Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal Gear Rex
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > The Graphics Fridge
wondle_donkey
If you've ever played Metal Gear Solid, you know what this dude is. But if you havent, Metal Gear Rex is a 3 story nuclear equipped bipedal tank capable of launching an IRBM range nuke via rail gun anywhere in the world. I'm looking to improve, so contructive criticism is appreciated very much.

In case you haven't already noticed, I have yet to texture it cool.gif
jadems
OMG, that's beautiful. I love MGS.
But the legs don't look right. I think that's in it's 'off' position, but still I think the third leg is should be more out back.
Tore
It looks nice! It just needs some textures and it will be great! smile.gif

EDIT: The legs looks a bit weird. confused.gif
SeekSomethingNew
*Uber MGS Fan here*

Wow, nice start dude!

If your looking for ideas, i suggest you peak around for the concept art for Rex that Hideo released some time ago. It had different views of the model in 3D and 2D views. They would help you a lot.
wondle_donkey
Thanks for the great comments, but what really about the legs look weird? I fixed the "heels" so they go out more towards the back and they look more stable, but I don't see much else wrong with the legs. And Hyper, I couldn't find those concepts, any idea where they may be?
jadems
Ohh, searching through my pictures I found this:
Click to view attachment

Following that, yours looks pretty good, maybe I was wrong about the legs.
SeekSomethingNew
Yea Jad, thats one of them. There is also another of the model in wire frame mode IIRC...

WD, im not sure, i just remember seeing them ages ago, on some fan site
Crimsonum
*Expecting Carno to show up soon*

tongue.gif

Btw, nice work with the model so far.
wondle_donkey
Right, thanks for the help guys, I used that concept art to add some detail, like that plating on the "knees" and those little cartridge... Thingys (I always see those on tanks, what are they?) on the legs. The model still looks lacking in a lot of areas, but I don't really know what to add or change.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.