Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: War of the worlds 1953 vxl
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Tiberian Sun > TS Graphics > Finished Voxels
Roadwarrior
its not that great but hey the shading on the green is awesome.

the pack includes a non-remap and a remap version

360<-has old turret

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Scorch
I like this, but I feel it should be hovering above the ground a tad bit more.
Do you have a firing anim?
Roadwarrior
i was thinking about it but right now im not sure.
Team Black
Well Roadster, you've made better.. I'm not totally familiar with the 1953 WOTW, but the voxel itself is lacking a bit

there's not a lot of real shading or detail here. The green is good, but the plain grey doesn't do it much justice.
The voxel itself is pretty small, and the shape is not too appealing.

I'd give it 4/10
KingByng
IIRC, the movie had that thing on top a bit taller, and the curve in the front was deeper.

Seeing the 1953 movie today it is hard to imagine that it won an Oscar for its special effects...
Lin Kuei Ominae
please add more detail and work out the shape in a better way.

as you can see the wingtips are narrower and the glowing front stripe is smaller.
Finally it should be twice the size and has some kind of organic-metallic texture in blue/black/grey shades. Then it could be a great Scrin ship.
Roadwarrior
new version

Link

still need to do some coloring on it

Blackiechan:seeing the 1953 movie today it is hard to imagine that it won an Oscar for its special effects.

no its not it was made in 1953, movie special effects were still a new thing and hard to do.

Edit: ingame:Click to view attachment
KingByng
I know I was just saying that when seeing newer movies with amazing special effects (the 2005 War of the Worlds for example), then seeing an older one like that....

never mind, I can fin a good way to get my point across.

On the newer version of the voxel, I say it is a very big improvement over the original you made. IMO, the side wingtip things droop too much, and the structure extending toward those side wingtip things are a bit too small.

It is shaping up to be a very nice voxel. Keep up the good work!
Nod Strike
Is it possible to make it have some sort of overshield?
Roadwarrior
Ok here is the download for it

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.