Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new Rig
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
ORCACommander
Hey all I got myself a new computer and built it by myself from scratch.
This is all of what I bought http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWi...Number=13934067
I got a mouse keyboard and monitor from an old hp pavillion my mom had. Interested in pics? here they are http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/amas...mputer%20Build/

My most taxing games atm are UT III and Company of Heroes. I have not tested UT III ingame yet but COH at highest settings with 4x AA never drops below 45 FPS

I have OCed the proc to 3.2 gigs and the gfx is 700/1728/1000
Team Black
nice one, dude. I still have to get a sexy graphics card, then mine will be complete
Crimsonum
Get shocked and cry your eyes out:

Case - Antec Nine Hundred Gaming Case

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 3.00 GHz

Display Controller - AMD ATI Radeon HD 4870

Power Supply - Corsair VX550 550w

Motherboard - ASUS P5Q Pro

Cooling System - Some 4+ 120mm fans, one gigantic 200mm mounted on top of the case. Oh and one Cooler Master’s GeminII.

These are some of the parts of my superior computer. biggrin.gif
Wess
notting like building your own rig is there BloodReign wink1.gif

@Crimsonum thats it? tongue.gif

granted, i have more money to spend then you school going peeps.

-Antec P180
-Apacer 4x 1024mb DDR3 pc1333
-Be Quiet straight power 700watt
-Eminent 3.5 Internal Cardreader EM1059
-Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 280 1000mb GDDR3 VGA
-Gigabyte X48T-DQ6
-Gigabyte-Volar-CPU-Cooler
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
-Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
-Samsung 750GB SATA2 32mb cache
-Samsung Super WriteMaster
-Western Digital Raptor 74GB harddisk SATA 10000RPM

Aztek985
My computer is too ... blushing.gif

As soon as I get the extra cash I want to upgrade it.
Slender Mang
Damn you and your moneys!
Roani52
My Computer:

1,75 TB HDD space:

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio

An outdated (yea, it's old) 8600GTS. I want to get an GTX295, got the money, not the permission of my dad ("whats wrong with your current one?")

To be more exact, I've more then €1000, which will be more then US$1300

Other specs:
Core 2 Duo e6320 OC to 2,8 GHz (1,86 stock)
ASUS P5N-e SLI
2 GB DDR2-800 4-4-4-15 2T
500W PSU
Some crappy stock intel cooler which is able to keep my CPU at 55 C stable confused.gif

Tore
pfff your computers are inferior to mine!!

Behold!

Prosesor: Intel Pentium 4 ??? Ghz
Power Supply: No important enough to list tongue.gif
RAM: [insert brand name here] 1 GB DDR?
Graphics card: nvidia GeForce 7900 ???
Motherboard: [unknown]

if that wasn't enough!

I will tell you about my epic laptop it has a Pentium 2! or something.....
ORCACommander
@tore rofl. @roani just but it and if your board can support it a quadcore.
The DvD
Still got the most impressive case i see biggrin.gif

But the rest is horribly outdated now..
Crimsonum
@DVD: Hah! Just look at my case (scroll above). Fans with dark-blue neon lights FTW.
Roani52
Mine's isn't horribly outdated, mobo supports quad core. Board sucks tough. Won't support any FSB's higher then 400 confused.gif
And only 4 SATA, I won't keep this long... got to eat tongue.gif
Aztek985
QUOTE (The DvD @ Jan 16 2009, 11:59 AM) *
Still got the most impressive case i see biggrin.gif

But the rest is horribly outdated now..

What case is that? Is it an Antec?
Von Kriplespac
Brace for tears.

CM Stacker 830 Case
Corsair 750 Watt PSU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.5 GHz)
ASUS P5E Deluxe
6GBs of RAM (G.Skill RAM and SUPERTALENT RAM)
Dual ATI Radeon 4850 in Crossfire (With aftermarket coolers)
Dual Seagate 500 GB hard drives
Dual DVD-RW Drives w/ Lightscribe
Eight case fans

Edit: Oh, and a Compaq MV540 monitor...tis be a ancient, but good monitor. XD
The DvD
QUOTE (Python @ Jan 16 2009, 07:16 PM) *
What case is that? Is it an Antec?

It's a Coolermaster Stacker smile.gif

I personally don't like neon lights at all, infact the power LED already annoys me smile.gif
Aztek985
All my stuff is currently in a HP Media Center PC case, however I took out the HP media bay and the empty CD slot plate to improve air flow a bit.

