Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fixing the Civilian Dam
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Modding > Modding Tutorials
The DvD
The below tutorial was written by Deezire and was originally posted here.

Something that has literally bugged me for years so I thought I'd finally sort it out. You know the score with this one - the dam anims dont display and they look funky if you uncomment the lines in ART.INI due to bad pallette problems (as the comments themselves warn you).

It's a 2-part fix, so first open ART.INI and replace the existing entries with these ones;-

CODE
[CTDAM]
Foundation=2x5
NewTheater=yes
ActiveAnim=CTDAM_A
ActiveAnimDamaged=CTDAM_AD
ActiveAnimZAdjust=-120
ActiveAnimTwo=CTDAM_B
ActiveAnimTwoDamaged=CTDAM_BD
ActiveAnimTwoZAdjust=-60
TerrainPalette=yes
ExtraDamageStage=false
DemandLoad=true

CODE
[CTDAM_A]
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=9
LoopCount=-1
Rate=350
TerrainPalette=yes
NewTheater=yes
DemandLoad=true

CODE
[CTDAM_AD]
Image=CTDAM_A
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=10
LoopEnd=19
LoopCount=-1
Rate=220
TerrainPalette=yes
NewTheater=yes
DemandLoad=true

CODE
[CTDAM_B]
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=7
LoopCount=-1
Rate=350
Surface=yes
TerrainPalette=yes
NewTheater=yes
DemandLoad=true

CODE
[CTDAM_BD]
Image=CTDAM_B
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=8
LoopEnd=15
LoopCount=-1
Rate=350
Surface=yes
TerrainPalette=yes
NewTheater=yes
DemandLoad=true

Second, replace the CTDAM_A.SHP and CTDAM_B.SHP with the ones attached here. Done!

WARNING - the end result is not that spectacular and was not worth half the effort I made but hey at least it spices the dam up a bit which has been sadly lacking for the last decade or so LOL.

You can make it look a little better by NOT replacing CTDAM_A.SHP thus leaving it to be drawn in the wrong palette which actually looks a little better IMHO but I included it anyways for the purists so its done properly.
Lin Kuei Ominae
you forgot to add the link to the new files: CTDAM.zip 10.71 KB

or i just can't see the link, since they're still looking the same as normal text. tongue.gif
Crimsonum
Note that this isn't really a complete fix, just something to make it look better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.