Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did both campiagns take place?
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Discussion
Winged One
Did both the Nod and GDI campaigns take place? Or did the GDI story only take place, and the Nod story was a what-if?
Ixith
I believe it is parts of both campaign took place but the GDI ending was the one that actually happened in terms of story.

BTW love the sig. The legacy of Kain games were amazing. Though I never played Blood Omen 2. Defiance brought everything together and was fun.
ORCACommander
They started off on the same timeline but at some point they diverge and the GDI campaign ending is the official one.
Winged One
Maybe around the time of the Scrin ship level? Cause in the GDI version, Nod is attempting to destroy it to cover it up, and in the Nod campaign GDI sees it as a threat and attempts to destroy it.
The DvD
One thing i liked about the Firestorm expansion is that both GDI and Nod have the same events happening during their campaigns, and the endings both tell one side of the story.
Allied General
Best thing about FS is that you are the hero instead of playing McNeil/Slavik dance.gif

Main difference i remember in TS is McNeil's brother dying and Vega getting owned early on (after he crashed the ship but I guess in GDI campaign he fled the scene early?)
KingByng
In the GDI campaign Vega was vapourized by a nuclear warhead.
Allied General
yeah i know he also overdoses on eye candy but i'm assuming vega crashed the scrin ship in mission 3 gdi
Winged One
I'd say that the GDI campaign starts roughly after Hassan is executed, since this is when Kane announces that he still lives to the Brotherhood. But they diverge at the Scrin ship mission on either side.
KingByng
QUOTE (Allied General @ May 16 2008, 08:40 AM) *
yeah i know he also overdoses on eye candy but i'm assuming vega crashed the scrin ship in mission 3 gdi

Yep, he crashed it. Kane was pissed, and boom.
Lin Kuei Ominae
And what happened to the Scrin ship?
I know they tried to blow it up, but without success.
So is it now under GDI control?
Do they researched its technology?
KingByng
In the Nod campaign GDI blew it up, but GDI managed to protect it from Nod in the GDI campaign. AFAIK, and correct me if I'm wrong, GDI did study it and that's where the disruptor technology came from.
Winged One
I think so, because a mission a little bit after was protecting the transportation of the disrupter crystals.
Lin Kuei Ominae
But then i wonder why the disruptor technology is new for Kane and why he wanted to steal it. Because after all he was it who build the ship and it should be an easy job for him to develop his own disruptor technology.
In addition it sounded in the briefing as if GDI has researched on the disruptor crystals for a quite long time, longer than they had access to the ship.
Winged One
Perhaps...But I thought Kane found the Scrin ship and moved it to Sarajevo.
KingByng
Kane built the ship with schematics from the Tacitus, and the Tacitus was on the Scrin ship when it crashed. Maybe, when GDI studied the Tacitus, they found the disruptor crystal technology?
Lin Kuei Ominae
afaik, GDI never had access to the Tacitus before the final movie sequence in which McNeil killed Kane and then took the Tacitus. In the Scrinship mission it was said, that Nod got everything out of the ship. It was almost an empty hull when GDI got control over it.
KingByng
What about that mission where you have to capture the Nod technology centre? Maybe GDI got the Tacitus then?
Crash
If Nod had taken everything out of the scrin ship, why did they protect it that badly?
Winged One
At his point, if we move to GDI canon, we could say that Nod never tried to protect the ship. GDI did, while Nod tried to destroy it.

@BlackieChan: Unlikely. At the beginning of Firestorm, the first cutscene is when GDI first recover the Tacitus from Kane's pyramid.
Allied General
QUOTE (CrashKing @ May 18 2008, 09:48 AM) *
If Nod had taken everything out of the scrin ship, why did they protect it that badly?

They were delaying GDI and placing explosive charges on the ship but it failed (the female engineer explains it) thus Nod in desperation tried to blow it up directly during ion storm otherwise too many gdi reinforcements incoming.

It kinda becomes confusing then as no longer introducing after being introduced to Umagon.
Chriz
QUOTE (BlackieChan @ May 17 2008, 10:38 PM) *
Kane built the ship with schematics from the Tacitus, and the Tacitus was on the Scrin ship when it crashed. Maybe, when GDI studied the Tacitus, they found the disruptor crystal technology?

