Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floating Bridge
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
insulfrog
I have played on one of the skirmish/multiplayer maps I have downloaded (I can't remember which one though) and I destroyed the bridge supports and I left with this : -

Click to view attachment

I thought to myself, " lol.gif I think this bridge is defying the laws of gravity tongue.gif ".
Scorch
Blasphemy!

What have you done?! tongue.gif
Shakar
Lol, now that is un-expected. You'd think once the supports were destroyed, the overlay of the bridge between them would be gone tongue.gif
I_Am
Did you manually add the bridge overlay, without using the bridge tool? That would cause TS to just see it as pieces of overlay and not a bridge.
Shakar
He doesn't know, I_Am, he said it was a map he downloaded. But that could be the problem.
Team Black
Well, this I haven't seen before. Someone messed up the trusses somehow
ORCACommander
well this can happen 2 ways as a i see the one mentioned above and someone spanning the hole length with the bridge tool instead of going support to support.
Ixith
hmm haven't seen that happen with the big bridges...i know it happens with the low bridges though. Provided the low bridges don't have the supports like the big bridges.

But the map I do believe is a DaTS map. And if it's the one I'm thinking it is, he did have problems with the bridge being too long for awhile though I thought he had fixed that in the end. Not to mention the only problem that the too long of a high bridge causes, that I ever ran into anyways, was that it doesn't allow the full bridge to be repaired. If I cared enough about modding/mapping still and if I had enough time I would look at it. But right now there is a severe lack in both of those.

and someone spanning the hole length with the bridge tool instead of going support to support.

well the only problem I see with that is that the big bridge logic has it blow the hell out of the section if you blow up one part and then blow up another part. confused.gif Though perhaps the supports being there but not used might effect that...
KingByng
I believe the only appropriate response is "WTF?"
Roani52
WTF, Hahaha!
Orac
Other than that malfunction, the map actually looks quite good, imo.
But, this is about a floating bridge - something that I have encountered (In the TS campaign, actually. When capturing the radio station for Nod).

Well, I guess that 'WTF?!' is right.
I_Am
I just tired it out, and if you manually place the overlay for the bridge, but don't make it a bridge with FS, this happens. It happens when the bridge overlay is there, but there is no code to tell TS that its all a bridge. So I think TS just acts like each piece is its own bridge.
Crimsonum
QUOTE (I_Am @ Jan 21 2009, 03:08 AM) *
I just tired it out, and if you manually place the overlay for the bridge, but don't make it a bridge with FS, this happens. It happens when the bridge overlay is there, but there is no code to tell TS that its all a bridge. So I think TS just acts like each piece is its own bridge.

Or there's some code left out of the map that tells the game to connect the overlay pieces, if you don't use the bridge tool.

Oh, and what are those black lines at the bottom of the destroyed bridge supports?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.