Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little Question abuot Storyline
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
GameMaster0000
First About Tacitus

In TS
- GDI - Never get tacitus until end last mission.
- Nod - Try to get from scrin crash site by no sign of it. Until get it from mutant.

In FS
- GDI - Recover from Kodiac Crash and then receive second piece form temple.
- Nod - Receive from attack Mutant Outpost.

Question. This mean Tacitus is separate in 3 pieces 1st - Nod Temple,2nd - Temple in GDI mission 5 and 3rd - from mutant right?

Where is Jake Mcnile in FS is he died in Kodiac?

Funny question.
- Kodiac in GDI mission "Weather the storm" smaller than consyard but in FS mission is very big!! WTF!!
Shakar
Don't ask me why the Kodiak is small (Building wise) and big (Terrain wise). But from the way "E"vil "A"sses had it, it more of followed the GDI side of the story. For FS, both campaigns took place at the same time. Nod and GDI worked together temporarily to recover the Tacitus and used their combined might to crush CABAL, who apparently comes back in CnC3:KW (I was hoping he'd be back in CnC3 originally, not the expansion.) Thing is about FS, it's the same story, from two different views of the battle. One from Nod, and what they did, the other GDI and what they did. So they did get the Tacitus, by teaming up temporarily and cracked it's code. That's my theory atleast, which I think is right.
Nod Strike
Jake was probably executed and betrayed by Nod.

I think nod was a big 'What if' campaign, though it may have something to do with the whole RA2 time travel thing. Maybe they are in totally different dimentions. Maybe in one, Nod is winning, and in the other GDi is.
Bittah Commander
Well, in TS, the Nod campaign is also part of the story up 'till mission 8, while GDI's campaign is completely part of the story. In FS they're indeed both completely part of the story, only shown from a different perspective. The main differences between the GDI and Nod campaigns in TS is that from mission 9 and after are that in the Nod campaign, Nod destroys the GDI Mammoth Mk. II prototype, captures Hammerfest where they also capture McNeil's brother to get him to help them and they eventually destroy the Philadelphia with 3 ICBM missiles, while in the GDI campaign Hammerfest is eventually destroyed, McNeil's brother is killed in it as well and the Sonic Crystals are stolen from Hammerfest as well, but later on retrieved and finally GDI prevents Nod from launching the ICBM missiles at the Philadelphia, McNeil rescues Umagon from Kane, kills Kane and takes the Tacitus.

When the Kodiak crashed in Firestorm, McNeil supposedly died in it. The reason for this was that Westwood was having budget problems and had to scrap a lot of the original cast and they really also wanted to let the player be the commander just like in Tiberian Dawn, instead of having you play as McNeil, who really is GDI's commander in TS. So storywise I believe they never really intended for McNeil to die, but since they were forced to scrap him, they simply didn't mention what happened to McNeil and left it up to the player to make up what happened to McNeil.

The size of the Kodiak is indeed very different in TS and FS, although none of the buildings and units have a realistic size C&C.

Also, what you said about the Tacitus in your post is correct.
Arsenal 121
Minor issue with McNeil dying. He's present in the Novelization of C&C 3: Tiberium Wars as a Battle Commander for one of their Peacekeeping units. It could be said he was hospitalized for the duration of the Firestorm campaign due to injuries sustained in the crash.
Bittah Commander
Like I said, Westwood had to write McNeil off because of budget problems. However, for as far as I can tell they intentionally didn't make it clear McNeil died so the player could decide for himself what happened to McNeil.
Also, whatever happens in TW is irrelevant since it wasn't made by Westwood and EA deviates quite a bit from Westwood's story (so there are really 2 C&C stories; Westwood's and EA's).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.