The Tacitus wasnt in the ship - while it was stored in Sarajego together with the ship, the tacitus was stolen by mutants. The Sarajego mission ends with 2 mutants runing away from the old temple, talking about something they found that needs to be delivered to Tratos - that was the Tacitus.
Kane thought the Tacitus was on baord the ship when Vega chrashed it, thats why Slavic should recouver it. Its even said in the vidoe after you find the wrecked ship:
Kane" And the Tacitus?"
Nod Soldier "There no sign of it here" (then the soldier gehts killed by mutants).

The Tacitus is the reason Nod attacks the Mutants....

Some time later GDI reinforcements arrive, GDI captures the ship and McNeil meets Umagan.
Winged One
But then how did it end up in Nod hands?
KingByng
Wow I completely forgot some of the plot.... it has been a while since I played through the campaigns.
Allied General
QUOTE (Winged One @ May 21 2008, 12:16 PM) *
But then how did it end up in Nod hands?

They attack the mutant stronghold and captured Tratos along with the Tacitus.

Although then it spilits again as Umagon isn't captured by Nod til late game final mission.
Arsenal 121
QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ May 17 2008, 10:06 AM) *
But then i wonder why the disruptor technology is new for Kane and why he wanted to steal it. Because after all he was it who build the ship and it should be an easy job for him to develop his own disruptor technology.
In addition it sounded in the briefing as if GDI has researched on the disruptor crystals for a quite long time, longer than they had access to the ship.

If I remember correctly the reason Kane wanted the Disruptor, or Sonic Tank as he called it, was because he considered himself a 'Tank Afficionado.' Probably why Nod has so many more tanks than GDI in Tiberian Sun. The number increases in the Tiberian Sun: Retro mod but that's irrelevant.
Bittah Commander
QUOTE (BlackieChan @ May 17 2008, 01:52 AM) *
In the Nod campaign GDI blew it up, but GDI managed to protect it from Nod in the GDI campaign. AFAIK, and correct me if I'm wrong, GDI did study it and that's where the disruptor technology came from.

GDI never got the chance to study the Tacitus until after the Firestorm campaign. At the beginning of the Firestorm GDI was just about to take the Tacitus to Tratos, because he was only able to read it (aside from CABAL of course, who then later on had Tratos assassinated to get rid of the competition), but shortly after the Kodiak took off to take the Tacitus to Tratos, it was struck by lightning in a heavy ion storm.
GDI then recovered the Tacitus, but before they could get it to Tratos, he was assassinated and shortly after that CABAL stole the Tacitus from GDI (after CABAL used GDI's forces to collect a missing segment of the Tacitus).
Only after GDI and Nod defeat CABAL together, GDI recovers the Tacitus from CABAL and gets a chance to study it.
Nod Strike
And then came C&C3...
yay -.-

Anyway, we've gone into firestorm. Wasn't the conversation about TibSun originally?

The Tacitus switches from hands to other hands throughout the campaign. Once i think, from Nod to GDI.
Bittah Commander
Meh, C&C3 is to be ignored IMO.

Anyway, during the TS campaign Vega took the Scrinship (which Nod built at the end of TD with information gotten from the Tacitus) and crashed it (Kane later drops a nuke on Vega's pyramid for this). GDI found the crash site, but after Nod did and when Nod got there, it turned out the mutants took the Tacitus from the ship. Nod then tries to destroy the Scrinship to keep GDI from researching it, which is when GDI has to fend off Nod and defend the Scrinship until reinforcements arrive.
Nod then disguises as GDI and attacks the mutants (so that GDI would be blamed) and takes the Tacitus back. GDI never gets their hands on the Tacitus in TS until the very end of the campaign after McNeil nailed Kane.
KingByng
Well I'm glad you cleared that up for me, I wasn't to sure about the possession of the Tacitus.
Slender Mang
QUOTE (Bittah Commander @ Jun 15 2008, 09:17 AM) *
Meh, C&C3 is to be ignored IMO.

