Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: X66 Mammoth Tank WPs
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > The Graphics Fridge
Lin Kuei Ominae
I posted already similar versions on PPM, though not all used already the final 3d-model there.
So here some render from my X66 Mammoth Tank done in 3dsmax.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
some wallpaper with a bit more detailed background
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

P.S. damn, i really missed TibWebs possibilities to neatly arrange attachments and the nice auto-preview-picture-resize
Aro
Aztek985
Wow nice work!
The DvD
Kick ass.. is it gonna be a voxel or a SHP?
Crimsonum
QUOTE (The DvD @ Jan 16 2009, 07:06 PM) *
Kick ass.. is it gonna be a voxel or a SHP?

Its just 4 fun.
Lin Kuei Ominae
yep, it was just for fun, even though i made a 3ds2vxl conversion on ppm.
But since i wanted to have a high resolution image of the mammoth ever since TD, i recreated the mammoth in 3dsmax using all official pictures i could find. Though unfortunately i haven't found many in a higher resolution showing some additional details, which would allow me to improve the tracks or add some other details.
But in the end i'm still quite pleased with the result. biggrin.gif

Oh and if we once have Hypers new patch for TS, allowing to add SHP units with 32 facings, i'm sure i will make a SHP of this one.

P.S.: if someone has any suggestions how i could improve this, please let me know. I could actually imagine to keep on working on this one until it looks like a photorealistic render, even though i've never done a photorealistic render before.

\EDIT
one step closer to a more photorealistic version
Click to view attachment
Aro
Wow, that's definitely a good contestant against Stingerr's Apocalypse tank.
The DvD
Woa. Impressive smile.gif

If you want to make it look more realistic, it will have to look less 'clean', by the way.
Lin Kuei Ominae
good point. I'll add dust and dirt on the hull in the next version.
so far i've only improved a bit the 3d-model with some more details and mainly focused on a much better lighting, which took the most time. (You can see in this the result of reading 6 lighting tutorials. lol.gif )
If i finally have a quite realistic render i'll also render a SHP version just to have a look how it would be in ingame size. With this advanced lighting it should look much better than the original units. Maybe i'll then use this lighting and the new textures for all my future SHP's.
Roani52
WOW, THIS LOOKS AWESOME.
(yea, worth the caps)
Nod Strike
Very awesome!

Blackhand to add a picture, upload a pic to photobucket then go to your album and find the picture you want. Then put your curser over it and several links will come up. Cop and paste the one here labled [IMG]
SMIFFGIG
wow! dance.gif

Looks better than the Mammoth tank from the TD FMV's cool.gif
Lin Kuei Ominae
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that you like it. smile.gif

Even if i hadn't much time in the recent time to work further on the mammoth, i still have some unreleased pictures you.
The first one is from a different angle, with only one barrel lifted. (also added some small details to the front and improved the lighting with Indirect Illumination)
On the second one i tried to create the typical TS sky. Unfortunately do i have great problems with the new better lighting and the custom sky, which results in too dark shadows under the tank. I still haven't found the perfect solution for this.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Nintyuk
If and when you make a in game version these images could make great cameo images or loading screens
Scorch
Wow, that's a nice tank. biggrin.gif
KingByng
Wow, great job! thumbup.gif
SMIFFGIG
btw what program do you use LKO, max, maya or other ?
Lin Kuei Ominae
QUOTE (Nintyuk @ Mar 18 2009, 10:25 AM) *
If and when you make a in game version these images could make great cameo images or loading screens

yep, that shouldn't be a problem. I also had the idea to create a short movie showing the tank in action. Damn, i really wish i would have a one year long holiday to finish all the things which i've started.

QUOTE (SMIFFGIG @ Mar 19 2009, 12:01 AM) *
btw what program do you use LKO, max, maya or other ?

3dsmax6
Roani52
Any specific reason why you use 3DS Max 6?
I use 3DS Max 9, those other are DX10 afaik.
Lin Kuei Ominae
because i have a legal copy of it wink1.gif
Roani52
Ah... that might be the reason.... Cough...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.