Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's all play TS again!
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
St0rm
Okay so yesterday i was playing TS online multiplayer and i noticed that at most there are only 30 players in the lobby at one time. This saddened me because it meant we were soon to lose a very interesting and EXTREMELY good game. I propose that we all play TS again and enjoy it while it lasts. I want more varieties of maps beside visc maps and conflicts. I want to play your guys' maps and see you voxels.

FYI:In TS online, I am duganpig
Rampastring
If someone would host a Hamachi network for playing TS and enough people would be interested I could participate.

XWIS fails in tranferring maps and.. it also has some other problems.
Tore
TS? Why not TD? tongue.gif
Rampastring
How about both? I love them both about as much, the topic starter just asked about playing TS wink2.gif

(Although instead of playing TD I'd prefer playing DTA, it's the same expect that it has hi-res and proper AI players)
Scorch
Or my RA2 zombie mod?

(Which has only has about 50+ new civilian units and only 3 military units. tongue.gif)

*Meaning it isn't done. smile.gif
Tore
QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Feb 23 2009, 04:30 PM) *
(Although instead of playing TD I'd prefer playing DTA, it's the same expect that it has hi-res and proper AI players)

AI players can be coded in TD and TD has a high res mode. tongue.gif

I like TD better than DTA
(Working Chinooks, can train more than one Commando, buildings facing the right way, easier to dodge things with bikes and it's free. tongue.gif)
(Incase you are going to awnser "But DTA is free too!" not entirely, you still need TS for it.)

But Bittahs TS mod is good. biggrin.gif
Laro24
Why not all classic Westwood games? Damned Westwood is still my favorite game company. but it's over, we no see more Westwood anymore. F*cking EA games have too much monny. :(
Tore
QUOTE (Laro24 @ Feb 23 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Why not all classic Westwood games?

Yay Dune 2!!! Wait....it doesn't have MP.
Laro24
QUOTE (Tore @ Feb 23 2009, 06:53 PM) *
Yay Dune 2!!! Wait....it doesn't have MP.

TD? TS? Red Alert? And Yuri's Revenge? And maybe Renegade? dance.gif
Tore
What about C&C95, Red Alert, (Sole Survivor,) Dune 2000 and Tiberian Sun? tongue.gif
Laro24
I already said Tiberian Sun, TS. And I more like Tiberium Universe then Red alert. smile.gif
Tore
Red Alert 1 = "Tiberium Universe" tongue.gif
Laro24
QUOTE (Tore @ Feb 23 2009, 09:56 PM) *
Red Alert 1 = "Tiberium Universe" tongue.gif

So there is Tiberium in Red Alert 1? tongue.gif
Tore
No, there is no tiberium in RA1 tongue.gif

Red Alert 1950's -> Tiberian Dawn 1995
Laro24
Ohh, my bro played those games. I remember Tiberian Dawn had great music. My first Westwood game I played was Red Alert 2. Then I played Tiberian Sun. So I get fan of Westwood! dance.gif
St0rm
QUOTE (Laro24 @ Feb 23 2009, 02:32 PM) *
Ohh, my bro played those games. I remember Tiberian Dawn had great music. My first Westwood game I played was Red Alert 2. Then I played Tiberian Sun. So I get fan of Westwood! dance.gif

WTF I JUST WANT MORE PEOPLE ON TS AGGHHHHGGHGH that is all
Tore
I'm up for C&C1 (Tiberian Dawn) on hamachi, just add me on MSN. tongue.gif
Laro24
Or Xfire. smile.gif
Tore
I don't use XFire tongue.gif
Rampastring
QUOTE (Tore)
What about C&C95, Red Alert, (Sole Survivor,) Dune 2000 and Tiberian Sun? tongue.gif

And Emperor: Battle for Dune? biggrin.gif
I'm up for C&C1 (Tiberian Dawn) on hamachi, just add me on MSN.

I prefer Xfire because it has an in-game chat feature for some games, so you don't need to alt+tab out of the game to send a message.

