Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disruptor = Over Power?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
GameMaster0000
I tested something today I notice that only 1 disruptor can kill conyard in 3 shot. WF in 2 shot. But I'm little confused that I take 2 shot to kill any infantry too.
Lin Kuei Ominae
That is the cool thing about Sonic beams, that they hit buildings on more than just one cell. The bigger the building the more damage.
The same is true for the flamethrower particle system and railguns.
GameMaster0000
So it mean that Disruptor will support be the structure killer right. And I tested again Disruptor is lose to Deployed Tick Tank.
Aro
By using ctrl-Fire you can destroy a Refinery in one shot. Thats why they're so slow in the original TS, they never should of increased its speed in Firestorm.
Rampastring
I find them quite balanced even in Firestorm. While they do wipe out structures and infantry easily, they lose to Tick Tanks and some other armor-piercing units.
Winged One
I hate them. Whenever I use them, the bulk of my force decides to run in front of them and get obliterated. If I use them, I usually send them on suicide Refinery or Construction Yard destruction missions.
Crash
Carryall-rush with disruptors is a tactic I really like tongue.gif Disruptors may be overpowered, but TS is actually inbalanced as it is anyways.
Aro
Disruptors may be overpowered, but TS is actually inbalanced as it is anyways.

Which was the point in the first place.
Rampastring
QUOTE (Aro @ May 23 2008, 12:40 PM) *
Which was the point in the first place.

Agreed, it is a bit imbalanced, but not horribly.. The gameplay is mostly like "rock-paper-scissors". Disruptors and everything else can be countered with some other units (although I hate the fact that a single disruptor can destroy an Obelisk).

Whenever I use them, the bulk of my force decides to run in front of them and get obliterated.

That's why I don't use them alongside other units. And when I do, I use them carefully.
Arsenal 121
It's best to use Disruptors with LRFS units. What I do for a modified version of SMIFFGIG's TIberian Sun Retro (from the Tiberium Sun days) is I use Disruptors supported by Mortar Carriers, a unit I made using the Rules.ini files. The Mortar Carriers act as mobile artillery, slinging 80mm and 120mm mortars over the Disruptors and remaining out of their line of fire, thus preventing multiple 'Blue-on-Blue' situations.
daTSchikinhed
if only there was a way to make your units immune to disruptor waves... type immune doesn't work for all units. confused.gif
Crimsonum
QUOTE (daTSchikinhed @ Jun 8 2008, 03:13 AM) *
if only there was a way to make your units immune to disruptor waves... type immune doesn't work for all units. confused.gif

Nah, I think the cool thing in Disruptors is the way they are balanced. They are immensely powerful, but can also destroy your units and buildings too if not used carefully. But I too hate how they can destroy an obelisk in two shots, whilst it takes three shots for an obelisk to kill a Disruptor.

It's funny when you can use two or three attack bikes with Nod to obliterate enemy buildings, by luring the enemy Disruptors to fire trough their own buildings tongue.gif
Arsenal 121
A little something else.

Whenever I'm running skirmishes and the computer sends it's Disruptors at me I usually counter with Infantry if I don't have anything else. I've found that the Disruptors tend to have trouble deciding which soldier to attack when they're swarmed by an infantry platoon.

Basically when the soldiers commence their attack the sonic tanks traverse their turrets left and right, trying to figure out which guy is shooting at them.

And who says Minigunners are useless?
GameMaster0000
because that Teamtypes set to "Aggressive" so that team we counter attack when its attack. And If has many attacker AI will confuse to attack. If you add only "1" rocketman to attack Disruptor will attack rocketman cause that rocketman max atk power in group. And if it is human this will not happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.