Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In need of some good music videos
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
Crash
Hello users of TiberiumWeb!

I'm wondering whether you know som good music videos that are in the genre rock/metal and/or subgenres. I'm having a school project about this, and I can't find a proper music video to start analyzing.

I also gotta analyze a music video that's from someone I don't usually listen to, but that will be easy to find out (genres like Pop and RnB, which are uuber mainstream).

Yours truly
Crash aka. Fredrik
Nod Strike
Hysteria, by Muse, although I can't seem to find the music video on Youtube, so here's Google videos:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4322794610840087554
jadems
Dude.

Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=EsZYqaSc4cU
Ixith
Now...this all depends on what you call a good music video...

Do you want something that's an actual music video with all the editing done and what not or does concerts recorded live count?

Meh I'll provide a little bit of both to bands that are just kinda out of there...

A live recording Pyschobilly
Communication Breakdown (Live) by Mad Sin

Another Pyschobilly band.
Rot in Hell by Nekromantix

A ska music video...so genre is 3rd Wave Ska
Over the Edge by Mustard Plug

A more metal/ Shock metal genre band's music video.
Immortal Corrupter by GWAR

Mainsteam 'Punk'
This is the End (For you My Friend) by Anti-Flag

Another punk band...
Just like Clock Work by Lower Class Brats

Older Punk/ Pop Punk...you might recognize this song...actually if you don't I should slap you...
Rock the Casbah by The Clash

A Rock band which Joe Strummer was a part of in his later years. (Joe Strummer was the main guy of The Clash for those that don't know.)
Johnny Appleseed by Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros

Another Rock one...
Nobody's Hero by Rush

A Two-Tone Ska band...their music videos are just funny...so is a lot of their music actually.
Baggy Trousers by Madness

A Spanish 3rd Wave ska band
Welcome to Hell by Ska-P

A Rock/Rap group. (One of Tim Armstrong's many groups. Tim is mainly known from the band Rancid.)
DJ DJ by The Transplants

An interesting band...on their myspace it lists them as "Punk / Electro / Ghettotech" They also aren't really a big band at all. In fact they are more of a garage band. My brother's band has played with them several times at that. And the link is a live performance on a live public access TV thing which I think is actually a kid's show...not sure...but they only play for the first 2 1/2 minutes about...figure i'd add them because they are quite interesting...
Dead Living by Parsley Flakes

Anyways...I figured i'd provide a good list of videos of bands that aren't really heard of that much. Well...besides GWAR, The Clash, and Rush most of these bands aren't heard of too much.
Also hope that this might help you in some way. If I had to suggest which ones to use to analyze it would be the Rush one because Rush's lyrics are pretty outspoken, thoughtful and just plain out awesome. Another one would be the Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros one for pretty much the same reason. smile.gif
Crash
Now...this all depends on what you call a good music video...

I'm not really sure, but it's probably the objectival views that matter here. I think I like music videos that are based on the lyrics, and has a setting similar to what the song is about.

Thanks for the list, I will look later today, I gotta run for school now. smile.gif
wondle_donkey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW1toLy_FMQ&
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.