Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS, RA2, GZH and Generals for Vista
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion
NodTrooper
I need to know how to get the games to work on my computer!
eXit
Absolutely nothing, what do ya know! They already work on it! When will people learn that Vista DOES play games, perhaps the only thing you need to do is set the Game.exe to open in administartion mode and set the compability mode, it won't bite your arms off.
Rampastring
Read this.

Scroll down to the Tiberian Sun section and follow the instructions.
Bittah Commander
I didn't really need to do anything and I don't get Waveclass errors (while keeping the detail level on High).
Dutchygamer
WaveClass errors can still happen on Vista (I have Vista, and they still happen)...
Anyways, as said, all C&C games will work on Vista (from TS and onwards you can use original, for TD/RA1 use TFD)
CommanderSpartan
Well I got a new computer, uninstalled Vista and Installed XP, I'm happy now.
Machine
Hmm I had to reinstall TS in windows 98/me compatibility mode (going to the installer on the disk and changing it's properties).
And I've never got any waveclass errors ever, not in windows 98, XP or Vista, weird isn't it?.
NodTrooper
My mother has a laptop with Vista on it. I tried all the tricks to put TS on there and none of them worked, it kept saying teh .dll were broken.
ORCACommander
well with gen/zh you will have to watch how hot the laptop gets as they n cause the lappy to overheat
Tore
QUOTE (Dutchygamer @ Jun 5 2008, 04:44 PM) *
(from TS and onwards you can use original, for TD/RA1 use TFD)

You don't have to use TFD for TD/RA1 just follow the instructions on how to make it work on XP....

@NodTrooper

Have you tried running them as adminstrator?
Clazzy
TD (well, C&C95) and RA should work with no problems, I installed RA on my mum's computer yesterday. Just make setup.exe (root directory on the CD) compatible with Windows 95 and run it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.