I want to take all my components and move them into an Antec 300 case, with new Power Supply and Graphics Card. My current case, this caused by a bad fan on my Radeon X1650, is so loud! mad.gif

I_Am
Current rig:
Case : Thermaltake Armor
Motherboard : ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
CPU : Phenom 9950 BLACK EDITION Agena @ 3.2GHz
GFX : Single ASUS EAH4870X2
RAM : 8 GB of GSKILL DDR2 800 (Had 16GB but 2 sticks died @ 1100MHz CAS 4 3.2V.)
HD : 2x 150GB VelociRaptors and 2x 1TB WD Caviars
PSU : Koolance 1700W
And a complete liquid cooling system. Everything except the RAM/HD/Disk Drives are liquid cooled.
Roani52
Oh, well... it seems I forgot my monitor:
Samsung SyncMaster 206 BW. Have no picture of it tough confused.gif
Slender Mang
QUOTE (Von Kriplespac @ Jan 16 2009, 01:41 PM) *
Brace for tears.

CM Stacker 830 Case
Corsair 750 Watt PSU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.5 GHz)
ASUS P5E Deluxe
6GBs of RAM (G.Skill RAM and SUPERTALENT RAM)
Dual ATI Radeon 4850 in Crossfire (With aftermarket coolers)
Dual Seagate 500 GB hard drives
Dual DVD-RW Drives w/ Lightscribe
Eight case fans

Edit: Oh, and a Compaq MV540 monitor...tis be a ancient, but good monitor. XD

Just how much did that cost you? I know G.Skill has some good and non-expensive RAM.
ChielScape
hmm, i never posted my rig update here... but this forum isnt really active enough to visit more than a few times a year... >.>

Case: Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80
CPU: Q6600 @ 3,7 GHz
Cooling: Water: Magicool MC, Laing DDC3.2 w/ XSPC Restop, Black Ice GTX480 w/ 4x Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM
Mobo: ASUS Maximus II Formula w/ 3GB RAM
GFX: still my beloved 8800GTX
PSU: 1000W PCP&C TurboCool
HDD: 2x 500GB, not RAIDed.
Nod Strike
Mines better.

ORCACommander
it lacks a kitchen
Wess
and toilet paper.
Nod Strike
It hurts just to scroll up in this thread. lol.gif

Anyway. I don't know what my specs are, lol.

But it's pretty powerful. That's all xD
daTSchikinhed
I'll post the specs of my non-functioning rig. (Has a bad motheboard. ECS is sh*t. don't get it)

Case: Raidmax Sagitta (black & Silver)
CPU: AMD Athlon 6400+ Black Edition
Cooling: 6 case fans, plus it's mounted next to the Air conditioning unit in my barracks room smile.gif
Mobo: ECS Nforce 6M-A (sh*t ALERT!)
GFX: 8800 GTS (640MB)
RAM: 2x 2GB Corsiar Ballistix ram.
PSU: BFG 650w
HDD: Western Digital 80 GB IDE drive (has all my old files on it dating back to 1998), Seagate 320 GB SATA (new, just formatted only has OS on it)
Moniter is a 19" LG Scarlet (the pride and joy of my computer. I love this moniter)

Laptop though, is just weird.
HP Vavilion DV6700
AMD Turion X2 64bit Processor 2.00 GHz
3 GB RAM
320 GB HDD
NVIDIA MC P67M Video Card (pretty sh*tty)

if it wasn't for the sh*tty video card, it would be a descent computer.
But it's pretty well built. And it's got a built in webcam, which is pretty important to me, seeing as I'm taking this thing to Iraq with me, and the webcam will help my morale by seeing my family. wink1.gif
ORCACommander
hey dats just thought of something make sure you set the jumper on the ide drive to slave. comps try and boot from ide hard drives for some reason unless set to slave.
ChielScape
LOL, amd... XD
Sir Modsalot
Cooler Master ATCS 840
Core 2 Duo E6320
Intel DP35DP motherboard
Enermax Liberty 400w modular power supply
BFG GeForce 9600GT
Asus 18x DVD burner
Asus Xonar DX sound card
320GB Seagate Barracuda boot drive
640GB Seagate storage drive
2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 5-5-5-15 1.8v (has to be like that to work with the board)
Stock cooling in all areas, unless you count the Zerotherm GX815 my video card came with; I sort-of consider that stock...