Anyway, during the TS campaign Vega took the Scrinship (which Nod built at the end of TD with information gotten from the Tacitus) and crashed it (Kane later drops a nuke on Vega's pyramid for this). GDI found the crash site, but after Nod did and when Nod got there, it turned out the mutants took the Tacitus from the ship. Nod then tries to destroy the Scrinship to keep GDI from researching it, which is when GDI has to fend off Nod and defend the Scrinship until reinforcements arrive.
Nod then disguises as GDI and attacks the mutants (so that GDI would be blamed) and takes the Tacitus back. GDI never gets their hands on the Tacitus in TS until the very end of the campaign after McNeil nailed Kane.

The EA games should also be counted even though as some of you would say there 'mucked' up there still part of the story line [SPOILERS FOR KANES WRATH], After the disappearance of Kane GDI does take the Tacitus to a secure location in the Colorado mountain. Kane soon enough harnesses his cyborg army (Which was dormant after the second Tiberium war until he arrived) and sent troops to the facility in Colorado and retrieves the Tacitus after GDI has severely damaged it. Oh then a cliff hanger lol.gif
Winged One
[Avoids KW spoilers]
So, does this mean that both campaigns DID take place?

EDIT: Wait, that's not possible. NOD shoots the Philadelphia down with a missile at the end of their campaign. Granted they still do this, but not until a few years later.
Crash
Only the GDI ending takes place if the story is to continue. The only difference is Firestorm where both campaigns do take place. This was stated by AdamIsGreen on Petroglyph.

Red alert (Allies) -> Tiberian Dawn (GDI) -> Tiberian Sun (GDI) -> Firestorm (GDI and Nod)
Red alert (soviet) -> End
Tiberian Dawn (Nod) -> End
Tiberian Sun (Nod) -> End
Bittah Commander
QUOTE (Winged One @ Jun 17 2008, 02:35 AM) *
So, does this mean that both campaigns DID take place?

Actually Nod's campaign really takes place up 'till mission 8. The main differences between the GDI and Nod campaigns are that from Nod mission 9 and on are that Nod destroys the GDI Mammoth Mk. II prototype, captures Hammerfest where they also capture McNeil's brother to get him to help them and they eventually destroy the Philadelphia with 3 ICBM missiles, while in the GDI campaign Hammerfest is eventually destroyed, in which McNeil's brother is also killed and the Sonic Crystals are stolen from Hammerfest as well, but later on retrieved and finally GDI prevents Nod from launching the ICBM missiles at the Philadelphia, McNeil rescues Umagon from Kane, kills Kane and takes the Tacitus.
Winged One
I thought that Hammerfest was captured in the GDI campaign, as well. I could have sworn that the first part of the mission was to recapture the base.
Crash
It was. Nod captured hammerfest, but you took it back. Nod later destroys the base, kills Jake Mc. Neil, and takes the crystals.
Bittah Commander
Exactly smile.gif
Winged One
Ah. That makes sense.
The White Wizard
I always thought it was the GDI campaign because in Tibereium Wars Philidelphia got destroyed when all the world leaders were on board. I want to know what happened at the begining of Firestorm where they lost contact with Philidelphia, surely they would know that it was destroyed, but even if they had lost contact with it IT WOULD HAVE RAINED DOWN ON THEM? And whats Southern Cross?
The White Wizard
I also have a question, in Tiberium Dawn Nod destroyed the whitehouse (If you don't believe me check CrashKing's Sig =D) But it's back in Tiberium wars...
Nintyuk
QUOTE (Alyx @ Jul 23 2008, 10:44 PM) *
I also have a question, in Tiberium Dawn Nod destroyed the whitehouse (If you don't believe me check CrashKing's Sig =D) But it's back in Tiberium wars...

Its one of the buildings you can target after beating the nod campanie, the iffel tower, big ben and one other are also targets so its up to the player which you use the ion cannon on
Winged One
The NOD ending of TD is also uncanonical, so don't rely on it.
The White Wizard
oh ok so really the tiberium saga is from GDI perspective
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.