Also, if I'm playing games while running MSN I often don't hear the message sound. However with the coming winter holiday for us Finns I think we could play a game or two someday.
QUOTE (Tore)
AI players can be coded in TD and TD has a high res mode.

But the AI players don't get an MCV in the start.. roll.gif

And with TS I can customize my resolution, in TD it's either 640x480 or 1024x768 (and even with the higher res you have only 4 building and 4 unit icons in the sidebar.. and as far as I remember it had some other bugs too).
QUOTE (St0rm)
WTF I JUST WANT MORE PEOPLE ON TS AGGHHHHGGHGH that is all

I know that off-topicness can be really annoying sometimes, but I already said that..
QUOTE (^Rampastein)
If someone would host a Hamachi network for playing TS and enough people would be interested I could participate.

QUOTE (Laro24)
And Yuri's Revenge? And maybe Renegade?

I like RA1, but RA2.. meh. And Renegade is about the worst FPS I have ever played (everyone takes about 1 000 000 headshots to kill)
Tore
QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Feb 24 2009, 03:59 PM) *
But the AI players don't get an MCV in the start.. roll.gif

Did I say anything about using the "default" AI? tongue.gif
Laro24
Well, Renegade has A good Multiplayer mode. And yeah, I prever Xfire too. tongue.gif
Threve
Wait I thought this is how it happended. Red alert 1. If the soviets win then kane kills Stalin and stuff then he takes over. After that amount of time it goes to 1995 where tiberian dawn happens.
NextToNothing
QUOTE (^Rampastein @ Feb 23 2009, 03:53 PM) *

XWIS fails in tranferring maps and.. it also has some other problems.
Good idea bout the Hamachi thing

We ahould all start playing TS again. Its a good Classic and lots of people like it. Thats somrthing i do know. I remember whe there used to be loads of people on TS. There was always too meny people to play games with... Only if it was like that now...
CommanderSpartan
2 month bump? Well it isn't as bad as the year old bumps, but still, look at the dates.
Rampastring
QUOTE (NextToNothing @ Jul 13 2009, 03:58 PM) *
We ahould all start playing TS again. Its a good Classic and lots of people like it. Thats somrthing i do know. I remember whe there used to be loads of people on TS. There was always too meny people to play games with... Only if it was like that now...

Yeah, but TS can get old, especially the base game. Right now I mostly play a personal mod of mine and DTA in Hamachi with some friends (although I'm looking for some of the upcoming mods).
2 month bump? Well it isn't as bad as the year old bumps, but still, look at the dates.

Well, the TS Discussion section has been quite inactive, so I don't think it's that bad.
Aztek985
I'd love to play Tiberian Sun online again. Can't remember the last time I did because it wouldn't work with my router. Never thought of trying Hamachi though ... confused.gif
CommanderSpartan
I want to play online, but I never figured out how to use xwis, keeps confusing me as to what I have to do.
Rampastring
Well, it's generally more fun to just organize multiplayer games with your friends or people from communities like this and play with Hamachi.

I've never played TS against those random people in the TS lobby, but I've heard that they only play some flat rock maps. Nowadays I can't play on XWIS because my copy of The First Decade has a misprint so I have a Red Alert 2 cd-key in the place of the TS cd-key (so, I have two RA2 cd-keys and 0 TS cd-keys roll.gif ).

And in last autumn the XWIS staff changed the systems so that TS can't be played online with RA2 cd-keys.

I've already told Olaf about it, and he contacted EA support about three months ago but he never got a reply. Just what I expected from EA.
0warfighter0
Actually, I'd like to have a C&C 1 game online! (never played it online before)
Revolutionary
You could use hamachi or you could use CnC Net to play CnC 1 online cool.gif

http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?board=71.0
(hosted at cnc communications)
Rampastring
I still prefer DTA over C&C95.. it really isn't much different, it just has more options for multiplayer (and supports custom resolutions, keyboard shortcuts and many other things).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.