I'll have pics up sometime in the middle of next week; my case is at a shop in town right now getting a full interior and back-panel powder coat, as well as the LED/switch leads and fan cables sleeved in black. The powder coat will be in flat black with a protectorate that will give it a sort of anodized sheen, killing 2 birds with one stone (protecting the powder coat itself as well as a less-dull black look to it).

I'm asking for a Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme fan controller and a pair of San Ace 1011 fans for my birthday, one of them will be mounted on the lower spot of the back of the hard drive cage, the second will be mounted in the interior floor intake position just behind the cage. Those fans are very expensive and harder to find than mainstream rap that makes sense; due to the latter, where I have found those fans in stock will be a very close secret; I may want more later. The reason they're expensive and hard to find is because they are THE best 12cm fans you can get, period. I'd post more details but it'd probably be really boring; ask if you want to know anyway.

Some time after my birthday I'll toss in new internals consisting of;

Foxconn Blood Rage X58 motherboard
Core i7 920 CPU with the Xigmatek Thor's Hammer cooler with OCZ Freeze Extreme thermal paste, running push-pull cooling (haven't decided on what fans to use for that just yet)
250GB Seagate Barracuda boot drive
1.5TB Seagate Barracuda storage drive (to compliment the 640GB which will be moved over)
eVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 55nm
Silverstone Element ST75EF 750w power supply - assuming I didn't get it for my b-day
OCZ 3GB (3x1GB) DDR3 1333MHz kit
Asus 20x DRW-20B1LT DVD burner

It'll look great, stay VERY cool, and perform even better.

Edit; reading back through the thread...

QUOTE (Roani52 @ Jan 15 2009, 02:10 PM) *
An outdated (yea, it's old) 8600GTS. I want to get an GTX295, got the money, not the permission of my dad ("whats wrong with your current one?")

To be more exact, I've more then €1000, which will be more then US$1300

Other specs:
Core 2 Duo e6320 OC to 2,8 GHz (1,86 stock)
ASUS P5N-e SLI
2 GB DDR2-800 4-4-4-15 2T
500W PSU
Some crappy stock intel cooler which is able to keep my CPU at 55 C stable confused.gif

That power supply won't cut it for a 295, and the CPU might bottleneck it. Message me on MSN when possible and I'll help work something out there.
Roani52
Yeah, I know. But since I have the moneys for 2 GTX295s, a new PSU won't be a problem tongue.gif
It doesn't have a 8-pin PCIe connector, which is required for all High-End GPUs (which suck up power).
And I wanna get an i7, but well... I won't get permission for that either. And otherwise, my next CPU is going to be an Sandy or Ivy bridge (core 'i8').
8 Cores by default jump.gif devil.gif
The DvD
Is there any reason why you would want a GTX295 with the games you play?

With the monitor you have (226BW right?) 1680x1050 will be your maximum resolution.. a card like the Radeon HD 4850 or maybe even a Geforce 9800GTX+ will play all games on that resolution with anti-aliasing too. Unless you're talking Crysis.. which runs shit on every system.
Roani52
lol... 206BW, still maximum resolution is the same. And I've already played Crysis tongue.gif
Of course there's the 'coolness'-factor, and for future games. I have done 1,5 years with this 8600GTS, and well... not good enough for much games (I want EVERYTHING at high).
I think the GTX295 will do for at least a few years.
Sir Modsalot
QUOTE (Roani52 @ Jan 31 2009, 02:32 AM) *
It doesn't have a 8-pin PCIe connector, which is required for all High-End GPUs (which suck up power).

