Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how do you use the west wood chat thing?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Dawn > TD Discussion
deadthank
i recently got westwood chat and how do you use it? its the new one of course, but it doesnt recognise me having any games installed and the place i got it from said it worked with T.F.S.
(the first decade) so, what did i do wrong or what should i do? (edit) i mean westwood online.
Tore
Westwood Chat ONLY works with Red Alert (1) and Tiberian Dawn (and Sole Survivor in the past), Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 have their own built in game lobbys.
deadthank
i know that, tore but i tried playing it on c&c dawn and red alert 1 and it says "game not installed"
what is wrong? i put the red alert and tiberium dawn in the westwood folder and the same message appears, is it to do with windows vista? ermm.gif
Tore
Try to run it as adminstrator it solves a lot of problems with "old software".
deadthank
it still doesnt work, its allmost definetly vista. cursing.gif thanks for the help anyways! notworthy.gif
deadthank
it turns out that you have to run it as well as ww chat for it to work, but i dont have the right ports unblocked. i treid to un block te ports 5000-5050 but it wont let me. i hate eircom (my broadband provider)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.