Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coke Bottle
TiberiumWeb.org Community Forums > Off Topic > The Graphics Fridge
Roani52

Some people said it looks good. Made in 3DS Max 9, using VRay renderer. It took my PC 2 hours to render (Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 @ 2,8 GHz (<yea, 2,8. Not 1,8. It's overclocked))
What do you think of it?

I didn't use caustics. I have no idea how they work... I'd like to know how, but I only tried it once. But it didn't work.
Altzan
Looks great to me, although I'm not familiar with most of the terms you used in your post...
ChielScape
zet er eens een paar langs elkaar en laat ze elkaar reflecteren tongue.gif
Dutchygamer
Dan is z'n pc RIP tongue.gif
It's nice though wink.gif
ChielScape
nah, duurt alleen wat langer met renderen. die C2D's zijn krachtige beestjes.
Roani52
heheh... Was op 1 core... Omdat ik ook nog normaal wilde computeren (ff klooie met affinity enzo. 3DS op core 0, en explorer.exe op core 1).
But let's keep it english.
'zet er eens een paar langs elkaar en laat ze elkaar reflecteren tongue.gif'
Uhmm... Why should I do that? I first want to get caustics working... I'll experiment with cylinders... I'll see. Maybe.
If I got caustics working, I'll try to put 3 in a single scene. I also want to make a movie of it, with a rotating camera. Of course not with that sick resolution. I'll keep it at 640x480 or something.
Winged One
The bottle itself looks swell, but the shadow could use some work...
The DvD
I'd say the shadow looks like that ('simple') because the surface isn't detailed at all wink1.gif

I have to say, the image makes me thirsty. Add some waterdrops (condens..)
Winged One
Technically, if it's glass, shouldn't the light pass through without making a shadow?

Just playing devil's advocate here, don't mind me. =P
Dutchygamer
Glass will leave a shadow, even though it may be hard to see. Try and put a glass in the sun. You will notice a shadow smile.gif
Anyways, I suggest reducing the intensity of the glass shadow. The shadow of the paper is good though...
Lin Kuei Ominae
glass doesn't only throws a shadow it also breaks the light.
Add a slight mirror effect to the glas texture.
and also a slight refraction map.(i assume 25% intensity on both should be enough)

Those 2 should give it a much better/realistic look.
KingByng
I've only got two problems with this:

1) The shadow is too dark
2) It's Coke (Pepsi is better) tongue.gif

Good work!
ShDwBoRn
thats really good! (anyone know where i can find a free 3d imaging program type thing)
Roani52
In reality, a total black shadow is created, and the light refracts, because the bottle act as a lens. The only thing you see are the caustics.
Well, now I'm talking in 3DS terms, but still, they are quite close to reality. We have a crystal candle holder, and it 'creates' a dark grey shadow, with some light spots in and outside the shadow. Maybe I don't explain it well, but I hope it's a bit clear wink1.gif

EDIT
@ShDwBoRn, GMAX is free, does look much like 3DS. Google Sketch Up, free as well... Blender, believe that's free too...
Slavic
Nice bottle.
Roani52
thank you biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.