Not really. The only graphics cards that require an 8-pin are the GTX 295, GTX 280, and Radeon HD4870X2. The 55nm GeForce GTX285 and GTX260 only need 2 6-pin connectors; same with the Radeon HD4850X2. Even after all that, graphics power requirements are quite exaggerated these days. It's entirely possible for my 400 watt Liberty to run a 9800GTX+ if I wanted and stay stable; it provides 40 amps combined and has the necessary dual PCI-e power connectors, something that no other 400 watt PSU has. That is, unless I also wanted to step up to a 90+-watt quad core.
ChielScape
sir, make sure to get the very latest firmware for that 1.5TB. the prior to last instabricks it, and the one before that bricks it over a fewm weeks-months.
Sir Modsalot
You act like I pay no attention to OCN's news posts; of course I know to update the firmware for it.
The DvD
Roani, i stil think the GTX295 might be a pretty bad investment, especially for future games. On ultra-high settings it is already losing to the 6 month-older Radeon 4870X2. The smaller amount of video memory and nVidia's inferior memory management seems to blame. Also, history has shown that dual GPU solutions tend to be outperformed by newer and usually cheaper single GPU solutions as time passes and newer games are released. I think your best option at the moment is a Radeon 4870 with 1 GB. Or if you can find a good deal on a GTX280, that would be fine too. Their price has fallen significantly since the introduction of the slightly faster GTX285.
Roani52
First of all, I need to convince my dad that I actually DO need (well... want, but that doesn't matter) a new GFX.
I'm not feeling much for Chiel's method:
"1: disconnect VGA fan
2: play crysis at high
3: ???
4: PROFIT!"
ChielScape
still think its a good method. you could also try the power cable and show it doesnt boot tongue.gif
Sir Modsalot
QUOTE (The DvD @ Feb 3 2009, 12:26 PM) *
On ultra-high settings it is already losing to the 6 month-older Radeon 4870X2. The smaller amount of video memory and nVidia's inferior memory management seems to blame.

Only in Fallout 3 and high-res 3DMark Vantage tests have I seen the GTX295 lose to the Radeon 4870X2. I might also mention that the frame buffer on the 4870X2 can only be accessed by one GPU at a time, so it's simply mirrored between them. This means you can only effectively use 1GB of the X2's frame buffer. nVidia doesn't have inferior memory management, they simply realize that GDDR3 still has more than enough power to handle any of today's apps/games. Maybe in the new GTX3** series nVidia will move to GDDR5 but until they do, GDDR3 will do just fine. Also remember that driver updates will always mean a 2-5 frame per second difference in some games; I have a rule of thumb that official video card reviews involve testing with drivers that are at least 2 versions older than the newest ones available at the time the review is actually published, which means anywhere from a 3-10 frame per second margin of error in the reviews versus picking up a card and immediately updating it to the newest driver set.
ChielScape
QUOTE (Sir Modsalot @ Feb 6 2009, 09:26 PM) *
I might also mention that the frame buffer on the 4870X2 can only be accessed by one GPU at a time, so it's simply mirrored between them.

this happens to NV's SLI-on-a-stick just as well as ATI's X-fire-on-a-stick. the 295 still has just half of what its got actually available and this will be the case untill either uses Hydra on their dualGPU cards.
Roani52
QUOTE (ChielScape @ Feb 4 2009, 09:04 PM) *
still think its a good method. you could also try the power cable and show it doesnt boot tongue.gif
I assume you mean the PCIe cable?

Oh, and another problem with the GTX295 is that it is in fact SLI, and SLI and multi monitor doesn't work in XP (probably because of the same reason why DX10 won't work in XP).
A friend of me has this problem. So, I might say something not completely true, if so, correct me.
ChielScape
QUOTE (Roani52 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:55 PM) *
I assume you mean the PCIe cable?

Oh, and another problem with the GTX295 is that it is in fact SLI, and SLI and multi monitor doesn't work in XP (probably because of the same reason why DX10 won't work in XP).
A friend of me has this problem. So, I might say something not completely true, if so, correct me.

hurrrrr durrrrrrr, use vista >_>
The DvD
QUOTE (Sir Modsalot @ Feb 6 2009, 09:26 PM) *
nVidia doesn't have inferior memory management, they simply realize that GDDR3 still has more than enough power to handle any of today's apps/games.

They do. The memory type has nothing to do with the memory management. That's a driver thing. At this moment, nVidia's drivers just need a bit more video memory to draw the same scenes as ATi's drivers. There's also a difference with swapping, i believe. Anyway, it's not really important.. Both options are useless for Roani.

QUOTE (Roani52 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:55 PM) *

SLI works just fine in XP, however nVidia might not pay much attention to their XP drivers anymore, since the benchmarks sites all use Vista. So for the newest games, SLi support might come later on XP compared to Vista.
Roani52
Maybe I should give it another try, installing Vista...
(The black taskbar is cool, I use windowblinds to give my XP a Vista skin... Downside: Performance suffers of windowblinds, time to find a Vista skin for StyleXP)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.