Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding music to Tiberian Dawn
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Dawn > TD Discussion
insulfrog
I have a question about adding additional music to Tiberian Dawn. Since the question is about modding (I think), is the 'Tiberian Dawn Mods' sub-forum open?

If not, here is the question: -

I am adding additional music to Tiberian Dawn, I have modded the approprate file, which is scores.mix with aditional .aud music files in the TD directory. but I think I think I need to edit another file (a 'text' or an 'INI' file of some sort, similar to Tiberian Sun's 'theme.ini' file) to make the music work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Lin Kuei Ominae
afaik you have to hex-edit the game.dat (DOS) or C&C95.exe (SVGA), since the game doesn't used inis yet.

Open the file with a hex editor and search for AIRSTRIK. There you can see the list of music used by the game. Then replace one of these with the filename of your new music. Afaik you can only replace music and can't add new tracks to the game.

So instead of editing the dat/exe you better replace in scores.mix an original track with your new one. This should be much easier.
Nyerguds
First of all it's LOADS easier to just call your own file AIRSTRIK.AUD then.

Secondly, airstrike isn't in the normal game list. And changing its filename and/or replacing its AUD file will not magically make it appear in the list either.

As far as I know, my C&C95 UGE beta 3.0 is the only tool that is able to edit the settings of the tracks in C&C95.
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/tools/cnc95uge_beta.zip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.