Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GDI Mission: Bridge Brigade
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Hosted Projects > Inactive > Tiberian Sun: Covert Operations > GDI Operations
Ixith
GDI Mission: Bridge Brigade (will possibly come up with a better name)

Description/Overview:
Commander, intel suggests that Nod is attempting to send reinforcements through this area to the battle in Xaveum. If those reinforcements are to reach their destination before that battle is over then Nod will surely win the battle. Luckily we have a small airforce base on an island to the west of the region they are attempting to pass through. We will also supply you with a small task force to eliminate any SAMs that Nod might have installed in the area.

Pics: (radar edited out for map safety. Also disregard the Jumpjets as they will not be buildable most likely. I haven't decided yet)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Lin Kuei Ominae
that looks good (it has a nice detail), but like always i've something to complain about tongue.gif

-on the first pic not all civil cars stand correct in a parking lot (e.g. the pickups). Ok in reality some morons do park diagonal too. biggrin.gif

-on the second pic a waterfall down the cliff on the right side of the big bridge would make it look more realistic.
-Even if the small low bridges look really good, the many bridgehuts needed for them could look too much. In addition it would look a bit unbelievable if Nod forces are stopped by one of these small bridges if they are destroyed, due to the feeling of a quite flat water.
-imo the waterfall should have a more blue than yellow lighting.

-on the third, your should remove some powerplants and turbines, except you plan to add something more to the base.

imo you shouldn't make the JJ buildable since they take away the need to use the orcas. Because with these you can simply take out SAMs as well as ground units. imo you should force the player to use both ground and air units to take out the nod forces.
Ixith
Ok so a week late response but yea...

QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Apr 5 2008, 03:08 PM) *
-on the first pic not all civil cars stand correct in a parking lot (e.g. the pickups). Ok in reality some morons do park diagonal too. biggrin.gif

I think I know what you mean here. The pick up trucks moved from being in the way of combat. I plan on removing some of the vehicles in that city area as I feel there are just a few too many right now.

-on the second pic a waterfall down the cliff on the right side of the big bridge would make it look more realistic.
-Even if the small low bridges look really good, the many bridgehuts needed for them could look too much. In addition it would look a bit unbelievable if Nod forces are stopped by one of these small bridges if they are destroyed, due to the feeling of a quite flat water.
-imo the waterfall should have a more blue than yellow lighting.

I agree about those 2 small bridge possibly being too much and will probably remove one of them and will do so by redirecting the water into another waterfall below that bridge like you said. In addition there will not be any bridge repair huts on this map mainly because then Nod could just send in an engi and fix the destroyed bridges wink1.gif. As for the area in which the water is currently going I will have to create another tiny river that won't cause any bridges but will allow for the other area I already have made and quite like.
also the waterfall lighting. I like the yellowish lighting but I do think it could be less and perhaps more blue added in to it possibly to. I will experiment with it some.

-on the third, your should remove some powerplants and turbines, except you plan to add something more to the base.

yea I completely agree. I think I will reduce it to 2 power plants with only a single upgrade each instead of how it is currently. As for the base that is all I plan on having in there because it is limited space and I don't want the player to have certain things.

imo you shouldn't make the JJ buildable since they take away the need to use the orcas. Because with these you can simply take out SAMs as well as ground units. imo you should force the player to use both ground and air units to take out the nod forces.

that was what I was thinking in the first place. So jumpjets are out for sure. They will make their own personalized appearance in that other map. smile.gif

again thanks for the criticism and ideas as it is helping.
Crash
I think you should make the GDI buildings give out light instead of having an invisible light post. tongue.gif Or having light posts that are visible.

The only problem with glowing buildings is nod when they have got their buildings cloaked tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.