Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to install new weapons?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
abyss
Hi, I've got a relatively simple issue with regards to installation of custom weapons in tiberian sun. I hope you guys can help me out smile.gif.

I've just downloaded several shp. files and may i know how to install these files in tiberian sun? Does it mean that after installation these items will appear in the buildmenu based on the tech levels they were intended for?

Also how do i make the names of these custom weapons appear in the various dropdown menus(e.g. vehicles, infantry, buildings) for finalsun map editor?

Thanks.
Lin Kuei Ominae
you have to edit the rules.ini and art.ini so the game knows how to handle the shps.
In addition you have to put SHPs in a ecacheXX.mix (XX=number between 02-99) file, so the game can find them.

here is a tutorial for newbies

and here another one
abyss
Hey thanks man, but there's one more qns, how do i place these shp. into the ecache.mix because in final sun map editor the name of the unit appears but when i tried to place it on a map its invisible.
0warfighter0
Eight steps that change your life

1. Open MIX Editor
2. Click open and browse for your Ecachexx.mix file
3. Click insert and browse the units .shp
4. Click save
5. Click compress
6. Add your unit in the BEGINNING of the infantry section in art.ini
7. Add your unit to the list. For example: 56=NEWGUY in rules.ini
8. Add the units rules in the BOTTOM of the infantry section

Your mistake will probebly be that you added your units art in the END of the art.ini section
abyss
Thanks Owarfighter, i am almost there smile.gif.

There's kinda like a small issue, when i place the unit in the map from final sun[i could see the weapon's model in final sun], and when i load the game the new vehicle is in the map but i can't see it.

When i click on it i will be shown a hp bar and 4 small borders just like any unit and when i command it, it moves and shoots but i just can't see it on the map.
0warfighter0
I've got the same problem as you, my laser gate shows up in FinalSun but not in the game itself. I still think it's the art.ini but I wouldn't know what I do wrong, so I can't help you now, sorry...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.