Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tiberium lifeforms
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
0warfighter0
You know, it are always dangeraus tiberium lifeforms. Why? Why don't create a tiberium creature that doesn't harm you? just wandering in tiberium forests?
Attacking trees with an attack animation that it's eating from the tree?

What do you think about this?
Nintyuk
like some kind of mutated deer? really good idea!
It could nibble at the ground for a stand by animation and such.

lets hear some other comments?
Lin Kuei Ominae
That's a good idea, like many others have posted before.
But the problem was that no one ever realised them.
0warfighter0
hmm.gif They did? Hmm... Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard. I tryed to draw a concept but it was kinda EPIC FAIL (dog dinosaur pet or something laugh.gif ) so if someone could draw a good concept it would be great!
A mutated deer? I think that sounds good.
Lin Kuei Ominae
i meant, that many others before posted good ideas, but without any final shp/vxl unit as the result of their ideas. It wasn't especially your idea, but everything from harmless, flying/subterranean, unselectable to immune tiberium lifeforms. wink1.gif
But i wish you good luck at creating the shp from the concept. SHP artists needs this world! biggrin.gif
Nintyuk
ill have a go at a concept a bit later,
after I've sorted out a decent pen ect.. every thing like that is kinda every were cause its been the hols for me
0warfighter0
Ok, lets do it!

BTW LKO you mean the Dune II worm in PPM forums don't you? tongue.gif
jadems
LOL, Eye candy!
I started playing Age of Empires 2 and looked up mods for it, there's so much eyecandy in there.

See, if TS got more eyecandy, think of people roleplaying the map instead of playing it XD
CommanderSpartan
I have an idea for you, why not make the creature a harvester making it look like its eating tiberium and when its full it would return to its den (aka refinery).
0warfighter0
Then it needs to be unselecteble as if selected you'd see how much it can stil "eat" (harvest)
But it's a good idea...
Rampastring
Then it needs to be unselecteble as if selected you'd see how much it can stil "eat" (harvest)

Not as long as you don't own the "unit" (the creature in this case). And since the creature would be on the neutral side you would not own the unit and you couldn't see how much it can harvest.
0warfighter0
Yes, you're right

@Nintyuk: How's the concept working out?
Nintyuk
Gah this is all I got so far:

I thought that to stop the creature from becoming a dis-proportioned dinomon mess thing it would be best to work out a realistic deer base then modify or enhance it to create a new tiberium creature.
Updates for Friday or sooner if I have the time

Edit:
colourised version
0warfighter0
k, k now we have the normal and from normal now to mutated, right?
Nintyuk
QUOTE (0warfighter0 @ Aug 26 2008, 10:41 PM) *
k, k now we have the normal and from normal now to mutated, right?

yes, but ive got other things that are taking up my time ATM so it might be Friday by the time get round to doing any more

ps: things all ways look better on paper with pencil than after transferring it to screen mellow.gif
0warfighter0
Take your time, if the project is rushed it'l be of bad quality. thumbup.gif
Scorch
Ahh, the easy part is the concept. When you SHP it, it's going to be hours of agony and boredom.
0warfighter0
Yep, that's true. It'll be worth it though ... sly.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.