click to view attachment

the "tree of life" in animal kingdom
Click to view attachment

The Giant mickey mouse hat in MGM/Hollywood studios
Click to view attachment

The sign thing for the roller coaster...
Click to view attachment

Tower of Terror
Click to view attachment

the magic castle during day
Click to view attachment

magic castle at night with fireworks
Click to view attachment

more fireworks around the magic castle
Click to view attachment

and fireworks from farther away
Click to view attachment

the group photo earlier that day...yea...i'm the one sitting in the bottom left with a dark dark gray shirt...we were late to the group photo so we aren't in some people's versions of it lol
Click to view attachment
Corsair
It's been a while since I've seen a lot of that stuff, nice pictures.

(By the way, could someone possibly PM me how to fix my sig? For some reason there's a lot of space at the bottom of it.)
Aro
That's one creepy old tree...
Ixith
QUOTE (Aro @ May 7 2009, 05:51 AM) *
That's one creepy old tree...

meh it's not that old...
straight from wikipedia...

The Tree of Life is a massive fourteen story (145-foot (44 m)) tall artificial tree that has been the icon of Disney's Animal Kingdom since it opened on April 22, 1998. Engineered from a refitted Oil platform, it is located in the center of the park. Its leaves are made out of Kynar. On the exterior of it are carved images of 325 animals. Inside the Tree of Life is It's Tough to be a Bug!, a 3-D film hosted by Flick, from A Bug's Life. It is similar to the tree of Rafiki from The Lion King, though on a much larger scale. There is a hidden Mickey on this tree.
Team Black
awesome Ix, flippin sweet
Roani52
I was in Paris...
Here's the proof:

More proof might follow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.